Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

Ahh, so it's the opposite of what I thought.

So rather, Conscription restricts the name/effect of the actual card that got added, AFTER it got added, so its name was Cyber Dragon Core when placed in the hand.

Yes it's a bit weird, but that seems to be how it's intended to work. I would think it always just regonize that name of one of the Fusion Materials, but I guess it only cares about what is actually added.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Nekroz of Trish is ritual summoned, and the only card I control is Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand, and I use felgrand's effect on itself, would Trishula's effect resolve?

When the "When this card is Ritual Summoned, you can: Banish exactly 3 of your opponent's cards, 1 each from their handfield, and Graveyard. (The card in the hand is chosen at random.)" effect resolves, you can choose to banish a monster that was affected by the effect of "Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand". If you do, that monster is not banished, but the other cards from the hand and Graveyard are banished as usual.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Nekroz_of_Trishula

If I have 2 Madolche Tickets down, can I activate both each turn? The card lore states once per turn.

It says you can only use the effect of Madolche Ticket once per turn, regardless of which copy of the card it is. You cannot activate 2 Ticket in a turn.

If I have 2 Madolche Tickets down, can I activate both each turn? The card lore states once per turn.

No you cannot. "Once per turn: You can..." and "You can only activate/use this effect of "Card Name" per turn" are differnet. The first means you can use more that one copy of the card per turn, the other means you can't. Read more here:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Once_per_turn

Advanced Heraldry Art v.s. Kaiser Colesseum (with 1 monster face-up... obv.)

This puzzles me, but then again... what doesn't? :P

Because Heraldry Art states that you Special Summon the targeted Heraldic Beasts, and THEN you Xyz Summon, you cannot attempt to activate Advanced Heraldry Arts, because you are attempting to place 2 monsters on the Field, which will give you more monsters than the opponent.

If a player has Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer out, can Nekroz of Trishula be used against that player if they get rid of Kycoo with its effect or is it disabled because they can't banish the Graveyard?

If Blackwing Gale halves a monster's stats, how does that affect boosts that are continuously giving up a constant amount (Equip Spells, Field Spells, etc)?

Then, if the Equip Field, etc. leaves the field, how does that change a halved monster's stats?

If a player has Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer out, can Nekroz of Trishula be used against that player if they get rid of Kycoo with its effect or is it disabled because they can't banish the Graveyard?

If Blackwing Gale halves a monster's stats, how does that affect boosts that are continuously giving up a constant amount (Equip Spells, Field Spells, etc)?

Then, if the Equip Field, etc. leaves the field, how does that change a halved monster's stats?

Trishula can still use its effect, but it cannot banish from the Graveyard. All 3 cards are banished simultaneously, so even if Kycoo is chosen as one of them, the Graveyard still cannot be touched.

EDIT: Actually, Nekroz of Trishula's effect cannot be used at all, because it MUST be able to banish exactly 3. Original Trishula follows the above ruling.

Gale halves current ATK. All modifiers currently active are halved, and if that modifier is a variable amount (such as Tragoedia), it will not further increase or decrease, regardless of the variables changing. If the equip/etc leaves the Field, the affected monster's stats still will not change.

However, new modifiers added after Gale has resolved will increase by the full amount.

If an effect with "this effect can only be used while this card is face-up" is played and a card with the same name, etc. is played, does the effect activate again while the first is on still face-up on the field? i don't think it would, but it thought i would check.

Yes? I am not sure I really understand what you're saying, but if multiple are face-up, you can activate each of their effects once.

Yes? I am not sure I really understand what you're saying, but if multiple are face-up, you can activate each of their effects once.

Well let's say you have a card named "Gul" whose effect says "When this card is Summoned, destroy a Spell/Trap card your opponent controls; activate this effect only once while this card is face-up."  and you already summoned it and used it's effect once; if you were to summon another Gul, could you use it's effect while the first Gul is face-up?

Well let's say you have a card named "Gul" whose effect says "When this card is Summoned, destroy a Spell/Trap card your opponent controls; activate this effect only once while this card is face-up."  and you already summoned it and used it's effect once; if you were to summon another Gul, could you use it's effect while the first Gul is face-up?

Yes unless Gul says that he doesnt like having a clone on the field.

Basically the only way it wouldnt work is if it has something along the lines of "You can only use the effect of "Gul" Once Per Turn"

What happens if Monster Gate or Reasoning excavates a Ritual Beast monster that has already been Special Summoned? Does it continue on excavating cards or does it stop there?

It stops there. The only thing it checks is whether the excavated monster can be Normal Summoned. If the card cannot be Special Summoned (but can be NSed), it goes to the Graveyard and the excavating ends.

Am I not allowed to Solemn Warning a monster summoned by Fusion Gate?

You can because

This card's effect starts a chain.[1]

No, you cannot Warning in response to Fusion Gate's fusion effect.

First off, you cannot Negate the summon of a fusion monster summoned with an effect. It's not like Synchros, Xyz, or Pendulums, it's like Rituals. They're not summoning themselves, other cards are. Contact fusions are exceptions.

Secondly, Warning states it can be used to respond to Spell cards, Trap Cards and Monster effects. This means it cannot be used in response to the effect of a S/T that's already face-up on the field, because that's it's effect, not its physical card.

Secondly, Warning states it can be used to respond to Spell cards, Trap Cards and Monster effects. This means it cannot be used in response to the effect of a S/T that's already face-up on the field, because that's it's effect, not its physical card.

Oh, right you are. Warning doesn't say that it can negate the effects of Spell and Trap Cards. I thought that it did, but I seem to have spent too much time around SD/AM and Quasar.

Archived