Post and I'll ask you a question

The Nyx Avatar

7 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Well, even though Digimon has/had more balls than Pokemon, the anime's plot and characters weren't as compelling. Digimon Tamers though? That anime kicked fucking ass! More mature than anything Pokemon ever did, good characters, and plot to boot. Also, Digimon didn't have a solid card game overseas.

Are you able to change the header image on your profile?

True. Tamers? Ah the one with Guilmon/Renamon/Terriermon, i slightly remember it aired on local tv, also love the opening song

EDIT: My niece favorite pokemon is Gallantmon/Dukemon!

As you can see, can't change the header image (still has Viola background), i don't see any options or settings to change like how it was before.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Horu said:

Yes

Which genre do you like from shows and movies the most?

10 hours ago, Erika Mishima said:

True. Tamers? Ah the one with Guilmon/Renamon/Terriermon, i slightly remember it aired on local tv, also love the opening song

EDIT: My niece favorite pokemon is Gallantmon/Dukemon!

The anime acts as an advertising vehicle. Should it falter, so will the sales of merchandise. Not to say Digimon is bad. I mean, it's still around to this day. It just could've been more successful than it turned out to be. On the same level as Pokemon and Yugioh. But...first impressions, I guess. My favorite Digimons are Lilithmon and Deputymon.

10 hours ago, Erika Mishima said:

As you can see, can't change the header image (still has Viola background), i don't see any options or settings to change like how it was before.

I guess it's only staff that can change header images for users.

Have you ever been to an amusement park?

5 hours ago, cr47t said:

i have a vanity's/majesty's deck, some leftover cards from a BEWD deck and some other commons

Fair enough.

What would be your ideal environment to live in? A suburb? A city downtown? The countryside? The forest? The desert? ect

2 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Which genre do you like from shows and movies the most?

I mostly watch anime. Genre doesn't matter much as long as it has a decent story and good pacing.

18 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

What would be your ideal environment to live in? A suburb? A city downtown? The countryside? The forest? The desert? ect

somewhere where there's a friendly community i feel like i can belong in, and where the environment itself isn't too sparse or too suffocating (something like a suburb i guess?)

17 hours ago, Horu said:

I mostly watch anime. Genre doesn't matter much as long as it has a decent story and good pacing.

Can you name an anime whose pacing you didn't like?

14 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Alrighty, ready to receive some noice songs!

What is your favorite genre of music?

14 hours ago, TheComposer said:

Gotta go with summer. Having skin that tans instead of burns helps a lot with not hating it.

What do you like to do in the Summer that you don't in every other season?

1 hour ago, cr47t said:

somewhere where there's a friendly community i feel like i can belong in, and where the environment itself isn't too sparse or too suffocating (something like a suburb i guess?)

In what type of environment do you currently live in?

On 7/29/2021 at 8:32 PM, The Nyx Avatar said:

Alrighty. Mine's Fiend.

What's your favorite Attribute?

Water is my favorite and it acts surprisingly similar in Pokémon and Magic I love the idea of the strategy but not water optimal builds.

4 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Can you name an anime whose pacing you didn't like?

Mostly animes like Pokemon or Dragging Balls that have a ton of filler that can't be thrown out because the creator decided to make it canon 20 years later.

2 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Video Game music, no way around it, even if that gives me a lot of nerdy points. Classic music and alternative rock comes close, though. Also epic music like Two Steps from Hell's and the like

just curious, what kind of VGM, since it can take so many paths. do you gravitate towards __-bit/retro style? music that borrows its sound from other genres? borrowing of composition? something else?

On 8/1/2021 at 12:37 AM, The Nyx Avatar said:

The anime acts as an advertising vehicle. Should it falter, so will the sales of merchandise. Not to say Digimon is bad. I mean, it's still around to this day. It just could've been more successful than it turned out to be. On the same level as Pokemon and Yugioh. But...first impressions, I guess. My favorite Digimons are Lilithmon and Deputymon

Have you ever been to an amusement park?

