Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the pay 500 of Moon Mirror Shield required or is ygopro just stupid?

Also what happens vs Honest, I feel like I've seen someone here mention priority, but I'm honestly terrible at that sorta thing

Moon Mirror's effect is mandatory, you will ALWAYS have to pay 500 LP unless you can't. But at least if you don't want to draw it next turn, you can put it on the bottom of the Deck.

With Honest, Moon Mirror will activate as Link 1, because it's mandatory. Honest can chain as Link 2, but the end result is that Honest will boost by the equipped monster's current, unbuffed ATK. And then Moon Mirror will set the equipped monster's ATK to the opposing monster's + 100, making the equipped monster always the winner of that battle.

if ghostrick dulhan is sent to the grave the same turn it's ssed and lose 1 turn is already face-up, can dulhan's eff in the grave be used?

Yes. Lose 1 Turn only affects the monster while it's on the Field. Effects that activate off the Field are not affected.

The way Performapal Recasting is worded, can't I just activate it and draw one card even if I don't shuffle any Pals back in? Or is it one of those weird rulings that says otherwise.

You must always shuffle a minimum of 1 whenever you have an effect like that. Whenever a card says "up to" or "any number", it always requires a minimum of 1. You can never pick 0.

Mystic Piper. I've always used the effect and revealed what I drew before drawing again. Now I'm actually looking at the effect again. It says you draw 1 card and reveal 1 card. It doesn't specifically say reveal the one you just drew. I've always had a level 1 monster in my hand when I would use his effect. Could I reveal a level 1 from anywhere in my hand?

Mystic Piper. I've always used the effect and revealed what I drew before drawing again. Now I'm actually looking at the effect again. It says you draw 1 card and reveal 1 card. It doesn't specifically say reveal the one you just drew. I've always had a level 1 monster in my hand when I would use his effect. Could I reveal a level 1 from anywhere in my hand?

It says to "draw and reveal 1 card", which means that you reveal the card you drew. (This is supported by rulings on the wiki).

If Kaiser Colusseum is on the field and both players control 1 monster, is the opponent allowed to play a card such as Shaddoll Fusion if they use the current monster on the field as Fusion Material?

Yes, they may use effects that will Summon monsters so long as they will not, at any point, place monsters on the Field greater than the opponent's. This is possible if they use the monster on the Field as Fusion Material/Tribute for Rituals/Summon, etc.

Alright, just making sure.

Another question; If Fiend Griefing targets a card, but is then removed from the Graveyard later in the Chain Link, do you still get to mill a Fiend-Type monster?

No, you won't. If you can't do the first part, you won't be able to do the second part.

The PSCT says "then". The events do not occur simultaneously, but instead in sequence, and A must be done to be able to do B.

If Utopia the Lightning is equipped with Moon Mirror Shield, which eff activates first if your opponent were to use Lightnings eff?

Moon Mirror will activate first, because it's a mandatory Trigger Effect. The opponent can chain Utopia's detach effect as Link 2, and because chains resolve backwards, Lightning will make its ATK become 5000, and then Moon Mirror will resolve and alter its ATK to be +100 (for better or worse).

Can I activate "Give and Take" if the only monster I control is an Xyz monster, and can I summon an Xyz monster with it?

My understanding is you cannot activate Give and Take if you only control Xyz monsters, because Xyz monsters cannot have their (absent) Level increased. And because Give And Take boosts a monster's Level based on the monster Summoned, you cannot target an Xyz for the revival, either, because it doesn't have a Level to refer to.

ohaiguise

I set 2 of my opponent's monsters with Swords of Concealing Light. He normals a third monster. Can I hit it with Ghostrick Scare to set it? Or does Swords stop me from changing it's position? Usually these things say "except by card effect" or something. Swords does not. This leaves me to believe that I can't use Ghostrick Scare. You guys tell me. I'm an idiot at this stuff. lel

ohaiguise

I set 2 of my opponent's monsters with Swords of Concealing Light. He normals a third monster. Can I hit it with Ghostrick Scare to set it? Or does Swords stop me from changing it's position? Usually these things say "except by card effect" or something. Swords does not. This leaves me to believe that I can't use Ghostrick Scare. You guys tell me. I'm an idiot at this stuff. lel

Concealing only prevents players from MANUALLY changing a monster's Battle Position. Card effects are still fair game, so you can use Scare.

Does Supply Squad trigger off of Odd-Eyes' self-popping effect to search? Also, if so, would it work with Lizardraw's pop to draw effect? I'm leaning towards no, but I'm not sure how it ends up at resolution.

No. Pendulum Monsters set as a Scale are treated as Spell Cards, so they were considered destroyed while Spell Cards, not as a monster card. Same applies to monsters in the S/T zone (Crystal Beasts, Equips to Reliquished/Dragunity/etc)

Question regarding turn time. How long is it before something is considered stalling by Konami's standpoint?

First, stalling is a deliberate act that will see you disqualified from events for Unsporting Conduct - Cheating. You are not allowed to deliberately run down the clock nor delay the event. Though I think you are asking about slow play, which is unintentional.

There is no time limit. You are expected to play at a reasonable pace, particularily at a tournament. If you are  The higher the event, the higher the standard of play that will be expected of players. Players attend a tournament to prove that they are better than the person sitting opposite them, and by extension, everyone else in the room, and thus are expected to have prepared for the event, and know how their deck works and what its optimal plays are. If you are playing at a reasonable pace, then there is no issue with how long you turn takes. Ultimately, what constitutes "reasonable" will be determined by a judge.

Archived