Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

what exactly should happen if i have Queen of Thorns in play, my opponent Pendulum Summons Conquest Overlord Kaiser, and i chain lose 1 turn?

Well, Queen of Thorns doesn't exactly seem to be relevant here since it's a Continous Effect to pay LP, but one thing I should mention is that you can't use Lose 1 Turn while it's on the field, since it's Special Summoned. Anyway, since Conquest is a Trigger Effect and Lose 1 Turn is a Continuous Trap Card, which are by default Spell Speed 2, Trigger Effects will go first on the Chain, so Lose 1 Turn will negate Conquest.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Simultaneous_Effects_Go_On_Chain

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Queen of Thorns doesn't exactly seem to be relevant here since it's a Continous Effect to pay LP, but one thing I should mention is that you can't use Lose 1 Turn while it's on the field, since it's Special Summoned. Anyway, since Conquest is a Trigger Effect and Lose 1 Turn is a Continuous Trap Card, which are by default Spell Speed 2, Trigger Effects will go first on the Chain, so Lose 1 Turn will negate Conquest.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Simultaneous_Effects_Go_On_Chain

i actually edited my post to say i knew that Lose 1 shouldn't have been activated with Queen on the field. thanks for the other info though.

Can you Special Summon Infernoid Dekatron with Flamvell Firedog's effect and then use Dekatron's effect?

My inclination is not, since it activates in the Damage Step.

Yes, for the same reason you can resolve Tellarknights if they're summoned when Triverr/Delts is destroyed in battle. It'll start a new chain outside the damage step.

Yes, for the same reason you can resolve Tellarknights if they're summoned when Triverr/Delts is destroyed in battle. It'll start a new chain outside the damage step.

Bold is false, it will activate in the Damage Step. When it's Summoned, it will still be the Damage Step, and it will still be the Damage Step until both players agree to go out of it, just like any other step or phase. The other part is right, as it doesn't say anything about not being able to activate in the Damage Step, so it's allowed in there.

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/gameplay/fasteffects_timing.html

No they won't. They activate in the same point they are triggered, during the damage step, at the end of the damage step.

can you activate trigger effect that trigger on activation of card with X action if another card or effect is already chained to that activation?

like when you activate any burn effect, opponent, chain a card, can you still use Performage Stilts Shooter in response to the burn effect?

Trigger effects cannot be activated whilst a chain is being built, unless you are building a chain of multiple trigger effects that would have activated simultaneously. The trigger effect will activate in a new chain after the current one resolves, in the yellow box of the fast effect timing chart.

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/gameplay/fasteffects_timing.html

Performage Stilts Shooter's effect is not a trigger effect. It is a quick effect. It can be activated "when a card or effect that would inflict damage to your opponent is activated...*" Note the use of the word "when". As an activation is an action that has a spell speed, it is only "when" that action occurs for the very next chain link, so if the effect that would inflict damage is CL1, Shooter must be CL2; it cannot be CL3. If something else occupies CL2, Shooter's effect cannot be activated.

This is different from responding to actions that do not have a spell speed, such as a summon. It is "when" those actions occur until the chain resolves and the game progresses (hence why BTH can be CL3).

*translated text

No.

Yes. Being unaffected does not factor into activation legality.

What is the interaction between Mirror of the Ice Barrier and Masked HERO Dark Law? What I mean is, can you use Mirror of the Ice Barrier while Dark Law is on the field if your card(s) are banished because of its effect?

Scenario I'm referring to, let's say I discard two cards to activate "Darkness Approaches", I've had cards from my hand banished because Dark Law says everything that goes to the Graveyard is banished. What happens there?

I'm not referring specifically to Dark Law's search effect, rather its continuous effect.  Thanks!

I feel like this is a really basic question but does a normal summoned Qliphort monster that has its effect temporarily negated remember the fact that it was normal summoned and is so unaffected by monsters lower than its actual level once its effect is no longer negated?

What is the interaction between Mirror of the Ice Barrier and Masked HERO Dark Law? What I mean is, can you use Mirror of the Ice Barrier while Dark Law is on the field if your card(s) are banished because of its effect?

Scenario I'm referring to, let's say I discard two cards to activate "Darkness Approaches", I've had cards from my hand banished because Dark Law says everything that goes to the Graveyard is banished. What happens there?

I'm not referring specifically to Dark Law's search effect, rather its continuous effect.  Thanks!

Continuous effects such as Macro Cosmos' and Dark Law's do not directly banish cards; rather, they cause game mechanics to do so. Only an activated effect that causes cards to be banished will allow the effect of Mirror of the Ice Barrier to be applied.

I feel like this is a really basic question but does a normal summoned Qliphort monster that has its effect temporarily negated remember the fact that it was normal summoned and is so unaffected by monsters lower than its actual level once its effect is no longer negated?

Negating a monster's effects does not have any interaction with how or by what means it was summoned. That effect will reapply after the negation ends (note that the card's stats will remain at the printed value).

Can I activate Inferno Reckless Summon if I Special Summon a monster with less than or equal to 1500 ATK, but whose ATK would be increased beyond 1500 by an effect such as Solidarity?

No. You first apply the continuous effect, and a monster with x+800 attack is considered to have been summoned.

How many times can a monster equipped with "Survival of the Fittest" attack another monster if it destroys a monster by battle? I would presume only once, as it says "make a SECOND attack..."

As in, if the equipped monster destroys a monster by battle, attacks again and destroys another monster, can it then attack again repeatedly as long as it destroys a monster and your opponent controls monsters to destroy?

How many times can a monster equipped with "Survival of the Fittest" attack another monster if it destroys a monster by battle? I would presume only once, as it says "make a SECOND attack..."

As in, if the equipped monster destroys a monster by battle, attacks again and destroys another monster, can it then attack again repeatedly as long as it destroys a monster and your opponent controls monsters to destroy?

No. It would be making a third attack, not a second attack.

can I get a kanji check to know if the supreme luster can be summoned by the old luster ritual card please. thanks.

No, it can't. Black Luster Ritual says it Ritual Summons "Black Luster Soldier" (specific name). Not "Black Luster Soldier" Ritual Monsters.

But Supreme Warrior Ritual says it can Ritual Summon any "Black Luster Soldier" Ritual monster, so you can Ritual Summon the old Black Luster Soldier with the Supreme Warrior Ritual, but not vice versa.

Archived