Post and I'll ask you a question

The Nyx Avatar

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/19/2021 at 7:29 PM, Horu said:

I have had many names over the time I started using YGO based sites and apps but Horu is the one that everyone seemed to stick with once it hit center stage. So ultimately, Horu was simply supposed to be a cool protag for a story that ended up becoming much more than a storied protag or a temporary name for me. People got attached to it and I maintain the character simply for everyone that has grown to love it.

But where'd you get the name Horu from?

On 8/19/2021 at 8:48 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

20210817_225242.jpg.949f438ceaa4842ecc1d0f236b7b6d6e.jpg

I could very well be this person xD. Cheese is my drug!

So would you eat these chips?

image.png.58a0a9ce92f1694640b9c6f839743968.png

On 8/20/2021 at 4:45 PM, cr47t said:

i don't read as much as i should. most of my recent projects have been fantasy-esque, usually drawing from miyazaki rather than LOTR/potter/dnd/etc, because its gives me a bit more wiggle room. i tried to do a super serious project recently but the responsibility with dealing with the topics involved was too much for me, so back to fantasy for now. not that anything's wrong with that.

Well, just because it's fantasy, it doesn't mean it has to be based on Western franchises.

Is there any holiday you look forward to?

On 8/20/2021 at 8:59 PM, TheComposer said:

Invader Zim: Tak, The Hideous New Girl

Adventure Time: Simon & Marcy

Is there any art style in particular you really like?

On 8/21/2021 at 1:23 AM, Erika Mishima said:

I actually googled it cuz i am confused on the question 😅

Owh there are 2 bbq's flavour, i like the orange one (bbq fiesta), never ate the black one before (not available here)

Which type of landscape looks most attractive to you?

Hills? Meadow? Forest? Mountains? Country? Field of flowers?

On 8/12/2021 at 5:39 PM, The Nyx Avatar said:

Can you get a look at my latest drawings from Le Crayon Corner?

Ah! I didn't see this!

I have seen Cassidy (who was the latest before you posted this.) and St. Faustina and the giant worm. I'm in awe that that took only 2 hours (the last one)?!? You're a wonderful artist.

22 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Well, just because it's fantasy, it doesn't mean it has to be based on Western franchises.

Is there any holiday you look forward to?

i've always looked forward to Christmas because of the people i get to be with then, but covid has thrown a wrench in that last year, hope it doesn't happen again.

On the fantasy topic: i agree with you. i've tried various things with my various takes on fantasy (some projects still in works, some scrapped), like a magic system that isn't based on power, or where the fantasy is mostly in the past of the narrative timeframe.

but one of the things i keep trying to do is capture the sense of wonder that made fantasy great in the first place - a aspect of the genre (and other stories in part about their settings) that has, since the blockbuster success of potter, has been largely sidelined by popular fantasy in favor of chasing shiny tropes, recurring subjects, and massive conflicts - usually in a way that disregards wonder as a cornerstone of not only fantasy but most good setting-central stories.

sorry if my little rant went a bit long

12 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Is there any art style in particular you really like?

Don't know art styles too well so I'll just go with three examples:
The angled thick line style in The World Ends With You:
Nyx1.png.fcc1db51f3c4f90052bbc86cae26056a.png
Hard to explain other than anything Hidari draws:
Nyx2.png.d701777d0f08132fc58e3a0bb05edaee.png
And the moe anime style like Tsunako does:

Nyx3.png.e7f44b54907544b2ef4ed8684c7c76c2.png

And I could post a million images from Battle Network but I also don't know if that's the style or nostalgia talking. But Bass.EXE has my favorite design character wise.

9 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

omg, that's a taboo, man. Chips are fine, cheese is more than fine. Chips with Cheese?     H E L L    N O

Gotta agree with Rayfield here. Especially the Lays brand. It just doesn't sit right. With this particular flavor, Ruffles is the right direction but crush the chips up before you open the bag and it makes them that much more enjoyable. But Lays Cheddar and Sour Cream is a big nono.

