Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question concerning the effect of Nikitama...

Cannot be Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Return it to the hand. During the turn this card was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up, you can Normal Summon 1 Spirit monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Draw 1 card. You must control a Spirit monster to activate and to resolve this effect.

Now I am out of the loop with how they word card effects now when they miss the timing, but my first guess at this would be the card would miss the timing. However when I was looking at the rulings for OCG i saw this.. 

If "Nikitama" is the only Spirit monster you control, and you Tribute it to Tribute Summon "Dark Dust Spirit", the "When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Draw 1 card." effect will activate. In this case, the effect of "Nikitama" and "Dark Dust Spirit" form a Chain. (The Chain is formed in any order.)[2]

This implying that the card would not miss the timing. 

This is all well and nice but I'd like the confirmation of a YCMer as well.  My main thought was whether or not one would be able to NS Nikitama followed by another Spirit Monster then use Soul Transition for a net of 3 draws.  Any help?

nikitama's draw is not optinal so it won't miss timing

edit:

Well everyone says that BA dont miss timing, so because its worded a similar way, i guess it wouldnt miss timing.

Im pretty certain it wouldnt.

burning abyss have if this card is sent to the graveyard instead of  when this card is sent to the graveyard. thats why they dnt miss timing

So Ritual Beasts just came into TCG and I decided to give them a try.

I have a question about Rampengu: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Spiritual_Beast_Rampengu

Is the lore a typo?

I've been reading the effects and names, and if I'm not mistaken. Spiritual Beasts are the animals that share their types with the Fusions, while Ritual Beasts are the tamers that are all Psychic-Type. Then that means one can't sent a Ritual Beast Fusion to banish a Ritual Beast from the deck of the same Type. Or is there something else to the strategy that I'm missing?

Spiritual Beast

It's a similiar thing as to why XX-Sabers are X-Sabers. The "X-Saber" part IS in their names. So is "Ritual Beast" in "Spiritual Beast".

Huh somehow I had not noticed that Spiritual had the word ritual inside of it. That's a huge facepalm for me... 

Thanks.

While I'm feeling slow and just to clairfy.

Can Fusion Conscription search generic materials of a fusion monster or does that fusion monster have to have a name on the card. 

Example: Revealing Frightfur Sheep.  Do you have to get sabers or can you get "any" fluffal"

Um no.

Also you could only search chain.

I'm sure this has been asked before but:

Can you tribute summon Gilford the Lightning by tributing kasier seahorse and 1 other monster in order to activate gilford's effect.

I know I've done it in one of the older world championship games, but as destiny hero malicious demonstrates, that doesn't mean its correct

(For those who don't know, in one of the earlier WC games, malicious was mis-programmed as a quick effect).

edit: never mind, its no longer relevant

I'm sure this has been asked before but:

Can you tribute summon Gilford the Lightning by tributing kasier seahorse and 1 other monster in order to activate gilford's effect.

I know I've done it in one of the older world championship games, but as destiny hero malicious demonstrates, that doesn't mean its correct

(For those who don't know, in one of the earlier WC games, malicious was mis-programmed as a quick effect).

"You can Tribute Summon "The Wicked Avatar" or "The Wicked Dreadroot" by Tributing "Double Coston" and one other monster."

So yes, you can use Seahorse for Gilford.

So lets say I play Fusion Conscription and reveal anything that lists Cyber Dragon-

I recover Cyber Dragon Core in my Graveyard because it's "Cyber Dragon" in the Graveyard.

I assume that if I Normal said Core, I can't activate it's effect, right? Since it's now Cyber Dragon on the field/Conscription would block it's effects from activating/etc.

But if that's the case, then how does that apply to Core's effect by itself, in the sense that you can only use 1 Core effect per turn, despite the fact it's other bit of texts states that it becomes the original Cyber Dragon?

I'm over thinking this, yes.

Hmm...that's an interesting question.

You can Summon the Core, because its name is Cyber Dragon Core while in your hand. While on the Field, its name is treated as Cyber Dragon, so you cannot activate its effects because it's considered a monster with the same name as the one you added to your hand (Cyber Dragon).

