Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if i target my gravekeeper's vassal with union attack, when it attacks can it inflict damage?

union attack say the targeted monster inflict no battle damage, but gravekeeper's vassal battle damage is treated as

effect damage, so i wonder will it work

if i target my gravekeeper's vassal with union attack, when it attacks can it inflict damage?

union attack say the targeted monster inflict no battle damage, but gravekeeper's vassal battle damage is treated as

effect damage, so i wonder will it work

It should. Vassal does not inflict Battle Damage at all. Rulings say that Kuriboh/etc can't prevent the damage, so it's not Battle Damage being treated as Effect Damage, but rather it deals Effect Damage instead of Battle Damage.

If Black Garden is on he field... and a monster is summoned with ? atk... does it lose 0 atk due to it not having atk to start with... or does it lose halve of what it gets. I'm basically asking what chains first...

Typically, a monster with ? ATK have Continuous Effects that determine their stats, such as Tragoedia, Maju Garzett, and Fortune Ladies. The moment those cards touch the Field, their effect apply and set their ATK, without starting a chain. As such, Black Garden will halve their current ATK.

So a Tragoedia with 3 cards in hand will touch the Field with 1800 ATK, then Garden will halve it to 900.

Typically, a monster with ? ATK have Continuous Effects that determine their stats, such as Tragoedia, Maju Garzett, and Fortune Ladies. The moment those cards touch the Field, their effect apply and set their ATK, without starting a chain. As such, Black Garden will halve their current ATK.

So a Tragoedia with 3 cards in hand will touch the Field with 1800 ATK, then Garden will halve it to 900.

Side note, since Garden freezes the ATK, Tragoedia won't change its ATK if you have less or more cards in your hand.

If I control a "Quantum Cat" that is treated as Psychic-Type, and I banish it with "Time Escaper", will it return to the field as a monster in my next Standby Phase? And if so, would it retain the same Type and Attribute?

"If you use “Dimensionhole” or “Interdimensional Matter Transporter” against “Embodiment of Apophis”, it returns to the field as a Trap Card and is destroyed immediately."

How's this scenario. I feel like I was right, but it also feels a little dumb when I explain it to my opponent.

My opponent attacks with whatever HERO he has. I try to negate it and set him with Ghostrick Jackfrost. He then counters with Mask Change to swap out the HERO after I activate Jackfrost.

Does jackfrost stay in the hand while the HERO tags for the fusion? Or does Jackfrost set itself and the fusion can still happen? It might sound weird due to the fact that I amd terrible at explaining things. Lol. Just tell me what would happen in this situation. 

How's this scenario. I feel like I was right, but it also feels a little dumb when I explain it to my opponent.

My opponent attacks with whatever HERO he has. I try to negate it and set him with Ghostrick Jackfrost. He then counters with Mask Change to swap out the HERO after I activate Jackfrost.

Does jackfrost stay in the hand while the HERO tags for the fusion? Or does Jackfrost set itself and the fusion can still happen? It might sound weird due to the fact that I amd terrible at explaining things. Lol. Just tell me what would happen in this situation. 

Okay, so the HERO attacks. You activate Jackfrost's effect from the hand as Chain Link 1.

Opponent chains Mask Change.

Resolving backwards,

Chain Link 2: Mask Change swaps out the HERO for a Masked HERO.

Chain Link 1: Jackfrost cannot Set the attacking monster, because that monster is gone. Because the monster was not Set, Jackfrost is not SSed. It remains in the hand.

Keep in mind that Jackfrost says to Set the monster "and if you do", SS itself. Since you didn't perform the first action (because you couldn't), you can't perform the second action.

Okay, so the HERO attacks. You activate Jackfrost's effect from the hand as Chain Link 1.

Opponent chains Mask Change.

Resolving backwards,

Chain Link 2: Mask Change swaps out the HERO for a Masked HERO.

Chain Link 1: Jackfrost cannot Set the attacking monster, because that monster is gone. Because the monster was not Set, Jackfrost is not SSed. It remains in the hand.

Keep in mind that Jackfrost says to Set the monster "and if you do", SS itself. Since you didn't perform the first action (because you couldn't), you can't perform the second action.

Oooohh I see. I was right. I just went about it the wrong way. Lol and my terrible explaination probably didn't help. Thanks. 

MST is used on a citadel of Endymion that has no counters.

Will Endymion gain a counter before MST resolves and be able to save itself from destruction?

No. The counters are added after the Spell has fully resolved (and no counters get added if the Spell's activation is negated, but will gain a counter if only the effect is negated). Citadel will be destroyed if targeted by MST while having no counters.

No. The counters are added after the Spell has fully resolved (and no counters get added if the Spell's activation is negated, but will gain a counter if only the effect is negated). Citadel will be destroyed if targeted by MST while having no counters.

what if the player with Citadel, then chains another spell card; will citadel then gain a counter before mst resolves?

When does the opponent reveal their hand for Mind Crush? First and third of the following?:

Opponent discards nothing.

Opponent discards card(s) that are publicly known to be the only copies in the deck.

Opponent discards card(s), number remaining not publicly known.

If they claim not to have any copies, they must show their hand.

If the maximum copies of the chosen card is in a public location (faceup on the Field, Grave, banish zone), they do not need to reveal their hand after discarding. Otherwise, you can request to confirm their hand.

An important ruling question regarding the Igknights.

Would their search effect still continue if one or both of the scales are not being destroyed by their effect? Like, assuming things like Master Key Beetle or something similar.

Took me a while, but I finally found something. The card isn't written in PSCT, so it might be a bit iffy, but at the same time, neither are the Igknights.

"You must destroy at least 1 monster you control with “Assault Revival” in order to Special Summon an “/Assault Mode” monster, as the effects are linked. You also must destroy all monsters you control, so if 1 of your monsters was not destroyed, you cannot Summon an “/Assault Mode” monster"

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Assault_Revival

If an effect says "When the equipped monster attacks", or similar, at what time does that effect activate? Or does the effect have to specificity state when it activates?

Well, attacking is an action that is considered to happen as soon as you declare the attack, so it would be when you declare the attack it would activate, but rather you would want to use "When the equipped monster declares an attack" instead.

If my opponent chains El-Shaddoll Fusion to their Call of the Haunted while they only control one monster, Fusion would resolve first and if they fusion summoned a monster, that summon would be illegal, right?

Also, if Infinity's snatch eff resolves without a target,  it can't be used again on the same turn, right?

If my opponent chains El-Shaddoll Fusion to their Call of the Haunted while they only control one monster, Fusion would resolve first and if they fusion summoned a monster, that summon would be illegal, right?

Also, if Infinity's snatch eff resolves without a target,  it can't be used again on the same turn, right?

Both are correct.

Uh, if they have a monster in their hand, it's not illegal to activate El-Shaddoll Fusion to fuse it with the monster they control.

Otherwise, he can't activate it at that time.

Archived