Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

will normal summoned Qli monsters be affected with monster effect that level is lower

but become equip card to them like rainbow kuriboh? because they technically become

a spell while equipped

While a monster is equipped, it doesn't have Levels or Types or anything like that, other than cards that use things like that for other effects (though that doesn't mean Qli's will be unaffected by them because of that), so they will still affecte them.

If your opponent activates snatch steal, can I chain bujingi turtle to negate it, and if so what happens?

yes you can, snatch steal activation will be negated and will be sent to graveyard since by game mechanic since the activation is negated

ignore this i read turtle's effect wrong, it seem it doesnt negate activation, so i also have no idea what will happen

Why don't the Pendulum Magicians work with Wonder Wand? Is it because I can't pay Wand's cost properly?

face-up pendulum monter cannot be sent to the graveyard since they will return to extra deck instead, wonder wand's cost require the equipped monster to be sent to the graveyard, cost must be paid properly

If your opponent activates snatch steal, can I chain bujingi turtle to negate it, and if so what happens?

Yes, since a card/effect is targeting your monster. Since Turtle only negates the effect, and not the activation (nor does it "destroy"), Snatch Steal will remain face-up, but the effect targeting your monster is negated, so you keep control of it. During every Standby, Snatch Steal's other effect should still activate and apply, and you should gain 1000 LP still, as this is a different effect than the one targeting that got negated.

I'm not 100% on this, but this is what I conclude based on Turtle's wording, which only negates the effect that targeted.

Why don't the Pendulum Magicians work with Wonder Wand? Is it because I can't pay Wand's cost properly?

That is correct. Wonder Wand insists that you send it and the monster to the Graveyard as the cost. Because Pendulums never go to the Graveyard from the Field, you cannot fulfill the cost, and so cannot activate that effect, similar to if Macro Cosmos/D-Fissure was up.

If it sent to the Graveyard as the EFFECT and not the cost, you would be able to do that.

If a U.A. is banished by Degenerate Circuit, do you still get the effect of Special Summoning?

No. Returning the UA to the hand is part of the Summoning procedure, similar to Grapha/etc. Since it cannot be performed due to Degenerate Circuit banishing instead, you cannot SS U.A. monsters by returning other U.A. to the hand.

Question about Last Counter: 300px-LastCounter-PRIO-EN-C-1E.png

When an attack is declared involving a "Battlin' Boxer" monster you control and an opponent's monster: Negate the attack, and if you do, send that monster you control to the Graveyard, then 1 "Battlin' Boxer" monster you control (in Attack Position, if you declared the attack) gains ATK equal to the original ATK of that opponent's monster, also proceed to damage calculation using those monsters. Then, you take damage equal to the amount of ATK gained from this effect.

If you knock the opponents lifepoints to 0 as a result of the battle, does the game immediately end?, or does the card finish resolving first and you take the cards effect damage?

Question about Last Counter: 300px-LastCounter-PRIO-EN-C-1E.png

When an attack is declared involving a "Battlin' Boxer" monster you control and an opponent's monster: Negate the attack, and if you do, send that monster you control to the Graveyard, then 1 "Battlin' Boxer" monster you control (in Attack Position, if you declared the attack) gains ATK equal to the original ATK of that opponent's monster, also proceed to damage calculation using those monsters. Then, you take damage equal to the amount of ATK gained from this effect.

If you knock the opponents lifepoints to 0 as a result of the battle, does the game immediately end?, or does the card finish resolving first and you take the cards effect damage?

The duel ends immediately, however this is actually a pretty new thing, since before he whole Chain Link had to end to dertemine a win/loss condition.

https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=7038

Does Sibylla Petalelf negate attacks?

Are you asking if changing will negate an attack? Well, no if it is attacked it won't, since it has already gone into the Damage Step, can't negate attacks there, plus it would already be destroyed by the time it activates, so it won't negate anything.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Breakdown_of_the_Battle_Phase

Are you asking if changing will negate an attack? Well, no if it is attacked it won't, since it has already gone into the Damage Step, can't negate attacks there, plus it would already be destroyed by the time it activates, so it won't negate anything.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Breakdown_of_the_Battle_Phase

Ahahahahahahaha..... She is completely useless!

Heres a dumb question:

Monsters equipped to others, like, for example, Relinquished/Zektors/etc....

Would they count for Hatricker's "If there are 2 or more monsters on the field, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand)." effect, or not?

Questions on G.B. Hunter

1. How "Satellarknight Skybrige" works under her effect? Does it Summons the monster without spinning the targeted monster? Or it cannot be activated in the first place because the spinning effect cannot resolve?

2. Considering the following ruling on the wikia:

While “G.B. Hunter” is in play, you cannot activate effects that would return monsters to the Extra Deck, such as “De-Fusion,” “De-Synchro,” or “Compulsory Evacuation Device” targeting a Fusion or Synchro Monster.

