Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to clarify here, if Needle Worm is flipped while your opponent has 1-4 cards left in their Deck, will Needle Worm still activate and send whatever is left to the grave? The last ruling given by UDE said it does, but I'mm not 100% certain right now.

Yes, it does. They don't have to be able to send exactly 5 for the effect to resolve. If they have less than that, they send everything.

If a Pendulum Monster is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck by a card effect, and is then flipped face-down and returned face-up, will Nekroz of Unicore negate its effects? 

What about a Fusion Monster?

If a monster is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck then later flipped face-down, it is no longer treated as being Special Summoned from the Extra Deck. However, if it was temporarily removed, it is still considered.

would the divine-beasts that are normal summoned affected by card that specify tribute summoned monster like march of the monarch?

the card say "Requires 3 Tributes for Normal Summon" so i'm not sure if they are considered tribute summoned at all

Yes, the God cards are considered to have been Tribute Summoned. The text "requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon" means that you can't use effects to Normal Summon it with less than 3 Tributes (such as Mausoleum of the Emperor). A Normal Summon that required Tributes is considered a Tribute Summon.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like I asked this before, but cannot find the post. Lol.

Catastor v. Shaddoll Construct thingy. 

They are both mandatory, and they must form a Chain according to SEGOC. The turn player's effect must be Chain Link 1, and the opponent's must be Chain Link 2. Both monsters will be destroyed regardless though.

No. They go to the Extra Deck instead of going to the Grave. They never touch the Graveyard. (However, if Macro or similar is active, the Pendulum will be banished)

I thought you told me it hits the grave first. Lol Idk :P

Why would it be banished with Macro if it doesn't touch the Grave? Lol

I thought you told me it hits the grave first. Lol Idk :P

Why would it be banished with Macro if it doesn't touch the Grave? Lol

I don't recall saying that, but if I did, it may have been before the Pendulum mechanics were really understood.

The mechanic works like this: Pendulums go to the Extra Deck if they would be sent to the Graveyard. However, Macro banishes instead of going to the Graveyard. Because the Pendulum under Macro is not being sent to the Graveyard (because Macro is banishing things instead), the Pendulum doesn't go to the Extra Deck.

If i have gigaplant equipped with supervise, use the effect, then bounce supervise with zephyros and reequip, can I use the effect again?

No, a monster has to leave the field or get flipped face-down for its "once per turn" effects to reset.

Can someone double-check this? As far as I know, you can actually use the effect again as long as Gigaplant wasn't "Gemini Summoned", since once Supervise is removed, Gigaplant becomes a Normal Monster, and when it is re-equipped it gains its effect again, effectively resetting the OPT restriction.

Can someone double-check this? As far as I know, you can actually use the effect again as long as Gigaplant wasn't "Gemini Summoned", since once Supervise is removed, Gigaplant becomes a Normal Monster, and when it is re-equipped it gains its effect again, effectively resetting the OPT restriction.

I don't believe this would be the case. Gemini monsters aren't forgetting their card text when they become treated as something else. When a Gemini reapplies its Effect Monster status, the game state still remembers that this monster has activated its "once per turn" effect already, as it did not get removed from the Field or flipped facedown (which causes the game state to treat it as a different instance of that card entirely).

Archived