Post and I'll ask you a question

The Nyx Avatar

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/5/2021 at 1:18 PM, The Nyx Avatar said:

Are there any Pokemon that have a color scheme you like (shiny or not)?

Leaving aside the obvious Meloetta pic, Chandelure's combination of black and purple with those yellow eyes is pretty cool. I also like stuff like Luxray's Blue+Black, Hatterene's gradient hair, Bounsweet's family of green+wine, Ribombee's yellow+brown, among others. Shiny, again, Bounsweet family, Porygon2, and a lovely shiny round seal

363.png?v=26

On 9/7/2021 at 10:16 AM, Erika Mishima said:

I love both equally, but i prefer the turn-based because, i'm slow hand 😅

Which turn-based RPGs do you like?

On 9/9/2021 at 1:16 AM, TheComposer said:

Don't really have one anymore, they all kind of blend together as excuses to have time off now lol. But as a kid it was Christmas.

What was your favorite Christmas present by far?

On 9/9/2021 at 11:47 AM, Rayfield Lumina said:

Leaving aside the obvious Meloetta pic, Chandelure's combination of black and purple with those yellow eyes is pretty cool. I also like stuff like Luxray's Blue+Black, Hatterene's gradient hair, Bounsweet's family of green+wine, Ribombee's yellow+brown, among others. Shiny, again, Bounsweet family, Porygon2, and a lovely shiny round seal

363.png?v=26

The Luxray line has one of my favorite color schemes as well.

Do you like real-time RPGs, or just turn-based?

22 hours ago, Mr. Best Male 2008 said:

do me again

On 9/6/2021 at 4:15 PM, The Nyx Avatar said:

What will you do this Halloween?

35 minutes ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

I don't but my friends do and I have made several levels in mario maker and I'm decent at smash.

What consoles do you own?

2 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

I'm unsure what do you mean with real-time RPG (examples?). It's likely I like them, tho. Perhaps you mean stuff like the Tales of games? Because those are among my favourite series of all times.

I mean hack and slash, shooters, and platformers with RPG elements. Examples I'll give:

Rune Factory, Dark Souls, YS, Kingdom Hearts, Xenoblade, ect. An action game with RPG elements, like leveling up and items.

Are there any off the top of your head you like?

6 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Which turn-based RPGs do you like?

I presume the question refers to the franchise/game, as such:

> Digimonstory: Cyber Sleuth, still remember how depth Digimon Word 3 was afaik when my brother plays it, then Cyber Sleuth comes out to revoke what's "kinda forgotten franchise, thanks to Pokemon beating it", story were good, nice addition in order for the Digimon games in the future to come out

> FF old series, who don't like old classic Final Fantasy?

> Persona series, rpg check, school life check, semi-dating/relationship thingy if you care check, yeah it has everything

> Divinty Original Sins 2, granted i only play the 2nd game, but omg, i love it, esp Fane (Skeleton) character, kind of goofy clumsy bone guy, turns out badass

> Disgaea series, do i need to explain other than the giggles and the comedic part? One of the game that i keep laughing so hard when playing 🤣, and yes MC always badass, some might be badass and dumb, but that's wholesome characterization as the story progress

Honorable mention are Fire Emblem, i played the Fates and Echoes: Shadow of Valentia, since im new to the series and not yet finished (and forgot to continue, kinda busy with rl), also Pokemon series, as much as i super love pokemon, sad to say the company itself hardly makes a progress/upgrade to the game, every new games falls into same gameplay, new pokemon, new story, new side mechanic but fogotten next gen that kind of stuff

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2021 at 8:07 PM, ITSUKOSOADO said:

I've owned a gameboy, DS, DSI, 3DS, 2DS, and Wii U. Now I have a phone, tablet, and computer.

Anything you've got on Steam?

On 9/14/2021 at 1:54 AM, Erika Mishima said:

I presume the question refers to the franchise/game, as such:

> Digimonstory: Cyber Sleuth, still remember how depth Digimon Word 3 was afaik when my brother plays it, then Cyber Sleuth comes out to revoke what's "kinda forgotten franchise, thanks to Pokemon beating it", story were good, nice addition in order for the Digimon games in the future to come out

> FF old series, who don't like old classic Final Fantasy?

