Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the wording of Eccentric Archfiend's Pendulum Effect, if it's protected by Number 66: Master Key Beetle, is it correct to assume that it can still destroy the targeted Spell or Trap?

It is similar to cards saying "both those targets", where it would require both of them, otherwise nothing happens, so it would not work.

Here's a similar case:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Cyber_Valley

Based on the wording of Eccentric Archfiend's Pendulum Effect, if it's protected by Number 66: Master Key Beetle, is it correct to assume that it can still destroy the targeted Spell or Trap?

I'm inclined to say "no, it won't", because it says "both". Both have to be able to be destroyed. Compared to Scrap Dragon, which targets two cards and then says "destroy them".

Ok i was wondering if the lady in wight's ability that makes faceup lvl 3 or lower zombies unable to be destroyed in battle would apply if they are atked while facedown first. Example: i have lady in wight in faceup def on my field, i then set a skull servant facedown in def, during my opponents turn they atk my facedown skull servant. Now since its facedown first would it still get destroyed?

This is so elementary. Lol I feel like even a noob like me should know this... 

Ok i was wondering if the lady in wight's ability that makes faceup lvl 3 or lower zombies unable to be destroyed in battle would apply if they are atked while facedown first. Example: i have lady in wight in faceup def on my field, i then set a skull servant facedown in def, during my opponents turn they atk my facedown skull servant. Now since its facedown first would it still get destroyed?

This is so elementary. Lol I feel like even a noob like me should know this... 

Yes, it does protect them, because monsters flip up during Damage Calculation, so when you compare ATK/DEF to see which monster wins the battle, the Skull Servant is now face-up, and Lady's effect applies to it because it's a Level 3 or lower monster.

Yes, it does protect them, because monsters flip up during Damage Calculation, so when you compare ATK/DEF to see which monster wins the battle, the Skull Servant is now face-up, and Lady's effect applies to it because it's a Level 3 or lower monster.

Just a little correction, they flip face-up BEFORE Damage Calculation, not during it.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Breakdown_of_the_Battle_Phase

If an attack is declared by player A targeting player B's Gladiator Beast Bestiari, and player B activates Mirror Force (destroying player A's monster), can player B tag out Bestiari at the end of the Battle Phase?

No. Because the monster attacking was removed from the Field (or the attack negated) without damage calculation, the monsters are not considered to have battled.

If bls envoy or nova master attack armades and would destroy it by battle. Can it use effect? Or is armades effect still applied until end of dmg step

Neither can, because Armades applies until the End of the Damage Step. BLS explicitly activates during the Damage Step, and Nova Master operates the same way.

Damage Step includes when monsters are sent to the Graveyard. AFTER that point is when Armades wears off.

Neither can, because Armades applies until the End of the Damage Step. BLS explicitly activates during the Damage Step, and Nova Master operates the same way.

Damage Step includes when monsters are sent to the Graveyard. AFTER that point is when Armades wears off.

ok thx. i was playing in ygopro and nova master still gain effect when it kill armades

but not sure its a ruling bug or not since i cant find anything on wikia and i thought armades eff is continuous

This is false, Continous Effect stop applying after a monster is destroyed by battle (after damage calculation that is).

You mean like:
Bringerofcake, on 05 Apr 2015 - 11:16 PM, said:

If an attack is declared by player A targeting player B's Gladiator Beast Bestiari, and player B activates Mirror Force (destroying player A's monster), can player B tag out Bestiari at the end of the Battle Phase?

In that case:

No. Because the monster attacking was removed from the Field (or the attack negated) without damage calculation, the monsters are not considered to have battled.

I remember once hearing about how archlord kristya still gets her effect even if macro cosmos.

What's the sense behind it? Is there a difference between "sent to the grave" and "would be sent"?

That is correct, although I'm not positive exactly on why it works that way.

Macro and such seems to operate on the basis that if a card is in-transit to the Graveyard, it banishes it instead. Kristya in that sense is never really headed to the Graveyard, it's going to the top of the Deck, so Macro won't banish it.

But then I look at how Pendulums work. Pendulums on the Field do something similar in their "Graveyard" is the Extra Deck, but Macro WILL banish those, I guess because they're in transit to their "Graveyard", so Macro intervenes and banishes them.

EDIT: Ah, Kristya does have the subtle wording difference. Kristya is never headed to the Graveyard, its effect instead redirects it to the top of the Deck. Macro only affects cards that are actually supposed to be going to the Graveyard/Pendulum Extra Deck.

I'm going to ask this for future reference;

Bad Reaction to Simochi vs. D/D/D Oracle Overlord D'Arc

Which effect takes prominence?

Same thing as Bad Reaction vs PMD, I'd assume (all damage/lifegain effects go through as they would if neither was on the field, because the same card cannot enter its effect into the same chain twice)

Based on the current wording, should Entermage Trick Clown's revival effect trigger Flame Eater, since it does deal damage to the player, if not immediately?

Flame Eater's last effect is mandatory, it will always trigger when Special Summoned, regardless of the wording of Clown. Only case would be in case the effect could not be activated all together.

Archived