Yeah, i asked my bro, and he said that digimon start to go downhill after tamers (original 01, 02, and tamers were their best). My favorite is going to be Patamon (c'mon look, how cute it is, i wanna hug and squeeze it so bad), GranDracmon (lorewise, not even Seven Great Demon Lords dare to challenge him, even in Cyber Sleuth, he is an optional Superboss), and Hudiemon (Cool design for a champion digimon, it feels like a mega level)

Amusement park? yes ofc i have

19 hours ago, cr47t said:

just curious, what kind of VGM, since it can take so many paths. do you gravitate towards __-bit/retro style? music that borrows its sound from other genres? borrowing of composition? something else?

You could say I'm extremely eclectic in this regard, as I can take pleasure from VGM that belong to pretty much every console starting from NES. I've always thought that VGM has a special effect in oneself, due to being more memorable since it's bound to be repeatedly listened to, but is also combined with the feelings and memories you forge as you play. I harbour great admiration for the composers of VGM, though in this particularity, that admiration is deeper for the composers of old, which managed to create impressive masterworks despite the tremendous limitations of the time. So we could just dive into time and we'll find Takashi Tateishi, composer for Mega Man 2, Nobuo Uematsu, the giant of Square, specially known for Final Fantasy, Motoi Sakuraba, one of my absolute favourites, composer for many Tales of games, Valkyrie Profile, Star Ocean, Eternal Sonata, Golden Sun and many more. Yoko Shimomura, for Super Mario RPG, Kingdom Hearts, some Mana games, Radiant Historia. Yutaka Minobe for Dreamcast's Skies of Arcadia. David Wise, for Donkey Kong. Jeremy Soule for Secret of Evermore. Yasunori Mitsuda, best known for Chrono Trigger, but also composer for Xenogears, Shadow Hearts or Luminous Arc. Yasunori Nishiki for Octopath Traveler. And I could go on. In short, I take delight from the rough, sometimes shrilly and flat sounds of 8-bit music to the delicacy of fully orchestrated compositions.

If you'd like, I can post a couple of songs in What are you Listening to? and tag you there. You can say heck no, tho, just an idea xD. And since you were interested in VGM, I'd also love to know what kind of VGM music you'd like, though we could possibly move somewhere else as not to clog Nyx's thread.

On 8/1/2021 at 8:48 AM, The Nyx Avatar said:

What do you like to do in the Summer that you don't in every other season?

I enjoy the heat mostly for swimming(casually), though since moving last year I'm now without a pool.

I'm also a bit of a night owl so I like having warm nights.

On 8/1/2021 at 10:46 AM, ITSUKOSOADO said:

Water is my favorite and it acts surprisingly similar in Pokémon and Magic I love the idea of the strategy but not water optimal builds.

Can you name a card with your favorite Type and Attribute?

On 8/1/2021 at 1:20 PM, cr47t said:

i'd rather not answer that kind of question, if you don't mind

All I did was ask if you live in a suburb, city, or country. Not your address or landmarks.

What do you do for fun?

On 8/1/2021 at 2:55 PM, Horu said:

Mostly animes like Pokemon or Dragging Balls that have a ton of filler that can't be thrown out because the creator decided to make it canon 20 years later.

When did you stop watching Pokemon?

On 8/1/2021 at 4:18 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

Video Game music, no way around it, even if that gives me a lot of nerdy points. Classic music and alternative rock comes close, though. Also epic music like Two Steps from Hell's and the like

Any classical artists you like?

22 hours ago, Erika Mishima said:

Yeah, i asked my bro, and he said that digimon start to go downhill after tamers (original 01, 02, and tamers were their best). My favorite is going to be Patamon (c'mon look, how cute it is, i wanna hug and squeeze it so bad), GranDracmon (lorewise, not even Seven Great Demon Lords dare to challenge him, even in Cyber Sleuth, he is an optional Superboss), and Hudiemon (Cool design for a champion digimon, it feels like a mega level)

Amusement park? yes ofc i have

Which ones?

2 hours ago, TheComposer said:

I enjoy the heat mostly for swimming(casually), though since moving last year I'm now without a pool.