> Persona series, rpg check, school life check, semi-dating/relationship thingy if you care check, yeah it has everything

> Divinty Original Sins 2, granted i only play the 2nd game, but omg, i love it, esp Fane (Skeleton) character, kind of goofy clumsy bone guy, turns out badass

> Disgaea series, do i need to explain other than the giggles and the comedic part? One of the game that i keep laughing so hard when playing 🤣, and yes MC always badass, some might be badass and dumb, but that's wholesome characterization as the story progress

Honorable mention are Fire Emblem, i played the Fates and Echoes: Shadow of Valentia, since im new to the series and not yet finished (and forgot to continue, kinda busy with rl), also Pokemon series, as much as i super love pokemon, sad to say the company itself hardly makes a progress/upgrade to the game, every new games falls into same gameplay, new pokemon, new story, new side mechanic but fogotten next gen that kind of stuff

Who are some of your favorite video game characters?

On 9/14/2021 at 7:30 PM, TheComposer said:

My memories aren't strong enough to remember what I was happiest about receiving at the time of getting it, but I definitely got the most mileage out of either my Gamecube, or Gameboy Advance.

I got a Gamecube for Christmas, too!

Got any plans for Halloween this year?

2 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Anything you've got on Steam?

I have a bunch of funny free to play games. I just got Super Auto Pets, it's really buggy but a cool auto battler at a slower pace. Other then that I just have don't starve together (it was a gift) and 5D chess with multiverse time travel.

3 minutes ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

I have a bunch of funny free to play games. I just got Super Auto Pets, it's really buggy but a cool auto battler at a slower pace. Other then that I just have don't starve together (it was a gift) and 5D chess with multiverse time travel.

I keep hearing about 5D Chess but my tiny engineering major brain can't fathom it haha

23 minutes ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

You waiting on sales to buy games?

16 minutes ago, xbox1003 said:

I keep hearing about 5D Chess but my tiny engineering major brain can't fathom it haha

What's your favorite anime?

4 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

You waiting on sales to buy games?

Sales to set them to $5 or less. I don't have the freedom to pay what I think is a fair price (I have like 20 games on my Wishlist I would get if I was allowed to) 

2 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Who are some of your favorite video game characters?

I've already mentioned N, so i will mention the other:

Shinjiro Aragaki

P3-Shinjiro_render.png

At first i thought he is kind of "hard to come and know" guy, a jerk, even feels like dont care about at all, but for those who play Persona 3 knows his true side well, especially if you played the P3P as female MC, man . . . things gets deep and heartening, i love him, characterization and personality.

Kratos

Kratos_2018.png

Is this weird enough coming from me? 🤣

Granted, i never played GoW series, so i can't really feel the characterization as someone who had played, and i only watch a few gameplay on YT, but holy . . . from a maniacal with an anger issues goes into a wise good father on recent series? That is a huge development! Idk why, inner me screams "Real man here boii", and this probably makes me sad why i didn't play GoW back then and follow the series as a whole

Honorable mention goes to Nazeem and Grelod the Kind, both from Skyrim, the former is a d*ck with his sarcasm, the later is a cruel woman, why my favorite because the developer actually succeed on making a non-threatening bad guy as npc, even goes far as memorable + becoming a meme, so torturing put a judgment to them is satisfying

Also goes to this man

P3-Ryoji.jpg

I believe you know this guy right Nyx? He realized his true identity, even grants the MC an option to kill him before becoming you- err Nyx Avatar!

2 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

What's your favorite anime?

Funny enough, I haven't watched a proper anime in several years, it's never been my cup of tea. If I had to pick, I'd say either Yugioh GX because it was essentially my entire childhood, I started watching when I was 6 or something, or Mirai Nikki because it was one of the most memorable and genuinely well animated shows I've seen in a while.

8 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Got any plans for Halloween this year?

Buy some candy and if any shows up at my door hand it out. Not being into horror games/movies means I tend not to do too much for Halloween.

I do want to one year go to work in a pest control outfit at work and call myself the debugger. Software developer for context.