On 8/28/2021 at 10:46 PM, The Nyx Avatar said:

Which type of landscape looks most attractive to you?

Hills? Meadow? Forest? Mountains? Country? Field of flowers?

Forest, quite chilly, animal sounds, bird singing, maybe a river in the middle of the forest, isn't it the most handsome thing you've ever imagined? Well at least for me. Since i live in the slope of a mountain, i felt that the scenery were good, but i get used to it that i felt, "okay. i saw it everyday"

On 8/30/2021 at 2:54 AM, Erika Mishima said:

i felt that the scenery were good, but i get used to it that i felt, "okay. i saw it everyday"

i know the feeling. reminds me of a time i went to a nature trail roughly by a rocky seaside. it had its nice little suprises, but for most of the first half of my walk i felt the same way. then the weather rolled in and suddenly with all that fog and mist i felt like i felt like i has stepped through reality into a Tolkienesque/English/New Zealandish/whatever world free for me to look around. still my favorite nature train ever, and im kinda afraid to go back in case high expectations ruin it. just wanted to share

anyway, ready for another question

On 8/28/2021 at 10:57 AM, ITSUKOSOADO said:

Ah! I didn't see this!

I have seen Cassidy (who was the latest before you posted this.) and St. Faustina and the giant worm. I'm in awe that that took only 2 hours (the last one)?!? You're a wonderful artist.

Do you own a Nintendo Switch?

On 8/28/2021 at 11:18 AM, cr47t said:

i've always looked forward to Christmas because of the people i get to be with then, but covid has thrown a wrench in that last year, hope it doesn't happen again.

On the fantasy topic: i agree with you. i've tried various things with my various takes on fantasy (some projects still in works, some scrapped), like a magic system that isn't based on power, or where the fantasy is mostly in the past of the narrative timeframe.

but one of the things i keep trying to do is capture the sense of wonder that made fantasy great in the first place - a aspect of the genre (and other stories in part about their settings) that has, since the blockbuster success of potter, has been largely sidelined by popular fantasy in favor of chasing shiny tropes, recurring subjects, and massive conflicts - usually in a way that disregards wonder as a cornerstone of not only fantasy but most good setting-central stories.

sorry if my little rant went a bit long

What is your least favorite day of the week?

On 8/28/2021 at 5:23 PM, Horu said:

Horu originally derived from Horus and my interest in Egyptian mythology.

Well, I guess you could answer this one on your return (when that is, I don't know):

Do you prefer cutesy, action-packed, or comedic anime?

On 8/30/2021 at 1:54 AM, Erika Mishima said:

Forest, quite chilly, animal sounds, bird singing, maybe a river in the middle of the forest, isn't it the most handsome thing you've ever imagined? Well at least for me. Since i live in the slope of a mountain, i felt that the scenery were good, but i get used to it that i felt, "okay. i saw it everyday"

I agree! I mean, I love me my suburbs and other urban areas to live in. But if I HAD to live in a rural setting...I'd want it to be amidst the trees, or forest. I don't want to live in the country. Nothing but crops and empty fields. Fucking boring. Least the forest gives you plenty of natural landmarks and wildlife.

What is your favorite game genre (platformer, adventure, RPG, visual novel, simulator, ect)?

On 8/28/2021 at 11:14 PM, TheComposer said:

Don't know art styles too well so I'll just go with three examples:
The angled thick line style in The World Ends With You:
Nyx1.png.fcc1db51f3c4f90052bbc86cae26056a.png
Hard to explain other than anything Hidari draws:
Nyx2.png.d701777d0f08132fc58e3a0bb05edaee.png
And the moe anime style like Tsunako does:

Nyx3.png.e7f44b54907544b2ef4ed8684c7c76c2.png

And I could post a million images from Battle Network but I also don't know if that's the style or nostalgia talking. But Bass.EXE has my favorite design character wise.