I'm also a bit of a night owl so I like having warm nights.

Any plans on a new pool?

Which ones?

Domestic park, i doubt you know if tell you, but anyway, DuFan (Dunia Fantasy/Fantasy World), Kidzania, Trans Studio, Taman Pintar Yogyakarta (Smart Park of Yogyakarta), Jatim Park 1 & 2 (East Java Park 1 & 2) and Saloka Theme Park

Wish at least once, going to Disneyland, the closest one from where i live is probably Hong Kong . . .

Can you name a card with your favorite Type and Attribute?

Pandaborg

Tribe shocking virus (I had to double check this one)

ancient warriors and ursarctics but specifically mother grizzly and three trolling trolls :) (I knew ursarctics and grizzly but found the other 2 a also worked)

17 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Any classical artists you like?

Camille Saint-Saëns, Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, among others, and above 'em, Chopin. It's not exactly that I believe Chopin is superior to his peers, or that I clearly enjoy his compositions more than the others... it's just that there's Eternal Sonata, and that weights xD. In case you don't know what the hell I'm talking about, Eternal Sonata is an RPG for Xbox 360 which is about Chopin's last moments in life.

84536398_EternalSonatawallpaper.thumb.jpg.62f0d850fb0c9f6af2c1749b3ab91ef7.jpg

Chopin in the middle... alsooooo... that girl in the left with the purple hair holding a rapier... I was in love with her for some time lolol.

On 8/2/2021 at 9:57 PM, Erika Mishima said:

Domestic park, i doubt you know if tell you, but anyway, DuFan (Dunia Fantasy/Fantasy World), Kidzania, Trans Studio, Taman Pintar Yogyakarta (Smart Park of Yogyakarta), Jatim Park 1 & 2 (East Java Park 1 & 2) and Saloka Theme Park

Wish at least once, going to Disneyland, the closest one from where i live is probably Hong Kong . . .

If it makes you feel any better, I've never been to Disneyland.

What is your favorite ride out of all the parks?

On 8/2/2021 at 10:19 PM, ITSUKOSOADO said:

Pandaborg

Tribe shocking virus (I had to double check this one)

ancient warriors and ursarctics but specifically mother grizzly and three trolling trolls :) (I knew ursarctics and grizzly but found the other 2 a also worked)

What is your favorite Type in Pokemon?

On 8/3/2021 at 12:14 AM, Horu said:

Kinda lost interest with Gen 7 because of the art style.

Understandable.

image.thumb.png.12c8234eabddae5dc5d6002c762f1a00.png

Did you ever play Grand Theft Auto games?

On 8/3/2021 at 1:33 PM, TheComposer said:

Not while living in a townhouse. Would be a longer term goal.

Why? Is your stay there temporary?

On 8/3/2021 at 1:37 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

Camille Saint-Saëns, Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, among others, and above 'em, Chopin. It's not exactly that I believe Chopin is superior to his peers, or that I clearly enjoy his compositions more than the others... it's just that there's Eternal Sonata, and that weights xD. In case you don't know what the hell I'm talking about, Eternal Sonata is an RPG for Xbox 360 which is about Chopin's last moments in life.

84536398_EternalSonatawallpaper.thumb.jpg.62f0d850fb0c9f6af2c1749b3ab91ef7.jpg

Chopin in the middle... alsooooo... that girl in the left with the purple hair holding a rapier... I was in love with her for some time lolol.

Chopin you say...

What do you think of this song?

10 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

What is your favorite Type in Pokemon?

I've got to go with Fighting types because it seems they are the most dedicated and see results from their effort. Maybe I'm projecting but evolved fighting types seem less uptight then their pre-evolutions. (even if the grumpy little ones are adorable)

21 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Understandable.

image.thumb.png.12c8234eabddae5dc5d6002c762f1a00.png

Did you ever play Grand Theft Auto games?

Used to play them a lot until I got a xbox and I was introduced to Assassin's Creed, Halo, CoD, Monster Hunter, etc.

Archived