When cards put hard OPT restrictions, or mention a specifically named card, they cite the printed name specifically to avoid ruling loopholes. It's the same reason why you can't change a card's name with Hero Mask to bypass hard OPT clauses. (And why Warrior of Atlantis searches A Legendary Ocean despite ALO always being treated as "Umi").

So Core can be Summoned, but while it is on the Field/Graveyard, it cannot activate its effect(s) because its name is treated as Cyber Dragon, and Conscription disallows Cyber Dragon, and monsters with that name, from being Summoned/using effects.

Hmm...that's an interesting question.

You can Summon the Core, because its name is Cyber Dragon Core while in your hand. While on the Field, its name is treated as Cyber Dragon, so you cannot activate its effects because it's considered a monster with the same name as the one you added to your hand (Cyber Dragon).

When cards put hard OPT restrictions, or mention a specifically named card, they cite the printed name specifically to avoid ruling loopholes. It's the same reason why you can't change a card's name with Hero Mask to bypass hard OPT clauses. (And why Warrior of Atlantis searches A Legendary Ocean despite ALO always being treated as "Umi").

So Core can be Summoned, but while it is on the Field/Graveyard, it cannot activate its effect(s) because its name is treated as Cyber Dragon, and Conscription disallows Cyber Dragon, and monsters with that name, from being Summoned/using effects.

I actually thought about the Hero Mask part, but that only deals with a single name, whare as Core is basically two at once.

And with regards to said 'Stating the original printed name' part, doesn't that work around Conscription itself, because using the same logic that you stated about that, you would still only be using Core's effect, really.

'Course, it's fine that Conscript would still block it, since we all know that Cyber Dragons should forever suck I just felt the need to bring the two cards up.

I actually thought about the Hero Mask part, but that only deals with a single name, whare as Core is basically two at once.

And with regards to said 'Stating the original printed name' part, doesn't that work around Conscription itself, because using the same logic that you stated about that, you would still only be using Core's effect, really.

'Course, it's fine that Conscript would still block it, since we all know that Cyber Dragons should forever suck I just felt the need to bring the two cards up.

I considered that. However, you're choosing what listed Fusion Material you're grabbing when Conscription resolves. Since Core is treated as Cyber Dragon in the Graveyard, for Conscription's effect, you're adding a "Cyber Dragon" to the hand. Once in the hand, Core is no longer treated as Cyber Dragon, but rather as Cyber Dragon Core. That's why you're able to Summon it.

Once on the Field again, its name is treated as Cyber Dragon, and its effects becomes restricted by Conscription, because monsters named Cyber Dragon cannot use their effects. It may be the effect of Cyber Dragon Core, but it's a monster named Cyber Dragon attempting to use it.

So lets say I play Fusion Conscription and reveal anything that lists Cyber Dragon-

I recover Cyber Dragon Core in my Graveyard because it's "Cyber Dragon" in the Graveyard.

I assume that if I Normal said Core, I can't activate it's effect, right? Since it's now Cyber Dragon on the field/Conscription would block it's effects from activating/etc.

But if that's the case, then how does that apply to Core's effect by itself, in the sense that you can only use 1 Core effect per turn, despite the fact it's other bit of texts states that it becomes the original Cyber Dragon?

I'm over thinking this, yes.

I asked this question over on DNF, turns out there's a Ruling on it:

http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/index.php?/topic/148834-fusion-conscription-vs-cyber-dragon-core/

~ Q: If a Cyber End Dragon is revealed to the opponent while resolving the effect of Fusion Conscription, can a Cyber Dragon Core treated as Cyber Dragon in your Graveyard be added from the Graevyard to the hand?
~ A: In that case, a Cyber Dragon Core treated as Cyber Dragon can be added from the Graveyard to the hand.
In that case, since you are unable to Normal or Special Summon Cyber Dragon Core during that turn, you cannot Normal Summon Cyber Dragon core from the hand or Special Summon it from the hand or Deck, but since its name is treated as Cyber Dragon in the Graveyard, it can be Special Summoned from the Graveyard by the effect of Monster Reborn, and its effect that adds a Cyber Dragon from the Deck to the hand can also be activated.

Archived