Since it appears that she also prevents monsters from being returned to the Extra Deck, does she prevent Pendulum Monsters from going into the Extra Deck (both by effects and card mechanics)?

Heres a dumb question:

Monsters equipped to others, like, for example, Relinquished/Zektors/etc....

Would they count for Hatricker's "If there are 2 or more monsters on the field, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand)." effect, or not?

No. Monsters equipped by card effects are treated as Spells, not monsters.

Questions on G.B. Hunter

1. How "Satellarknight Skybrige" works under her effect? Does it Summons the monster without spinning the targeted monster? Or it cannot be activated in the first place because the spinning effect cannot resolve?

2. Considering the following ruling on the wikia:

Since it appears that she also prevents monsters from being returned to the Extra Deck, does she prevent Pendulum Monsters from going into the Extra Deck (both by effects and card mechanics)?

1- If Hunter is faceup, you cannot attempt to activate Skybridge's effect because Hunter is preventing the full effect from resolving. If an effect is chained to put Hunter on the Field, you will SS the monster, but not spin.

2- Hunter's wording says you cannot "return" cards to the Deck, and the ruling applies to cards that start in the Extra Deck, such as Synchro, Xyz, and Fusions. Pendulums are not originally in the Extra Deck, but are sent there by game mechanics. They should still go to the Extra Deck when removed from the Field.

XYZ Encore vs Cydra Infinity with Nova attached....what happens to Nova

Encore does not distinguish whether the monsters originally had Levels when Special Summoning them, so Nova will still be Special Summoned in addition to the other Materials Infinity had at the time, but because it doesn't have a Level, it will not be affected by that part of the effect.

about apoqliphort tower's ruling:

tower's ruling specify that it doesnt send monster by effect, so it make the player

send monster their control or in hand as cost for no effect? what if a player only have face-up pendulum monster and no hand, would

he still send the monster to grave/extra? 

about apoqliphort tower's ruling:

tower's ruling specify that it doesnt send monster by effect, so it make the player

send monster their control or in hand as cost for no effect? what if a player only have face-up pendulum monster and no hand, would

he still send the monster to grave/extra? 

It's not a cost, yet not treated as an effect either. It's a weird thing that really shouldn't exist, but just know that you can still send Pendulums, they'll just go to the Extra Deck instead (those on the field that as, those in the hand go to the Graveyard).

It's not a cost, yet not treated as an effect either. It's a weird thing that really shouldn't exist, but just know that you can still send Pendulums, they'll just go to the Extra Deck instead (those on the field that as, those in the hand go to the Graveyard).

ok thanks, so its send at resolution but just not treated as effect, weird.....i guess its also can be applied to a monster that cant be send to grave because would be banished as well (during the duel i have 2 pendulum monster, 1 affected by re-qliate and confused which one tower can affect)

Yes, since a card/effect is targeting your monster. Since Turtle only negates the effect, and not the activation (nor does it "destroy"), Snatch Steal will remain face-up, but the effect targeting your monster is negated, so you keep control of it. During every Standby, Snatch Steal's other effect should still activate and apply, and you should gain 1000 LP still, as this is a different effect than the one targeting that got negated.

I'm not 100% on this, but this is what I conclude based on Turtle's wording, which only negates the effect that targeted.

If I'm remembering equip spell mechanics properly, an equip spell MUST be equipped to a monster tourist on the field right? Because if so, Snatch Steal should be sent to the graveyard by mechanics since it wasn't able to equip to anything.

If I'm remembering equip spell mechanics properly, an equip spell MUST be equipped to a monster tourist on the field right? Because if so, Snatch Steal should be sent to the graveyard by mechanics since it wasn't able to equip to anything.

To be honest, I simply don't remember the details of what happens when you negate an Equip Card's effect before it was equipped. Rulings only seem to mention when the card is already equipped, so you're probably right on that.

I asked some people in the DN admin chat, and they say the card will go to the Graveyard, similarly to Light and Darkness Dragon.

If the activation isn't negated, then the Equip Card or other Continuous Effect stays on the field.  That should not have changed and have not found anything to show that it has.

Equipping an Equip Spell Card to a monster is not an effect of that Equip Spell Card.  The card should stay equipped whether or not Bujinji Turtle negated the effect when the card was activated.

To add, I would imagine that only effects that are applied at activation, as well as any Continuous Effects of the Equip/Field/Continuous Spell/Trap card will be negated.  Other effects of the card that can activate that aren't Continuous, such as the increasing Life Points of Snatch Steal, would still apply.

Edit: Take with a grain of salt as I'm still aren't aware of all the changes the US has done in the past.  I only recently read about the changes with Win Conditions occurring during Card Resolutions.

Archived