Did you ever make OCs?

Just now, Rayfield Lumina said:

Yeah. I have 803 out of 809 Pokemon from the TCG if you go up to Gen VII

Oof. I don't even have enough to build a Deck.

Just now, Rayfield Lumina said:

have Vanguard Cards (waifus), Weiss Schwarz cards (waifus) and some random stuff form Luck and Logic and Magic.

Understandable. I'd only buy those for art, too.

Are there any Pokemon that have a color scheme you like (shiny or not)?

5 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Did you ever make OCs?

Only ever with Soul Calibur's character creator. Been years since I've added to that, though I keep a few around from game to game. Mostly just cause I like some of the designs still.

But even then they were their own thing. Never made OCs for existing stories/worlds that interact with an established world/characters.

Main thing that can count as an OC for me is Fignus, which has been a lot of things but eventually mellowed out to be the personification of what I view as my worst character traits. Which I now more use to improve myself more than anything at this point.

1 hour ago, TheComposer said:

Only ever with Soul Calibur's character creator. Been years since I've added to that, though I keep a few around from game to game. Mostly just cause I like some of the designs still.

But even then they were their own thing. Never made OCs for existing stories/worlds that interact with an established world/characters.

Main thing that can count as an OC for me is Fignus, which has been a lot of things but eventually mellowed out to be the personification of what I view as my worst character traits. Which I now more use to improve myself more than anything at this point.

What is Fignus usually?

18 minutes ago, Mr. Best Male 2008 said:

hmu

What card sleeves do you use for Yugioh cards?

And which do you recommend?

3 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

What is Fignus usually?

Been a long time since he was something concrete. Started out being a big bad evil guy with a ton of power, to more of an anti-hero who just did things he wanted for his own benefit, then to what he is now, a loose interpretation of what I consider character traits I should work on. A lot of which is the aspect of how I like to mess with people, but sometimes in ways not fun to the other person.

21 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

What is your favorite game genre (platformer, adventure, RPG, visual novel, simulator, ect)?

RPG surely, Horror (picky about this), and you might be surprised if i say Racing Games, yes, NFS/GT and so on.

RPG for obvious reason, i think i don't need to explain here. Horror, well say Little Nightmare, then i absolutely love it, Resident Evil? Huh? Not my taste, i love the horror game, as long as it has less jumpscare (thats cheap yknow), unsettling experience, interesting and mysterious backstories, like, umm, i love it if it's kinda the game attacks me mentally and emotionally, rather than physically (killing zombies/monsters). Racing Games, well, my family love racing, and play racing games a lot (esp my dad), and it kinda grew on me, i still remember young me dreamt of becoming a kart racer, but that's not realistic at all, at least in my country 🤣

17 hours ago, TheComposer said:

Been a long time since he was something concrete. Started out being a big bad evil guy with a ton of power, to more of an anti-hero who just did things he wanted for his own benefit, then to what he is now, a loose interpretation of what I consider character traits I should work on. A lot of which is the aspect of how I like to mess with people, but sometimes in ways not fun to the other person.

What is your favorite holiday?

6 hours ago, Erika Mishima said:

RPG surely, Horror (picky about this), and you might be surprised if i say Racing Games, yes, NFS/GT and so on.

RPG for obvious reason, i think i don't need to explain here. Horror, well say Little Nightmare, then i absolutely love it, Resident Evil? Huh? Not my taste, i love the horror game, as long as it has less jumpscare (thats cheap yknow), unsettling experience, interesting and mysterious backstories, like, umm, i love it if it's kinda the game attacks me mentally and emotionally, rather than physically (killing zombies/monsters). Racing Games, well, my family love racing, and play racing games a lot (esp my dad), and it kinda grew on me, i still remember young me dreamt of becoming a kart racer, but that's not realistic at all, at least in my country 🤣

Turn-based or real-time?

46 minutes ago, Mr. Best Male 2008 said:

do me again

What will you do this Halloween?

Archived