Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If someone chains Mind Crush to Yosenju Kama 2's summon, which effect happens first: his on summon or Mind Crush?

Kama 2's effect is a Trigger Effect, so it will be Link 1. Mind Crush can be Chained as Link 2, and the declared card is named now.

Then the chain resolves:

Link 2: The declared card, if any, is discarded.

Link 1: Normal Summon a Yosenju. If this is no longer possible due to Mind Crush, the effect resolves with no effect.

if card that reflect battle damage such as Number 54 attack monster that double battle damage you take like odd-eyes pendulum dragon

would the reflected battle damage be doubled as well?

According to this Ruling, the damage will double:

"When "Amazoness Swordswoman" (1500 ATK) attacks "Stone Statue of the Aztecs" (2000 DEF), the controller of Stone Statue of the Aztecs takes 1000 Battle Damage."

What's the ruling on Nekroz of Trishula's in-hand effect vs Peropero Cerberus? Does Peropero stay in grave and can be used later, or does it banish itself for a cost? I still haven't played enough since PSCT and I'm still unsure on the wording of costs, most of what I know I've just picked up naturally from people who are better at rulings than me.

What's the ruling on Nekroz of Trishula's in-hand effect vs Peropero Cerberus? Does Peropero stay in grave and can be used later, or does it banish itself for a cost? I still haven't played enough since PSCT and I'm still unsure on the wording of costs, most of what I know I've just picked up naturally from people who are better at rulings than me.

Peropero banishes itself as the cost for its effect, so it is banished and stays banished.

In this particular case, I'll explain the PSCT for Peropero, just as an example.

"If you take damage by battle or by an opponent's card effect while this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish this card, then target 1 card on the field; destroy it"

PSCT is written that activation timings or conditions precede a colon :

Costs, targeting, or other events that apply before anything can chain to the effect are written before a semi-colon ;

After that is the effect's resolution.

In Peropero's case, the activation timing is "If you take damage by battle or by an opponent's card effect while this card is in your Graveyard (colon)"

You banish Peropero, and target a card on the field (semi-colon). This part is the cost/targeting. So banishing is a cost, and the effect targets. You pay the cost and select your target. Now your opponent may respond to the effect's activation (such as with Nekroz of Trish).

If they don't, the effect resolves (destroy it).

Dumb question time... Are pendulums counted as spells while in the hand as well? Say if I were to use summoner monk... could I discard a pendulum?

Spell Cards only when you activate when and while they're in the Pendulum Zone.

See more here:

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/322127-everything-you-need-to-know-about-pendulum-monsters/

I feel like I asked this already, but whatevs... Lol

Ghostrick Lantern vs something that stops special summonings. Something like Vanity.

The effect says it negates the attack, THEN it's special summoned. This is what confuses me. Does he negate the attack and I can continue to repeat this as long as Vanity is face up? Or do both effects need to be activated in order for me to negate? Meaning I can't do one without the other.

I feel like I asked this already, but whatevs... Lol

Ghostrick Lantern vs something that stops special summonings. Something like Vanity.

The effect says it negates the attack, THEN it's special summoned. This is what confuses me. Does he negate the attack and I can continue to repeat this as long as Vanity is face up? Or do both effects need to be activated in order for me to negate? Meaning I can't do one without the other.

No, you cannot activate a card you cannot resolve, so if it's already face-up, you cannot activate it, but if it's Chained, it will try to resolve as much as possible, due to the conjunction.

Question: If something with built in once per turn protection gets equipped with say Gagagashield. Is it safe from destruction 3 times a turn? What if it wasn't built in? Like if it was equipped with 2 Gagagashields (safe 4 times or 2)?

The rule of thumb is that the card that provides the most number of protections is the maximum number.

So if something says it can't be destroyed by battle once a turn, and it gets equipped with Gagaga Shield (which protects twice a turn), it will survive twice a turn. The number of times it can survive a turn will not stack. Two Gagaga Shields only protect twice a turn.

I've gotten curious now. Say Destiny HERO - Diamond Dude excavates Jackpot 7 with its effect. On your next turn, which effect of Jackpot 7 would activate? It isnt on the field, so you cant resolve the first effect, so would it be banished, and technically "by this effect?"

I've gotten curious now. Say Destiny HERO - Diamond Dude excavates Jackpot 7 with its effect. On your next turn, which effect of Jackpot 7 would activate? It isnt on the field, so you cant resolve the first effect, so would it be banished, and technically "by this effect?"

Since it's not on the field, you cannot activate the effect, since it is not able to resolve properly.

Archived