Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

It will stay, only if the effects of the monster that has an effect that equips will the equip go away, this is just a bug.

"Suppose that the effect of a monster like "Dragunity Dux" or "Dragunity Legionnaire" has its effect resolve and it equips itself with a Level 3 or lower "Dragunity" monster. If the effect of "Skill Drain" is then applied, then "Dragunity Dux" can no longer be equipped with a monster by its own effect, so the Level 3 or lower "Dragunity" monster equipped to it is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard."

Yes, that's what I figured. It must be old code that says "If Dux's effect is negated, destroy Dragunity cards equipped to it" Which doesn't account for the new Spear.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question on a weird situation I just encountered:

I control only 1 face-down Shaddoll Beast and Shadow Games. My opponent Normal Summons X monster and then activates Creature Swap.

If I chain Shadow Games to the Spell and flip my Beast face-up for the FLIP effect, do I get the effect or the opponent does because he/she would be controlling Beast before its effect activates? This is assuming the chain would be arranged this way:

CL1: Creature Swap

CL2: Shadow Games

Games resolves and flips Beast -> Creature Swap exchanges the monsters

Then Beast resolves in a different chain along the effect of the Shaddoll milled by Games.

Question on a weird situation I just encountered:

I control only 1 face-down Shaddoll Beast and Shadow Games. My opponent Normal Summons X monster and then activates Creature Swap.

If I chain Shadow Games to the Spell and flip my Beast face-up for the FLIP effect, do I get the effect or the opponent does because he/she would be controlling Beast before its effect activates? This is assuming the chain would be arranged this way:

CL1: Creature Swap

CL2: Shadow Games

Games resolves and flips Beast -> Creature Swap exchanges the monsters

Then Beast resolves in a different chain along the effect of the Shaddoll milled by Games.

It activates on the side of the field where it was flipped face-up.

http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/index.php?/topic/134857-mind-control-set-shadoll-and-sinister-shadow-games/

I activate Compulsory Evacuation Device, targetting a face-down Shaddoll Falco. my opponent Chains a face-down Sinister Shadow Games as Link 2. The Chain resolves, and opponent sends his Shaddoll monster to the graveyard, and flips up the falco. Compulse resolves, putting the Falco in hand. Does Falco still get its FLIP effect?

I activate Compulsory Evacuation Device, targetting a face-down Shaddoll Falco. my opponent Chains a face-down Sinister Shadow Games as Link 2. The Chain resolves, and opponent sends his Shaddoll monster to the graveyard, and flips up the falco. Compulse resolves, putting the Falco in hand. Does Falco still get its FLIP effect?

yes you should get falco effect in the new chain since its already flipped

same case when ehren attack a face-down flip effect monster, the monster is flipped, then returned to deck before the flip activates,

then the flip effect activate in new chain

No you won't.

By the time it activates, it is no longer on the field (where it has to activate), and as such, it won't activate in the first place, because Shaddoll Falco cannot activate in the hand.

yes you should get falco effect in the new chain since its already flipped

same case when ehren attack a face-down flip effect monster, the monster is flipped, then returned to deck before the flip activates,

then the flip effect activate in new chain

This is wrong.

If you look at the ruling:

By the time Ehren activates, the flip effect has already been activated. if Ehren returned the monster before it could activate, then the flip effect would not be able to activate according to the newer YCS head judge ruling. And since the flip effect has already been activated, Ehren cannot go back in time and reverse it, so it resolves normally.

nvm, I looked at the wrong ruling.

This is wrong.

If you look at the ruling:

By the time Ehren activates, the flip effect has already been activated. if Ehren returned the monster before it could activate, then the flip effect would not be able to activate according to the newer YCS head judge ruling. And since the flip effect has already been activated, Ehren cannot go back in time and reverse it, so it resolves normally.

Ehhhh, since when did Flip Effects activate before Damage Calculation? Flip Effects activate AFTER it.

• 2 weeks later...

if an activation of set s/t or a flip summon of a monster is negated and then destroyed, 

would they count as destroyed while on the field?

for card like mound of the bound creator or the /assault mode monsters

No, if the Flip Summon was negated, the monster was treated as not being on the Field, so Semi-Nomis like Chaos Sorcerer or Synchros/Xyz cannot be SSed, even though they had been on the Field previously and then flipped down.

If my opponent has a Daigusto Sphreez while I have a Evolzar Dalkka on the field could I activate Dalkka's effect during damage calculation?

No. Sphreez's effect to reflect Battle Damage is a Continuous Effect and does not activate. Therefore, Dolkka cannot chain to that effect.

Is this the correct answer to this ruling;

If I control 2 Light and Darkness Dragon and 2 Doomcaliber Knights, and my opponent controls a King Tiger Wanghu, two Light and Darkness Dragons, and two Doomcaliber Knights, then what happens if I attempt to Special Summon a Treeborn Frog from my Graveyard?

Assuming both players want to put LaDDs on the chain before Doomcal, and if there's multiple chains each player will opt to put their LaDDs in the same order each time.
I'm going to bring back Treeborn as many times as I possibly can

CL1 Treeborn

All in response to treeborn's eff;
CL2 My 1st LaDD
CL3 My second LaDD
CL4 My 1st Doomcal
CL5 my second Doomcal
CL6 Your 1st LaDD
CL7 your 2nd LaDD
CL8 your 1st Doomcal
CL9 your 2nd Doomcal

• Your 2nd Doomcal negates Treeborn and all LaDDs fizzle, remaining at 2800/2400

CL1 Treeborn
CL2 my 1st LaDD
CL3 my second LaDD
CL4 your 1st LaDD
CL5 your 2nd LaDD

• Your 2nd ladd loses 500 and negates treeborn, and the rest fizzle

• This repeats 3 times until your second LaDD is at 800/400, then 4 more so your other LaDD is at 800/400, and 8 times more to reduce my LaDDs

• On Treeborns 18th attempt to summon, no LaDD can negate it. You then have this nineteenth...

CL1 Wanghu
CL2 LaDD1
CL3 LaDD2
CL4 yLaDD1
CL5 yLaDD2

• Any further than this and you're just infinite looping

I control 1 face-down Pandemic Infection and a Kerykeion. I use the effect of Keryekion and my opponent chains with Breakthrough. Can I play around Breakthrough and get the effect of Kerykeion if I chain Infection to return it to the Deck?

I don't see why not. The effect already activated, and I don't think Kerkyion has the "This card must be face-up to activate and to resolve this effect" line. That should be a perfectly legal move.

EDIT: Should probably note that you will not be able to perform an additional normal summon afterwards, because it is an Ignition effect and not something that just applies.

Archived