Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Blake

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, they brought over some of the notable trainers from other generations for Battle Tree, so wouldn't be out of flavor to have them as Champion battle opponents as well.

Examples being Cynthia, Wally, Grimsley, those two assistants from Kalos, Colress, the other trial captains. Or Red/Blue fighting you more than once; maybe Blue anyway. 

I just wish the E4 was higher than level 66-70 [mid/upper-70s would've been good] post-game, considering the split EXP formula they decided to bring from Unova. Least Lucky Eggs are slightly easier to get; sans one of them using Fling and you get none (and some EXP grinding). 

I mean, they brought over some of the notable trainers from other generations for Battle Tree, so wouldn't be out of flavor to have them as Champion battle opponents as well.

Examples being Cynthia, Wally, Grimsley, those two assistants from Kalos, Colress, the other trial captains. Or Red/Blue fighting you more than once; maybe Blue anyway. 

I just wish the E4 was higher than level 66-70 [mid/upper-70s would've been good] post-game, considering the split EXP formula they decided to bring from Unova. Least Lucky Eggs are slightly easier to get; sans one of them using Fling and you get none (and some EXP grinding). 

I mean you can reasonably beat a team in the 80s

I'm honestly not sure why they cap it off. But yes, between the BT, and the new way of doing the champion, UMUS has a lot to be proud of

Likely to make it a bit easier for the more "casual" players like little kids (the ones who can't grind enough to hit the upper 70s - lower 80s that we'd like in postgame) and provide a middle ground that is accessible early on. In which case, they could've kept the Gen 6 EXP formula and not lower it for high level.

IDK, the Cafes in X/Y were a good thing; expensive as hell, but the training was consistent (then again, Balm Mushrooms netted you profit).

Battle Buffet is somewhat crap (least it's not once per day like it was in S/M, but still level 55 / 1 mon) and the Kantonian Gym has similar issues outside Ryuki. 

Agency sucks though because of the Guest thing at level 0, the rental 'mons can be sheet and hax.

I really love what USUM did with challengers. I wish the other games would do this in the future. Maybe a wider selection of people like champs from other regions

But it's a very neat twist

I'd REALLY love for them to bring back the Pokémon World Tournament.

IDK, the Cafes in X/Y were a good thing; expensive as hell, but the training was consistent (then again, Balm Mushrooms netted you profit).

The best way to level grind in XY was in Terminus Cave. Durant hordes give over 4000 EXP with Lucky eggs. You get even more if you are keeping Pokemon from evolving.

I preferred the Chateau and Cafes for consistency (and not having to carry Sweet Scent user all the time), but mostly for money and the latter at least healed your stuff up between rounds (also because I had a ton of money to spend anyway). But yeah, that worked too. 

Honestly would've liked for a White Treehollow / Black Tower esque setting in US/UM (or have the Battle Tree be this, as opposed to a battle sim thing).

Why?

Same reason I think banning things in YGO isn't a good idea. Outside of very rare cases where you can basically win 100% of the time, banning cards just promotes laziness. It lets you build decks and teams easier, and it's a slippery slope

What do you think they're gonna do to primal creation trio post Sinnoh remakes?

MR isn't unbeatable, not if you are willing to team build properly, and it's not oppressive enough IMO to be an exception 

Same reason I think banning things in YGO isn't a good idea. Outside of very rare cases where you can basically win 100% of the time, banning cards just promotes laziness. It lets you build decks and teams easier, and it's a slippery slope

What do you think they're gonna do to primal creation trio post Sinnoh remakes?

MR isn't unbeatable, not if you are willing to team build properly, and it's not oppressive enough IMO to be an exception

An important aspect of suspects & bans involves the way in which Pokémon is effectively an uncompetitive game inherently. Since you always have bad matchups from time to time, you need a large sample size to be good. If the quantity of teams you run into have a specific Pokémon, then you eventually adapt to beat it.

No Pokémon is unbeatable, but some of them do so much that they are mandatory on most teams because to not use them just sets you back.

For example, in Balanced Hackmons, Primal Groudon was extremely powerful because it outclassed all fire types, has amazing all-around stats, great typing, and can run many different abilities that act simultaneously as lures and optimal sets. Because Primal Groudon was only bearable by a couple of things, and those things drastically varied, it essentially put so much pressure on team building that the ladder became even more of a slot machine than usual.

