Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Odd-Eyes Meteorburst Dragon vs Timaeus the Knight of Destiny

if I attack with a monster, can my opponent activate Timaeus' effect if I control Meteorburst? Timaeus says that it's unaffected by everything, but OEMD appears to apply to the opponent, like Threatening Roar.

You appear to be correct. The opponent cannot activate Monster Effects. This is not affecting the monsters themselves, but rather restricting the opponent from activating their effects (even if mandatory). So no, Timaeus should not activate, even though it is immune to other card effects,

Curiosity Question:

If Cyber Dragon Infinity is sent to the Graveyard by an opponent's card effect, while Cyber Dragon Nova is attached to it as Xyz Material in your possession, does Nova's effect to get a Fusion Monster trigger?

Curiosity Question:

If Cyber Dragon Infinity is sent to the Graveyard by an opponent's card effect, while Cyber Dragon Nova is attached to it as Xyz Material in your possession, does Nova's effect to get a Fusion Monster trigger?

I assume no as it would not be send due to the effect, but rather a game mechanic, the xyz is send by an effect, the materials by a game mechanic as the xyz leaves the field.

Other question:  If I use the effect of PSYFrame Lord Zeta on a special summoned monster, would I be able to remove the same monster once it returns via Zeta ?

(current assumption no, as it is treated as a new card after being removed and thus losing the special summoned status (also as zeta returns rather then special summoning, however the card was still removed from the board)).

As far as I can tell, Diamond Crab King's ATK should become 3000, despite Towers, because modifying ATK to a set value after a Continuous Effect has applied will not reapply the stat change from the Continuous Effect. If Diamond Crab changed its original ATK to 3000, then Towers would still reduce it by 500, but changing the current ATK to something overrides all previously resolved modifications.

This is different from Continuous Effects that constantly recalculate, like Wicked Avatar. Towers is a Continuous Effect that applies to all monsters once. Altering the ATK after the monster has been affected by Towers should not make the -500 reapply.

As far as I can tell, Diamond Crab King's ATK should become 3000, despite Towers, because modifying ATK to a set value after a Continuous Effect has applied will not reapply the stat change from the Continuous Effect. If Diamond Crab changed its original ATK to 3000, then Towers would still reduce it by 500, but changing the current ATK to something overrides all previously resolved modifications.

This is different from Continuous Effects that constantly recalculate, like Wicked Avatar. Towers is a Continuous Effect that applies to all monsters once. Altering the ATK after the monster has been affected by Towers should not make the -500 reapply.

You may be right, ATK/DEF modification has always been my weakness, but for some reason I still feel like what I said was right.

If Apoqliphort Towers is on the field and I use Diamond Crab King's effect to change its ATK to 3000, it doesn't stay at 3000 and drops to 2500 right? I had this realization just now.

Diamond King Crab's effect will freeze its attack at the value it sets, so the effect of Towers will not reapply. The attack will remain at 3000.

Q: You only control a Number 52: Diamond Crab King.

If that Number 52: Diamond Crab King is equipped with United we Stand, and the effect that makes its DEF become 0 and its ATK become 3000 is activated, what does its ATK and DEF become?

Also, if you later control another monster, what does its ATK and DEF become?

A: In the proposed scenario, Number 52: Diamond Crab King gains 800 ATK and DEF, so its ATK becomes 800 and its DEF becomes 3800.

If at that time the effect that makes its DEF become 0 and its ATK become 3000 is activated, its DEF becomes 0 and its ATK becomes 3000.

Even if you later control another monster, the ATK remains at 3000 and the DEF become 0 while this effect of Number 52: Diamond Crab King is being applied. (The increases by the effect of United we Stand are not re-applied)

Source: http://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/faq_search.action?ope=5&fid=13127&keyword=&tag=-1

if opponent uses kozmo farmgirls eff and i chaon book of moon to set it

does kozmo farmgirl still get eff and banish itself to summon the forerunner from hand

The banish is not eff. It happens before you get the chance of chaining BoM. So you cant target it since its no more on the field.

The banish is not eff. It happens before you get the chance of chaining BoM. So you cant target it since its no more on the field.

o.O that can't be right.. i'm sorry.. but it's in the text box of an effect monster... it's an effect... "During either player's turn: You can banish this card; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or higher "Kozmo" monster from your hand." that is most currently an effect... if it wasn't, it wouldn't be on the card...

o.O that can't be right.. i'm sorry.. but it's in the text box of an effect monster... it's an effect... "During either player's turn: You can banish this card; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or higher "Kozmo" monster from your hand." that is most currently an effect... if it wasn't, it wouldn't be on the card...

The banish is a cost.

if opponent uses kozmo farmgirls eff and i chaon book of moon to set it

does kozmo farmgirl still get eff and banish itself to summon the forerunner from hand

Book of Moon can't target Farmgirl, because it's a cost to banish it, therefore it's not on the field at the time where Book of Moon could be activated. Costs are indicated by semi-colons, if you see something after that it's always an effect, anything before is a cost.

You can read more here:

https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=2947

Does shadow-imprisoning mirror negate kalut?

No, it activates neither on the field or in the graveyard.

It should also be important to say here that even if a card leaves its activation place, that is still where it activated, so cards like SIM cannot negate it, even though it now is in the Graveyard. The same applies for effects that activate a certain place, but it's moved by another card.

Fiendish wouldn't stop it anyway since it banishes as a cost and then is no longer affected, and Veiler won't work on it either since it'll just chain to banish itself and is no longer affected. You can't chain Veiler at all to its effect to banish because it's no longer on the field, having banished itself before you have the opportunity to Veiler.

Archived