On 10/2/2021 at 8:32 PM, ITSUKOSOADO said:

Sales to set them to $5 or less. I don't have the freedom to pay what I think is a fair price (I have like 20 games on my Wishlist I would get if I was allowed to) 

Which one are you most likely to get soon?

On 10/2/2021 at 10:13 PM, Kanashimi said:

I've already mentioned N, so i will mention the other:

Reveal hidden contents

Shinjiro Aragaki

P3-Shinjiro_render.png

At first i thought he is kind of "hard to come and know" guy, a jerk, even feels like dont care about at all, but for those who play Persona 3 knows his true side well, especially if you played the P3P as female MC, man . . . things gets deep and heartening, i love him, characterization and personality.

Kratos

Kratos_2018.png

Is this weird enough coming from me? 🤣

Granted, i never played GoW series, so i can't really feel the characterization as someone who had played, and i only watch a few gameplay on YT, but holy . . . from a maniacal with an anger issues goes into a wise good father on recent series? That is a huge development! Idk why, inner me screams "Real man here boii", and this probably makes me sad why i didn't play GoW back then and follow the series as a whole

Honorable mention goes to Nazeem and Grelod the Kind, both from Skyrim, the former is a d*ck with his sarcasm, the later is a cruel woman, why my favorite because the developer actually succeed on making a non-threatening bad guy as npc, even goes far as memorable + becoming a meme, so torturing put a judgment to them is satisfying

Also goes to this man

P3-Ryoji.jpg

I believe you know this guy right Nyx? He realized his true identity, even grants the MC an option to kill him before becoming you- err Nyx Avatar!

Have you played or seen other installments of Persona?

On 10/2/2021 at 11:27 PM, Ezrael said:

Funny enough, I haven't watched a proper anime in several years, it's never been my cup of tea. If I had to pick, I'd say either Yugioh GX because it was essentially my entire childhood, I started watching when I was 6 or something, or Mirai Nikki because it was one of the most memorable and genuinely well animated shows I've seen in a while.

It's alright. Last anime I watched was Ghost Stories. In 2017. I'm lazy when it comes to watching anime.

What is your favorite genre?

On 10/3/2021 at 4:34 AM, TheComposer said:

Buy some candy and if any shows up at my door hand it out. Not being into horror games/movies means I tend not to do too much for Halloween.

I do want to one year go to work in a pest control outfit at work and call myself the debugger. Software developer for context.

What about horror-themed content?

Nothing necessarily scary

On 10/3/2021 at 5:44 PM, cr47t said:

I WANT TO GET OFF MR BONES WILD RIDE

insert current events joke here

Do politics captivate you a lot?

9 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

What about horror-themed content?

Nothing necessarily scary

There's always Halloween events in games but other than games I normally play I don't tend to go out of my way to do anything.

If friends in Discord are playing/watching something horror themed I may jump in, but usually nothing more than that. Hellsing Ultimate Abridged episodes were good for it while they were coming out.

10 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Have you played or seen other installments of Persona?

Haven't played the original Persona 1. Played the duology of Persona 2 (Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment), good old PS1. Persona 4 & Golden, afterwards i haven't (yes i know the hype of Persona 5, but yeah mom prohibited me for buying another game console), if there were PC version, which i doubt, obv gonna buy it!

On 10/10/2021 at 12:06 AM, TheComposer said:

There's always Halloween events in games but other than games I normally play I don't tend to go out of my way to do anything.

If friends in Discord are playing/watching something horror themed I may jump in, but usually nothing more than that. Hellsing Ultimate Abridged episodes were good for it while they were coming out.

Is there any candy you still like?

On 10/10/2021 at 12:26 AM, Kanashimi said:

Haven't played the original Persona 1. Played the duology of Persona 2 (Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment), good old PS1. Persona 4 & Golden, afterwards i haven't (yes i know the hype of Persona 5, but yeah mom prohibited me for buying another game console), if there were PC version, which i doubt, obv gonna buy it!

Why is that? Is space lacking in your home?

2 hours ago, cr47t said:

not anymore, really (for clarity's sake, mr bones was a rct2 meme ref)

Then why do you post about them most often?

Archived