I predict that, with its gargantuan attacking stats and good movepool and speed tier, mega Rayquaza was deemed too much for the meta (in Ubers, I presume). Just because something has checks or counters doesn’t always mean it’s not overcentralizing or better than a bunch of other options.

If Smogon decides to unban Mega Rayquaza to Ubers again then they have their reasons. It could happen eventually. I would also not describe banning certain things as a slippery slope, since that would imply many more things banned than what have been so far. “Slippery slope” would be more like banning late-game cleaners because they have no checks once a team is dismantled.

If your favorite Pokémon is Mega Rayquaza then just play BH or AG which are fun anyway

With Delta Stream, Mega Ray receives ample opportunity to set up at least 1 Dragon Dance, after which it outspeeds a majority of the tier and 2HKOs literally everything save for a few obscure checks, such as Counter Skarmory or Shuca Berry Rhyperior. 

Most Ubers teams – especially those high in the ladder – were focused on getting Out Mega Ray and getting rid of the opponent's. In other words, pre Mega Ray ban ORAS Ubers was Run a dedicated Mega Ray check or lose to Mega Ray. Sounds pretty centralizing to me. 

Also, it's arguably stronger than in Gen 6 due to change in turn order after Mega Evolution, allowing it to immediately make use of its base 115 Speed.

With Delta Stream, Mega Ray receives ample opportunity to set up at least 1 Dragon Dance, after which it outspeeds a majority of the tier and 2HKOs literally everything save for a few obscure checks, such as Counter Skarmory or Shuca Berry Rhyperior. 

Most Ubers teams – especially those high in the ladder – were focused on getting Out Mega Ray and getting rid of the opponent's. In other words, pre Mega Ray ban ORAS Ubers was Run a dedicated Mega Ray check or lose to Mega Ray. Sounds pretty centralizing to me. 

Also, it's arguably stronger than in Gen 6 due to change in turn order after Mega Evolution, allowing it to immediately make use of its base 115 Speed.

And now you have to run PDon or a good PDon counter

DS only nixes moves that are super effective against flying types, if you have a dedicated Dragon Killer, which you should, you can take it ou

Now, I was under the impression you need to hold the Meteorite, which would further weaken Mega Ray. Hopefully they'll bring the Jade orb back and make it need to hold that, but I don't think its that silly SM. Run a fast Dragon if you're so worried about it or scarf a Xeneras or Fairy Arceus 

That's what I do in AG

I'd REALLY love for them to bring back the Pokémon World Tournament.

The best way to level grind in XY was in Terminus Cave. Durant hordes give over 4000 EXP with Lucky eggs. You get even more if you are keeping Pokemon from evolving.

the PWT?! hell yeah they need to bring it back! that was the best thing to ever come to pokemon. face all the gym leaders and champions that ever existed?  so much fun.

I've been trying for like 2 weeks, no luck

I haven't even used my first Masterball, so it's fine, but it still sucks

Did anyone do the Dusk Lycan event and if so, could you trade me a egg from breading it :(

people ask big time to trade the dusk lyncanroc (spelling?)

Well, either they didn't buy the game before Jan 10th, didn't log onto the net before then or something happened. Anything's possible.

If you want one, Winter (or anyone), I have a couple of Rockruff with Fire Fang (because Ultra Sun), though a lot of them are technically breeding rejects due to lack of Destiny Knot at the time to pass the good IVs and stuff. Should be Jolly nature already, so that saves you some time. 

(Can't do it right now though because I have my Ultra Moon cartridge and not in area where I can log onto internet for 3DS [i.e. college])

Well any offsprings it has will most likely also have trait that makes it special 

If you breed the event Rockruff, any of the resulting babies will be hard-wired to have Own Tempo as an ability (and thus evolve only into Dusk Lycanroc). Well, the female one is definite; breeding male ones is unknown. I think you can pass down the male's ball too, however last couple times I've done it only resulted in the standard one. 

====

As for Icy's team, I'm not sure why you chose a Sassy nature for Espeon, considering Speed is one of its best stats. Even though you're running a support set, Calm nature would work better (as you will never use physical Espeon). Unless this is based on in-game stuff and that's just what you ended up with, then alright. 

IDK, I'd post a Showdown team I made yesterday for OU (but haven't used yet), but need to look it over a bit.

Archived