(TCG) February 5th Banlist

and now you’ve missed the entire point of my post

I do get the pt, but it's not the focus of the deck in OCG, cause OCG wasn't stupid enough to move it from 1->3 after pepe

Really contemplating switching to OCG.

Anyways

I was surprised Monster Reborn got to 1, but then I remembered OCG has it at 1. Plus, like British Soul mentioned, there's that thing with TCG getting original artwork of the card.

Of course they would copy OCG and put Firewall Dragon to 1. The first anime protagonist's card (That barely even makes an appearance in anime these days) got hit yet again. The reason is understandable though.

I'm not sure what they are thinking bringing back Towers and Damage Juggler. Maybe Konami really hates us.

Pretty sure putting SPYRAL Resort at 1 killed the entire archetype... but I'm not sure.

All Unlimited cards are mostly new erratas so everyone saw it coming.

But did it really took them that long to unban fuckin Ojama Trio?

Do it, you can play just about anything you want and have a decent chance at winning

It's a super well made format currently

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never said it was the focus in TCG. It totally wasn’t.

People just blindly saw “OMG JOKER HAS SO MANY TARGETS SO GOOD”, ignoring the issues that an NS reliant searcher in pends actually has. Again, Magicians have nothing better to do with an NS, but decks like Odd-Eyes Goodstuff or Ppal variants do.

I’m fully expecting OE Goodstuff to show up in OCG soon.

trickstars are tier 0 this format and they were the least fun deck to play against in the first place

the addition of unsearchable game winner cards like solemn and reborn is something im never gonna agree with

droll + reincarnation not being hit at all is a travesty

though at the very least some of the degeneracy enablers are gone

http://www.yugioh-card.com/uk/gameplay/detail.php?id=1155

Forbidden

---------------------------------------

Blackwing - Gofu the Vague Shadow

Dandylion

Double Iris Magician

Level Eater

Maxx "C"

Performapal Skullcrobat Joker

Limited

Apoqliphort Towers

Grinder Golem

Performage Damage Juggler

Firewall Dragon

Monster Reborn

SPYRAL Resort

Solemn Judgment

Semi-Limited

-No Changes-

Unlimited

Artifact Moralltach

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning

Card Trooper

Thunder King Rai-Oh

Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

Brain Control

El Shaddoll Fusion

Future Fusion

Mind Control

Preparation of Rites

Saqlifice

Bottomless Trap Hole

Ceasefire

Ojama Trio

Torrential Tribute

So looking at this...

Pendulum Magicians got hit hard.

Good riddance to Level Eater and Maxx "C".

Gofu, Dandylion, Golem and Firewall hit for obvious reasons.

Towers returning along with long time banned Monster Reborn and Solemn Judgement is nice.

THE RETURN OF DUPE TROOP IS NIGH!!!

Finally love how Konami gives us 3 Bottomless Trap Hole now as I will be putting them into my deck.

Nothing much for me to say that hasn't been said, so let's move on to "So what's going to happen with the meta?" Starring my Loose Predicitions. Take 'em with as much salt as you need.

[spoiler=How November 2017 ended off]

816c4a8474.png

Last we left our heroes, SPYRAL still held a commanding lead of Tier 1 with Trickstars and Magicians trailing far behind. The hits against Grinder, Gofu, Firewall etc. affect the general pool of "Generic Engine Goodstuffs", combined with the hit against Resort definitely gives them a larger smack to the wrist, but it will remain to see how much of an impact that has on the deck's performance, considering how far and away it is.

Trickstars are likely to stay where they are, either as first or second, simply due to them not being touched, but Pendulum decks are starting to look like a real wildcard.

But what about Extreme Force?

Neither the Mythical Beasts or Mekk Knights are themes that have had any sort of impact on the meta. F.A.'s are still as poor of a deck as ever, and Vendreads are lacking any sort of end-game goal. However, the real money lies in the LVP imports that EXFO received, particularly Electrumite. Pendulum Magicians take a big hit from the list for sure, however this isn't to say that it's impossible for the deck to bounce back with any sort of other engines. They still have access to a lot of tools and cards, and in particular Double Iris's ban might be the ultimate shift of Pendulum Magicians away from a scale-self-destruction focus to being able to take full advantage of Pendulum Call being at 3.

On top of that, there's still that little two-card engine that Mythical Beasts offer that give better access to Electrumite. Zefra's have stood really low on the tier list, but the hit against SPYRAL's and Magicians combined with the addition of pendulum goodstuffs might be what they need to push up some more.

I would say keep an eye on ABC's, however we have yet to receive either Needlefiber or Summon Sorceress, so they're probably just going to stay where they are, if not drop from the lack of Gofu or Grinder.

Overall, I would say that Trickstars being near the top is a given, but beyond that I would say Pendulum Decks are almost poised to grab a bigger piece of the pie. It'll remain to be seen how much of a hit SPYRAL's take from this change.

Level Eater got banned, Firewall is at 1, the rest of the list is irrelevant.

Thank you Konami for killing those cancer decks.

Maxx got banned? Gaaah!

Gofu and Dandylion... guess 2 free tokens is 2 much for Konami.

Monster Reborn and Solemn Judgement are BACK. YES!!! Even though metas can abuse this, it’s still amazing!

Bottomless Trap Hole? Oh yeah! Running at 3!

SPYRALs have had it coming for... 4 months now.

How did Trickstars dodge the ban? Did Aoi pull some strings or something?

Level Eater got banned, Firewall is at 1, the rest of the list is irrelevant.

Thank you Konami for killing those cancer decks.

Maxx got banned? Gaaah!

Gofu and Dandylion... guess 2 free tokens is 2 much for Konami.

Monster Reborn and Solemn Judgement are BACK. YES!!! Even though metas can abuse this, it’s still amazing!

Bottomless Trap Hole? Oh yeah! Running at 3!

SPYRALs have had it coming for... 4 months now.

How did Trickstars dodge the ban? Did Aoi pull some strings or something?

Screenshot_at_2018-02-02_09-43-47.png

OCG sure abusing that Reborn

(Staples get in the 100-200 range btw)

EQO8WSg.png?1

K0GUyDo.png?1

https://ygorganization.com/ocg-japan-china-decklists-01-29-2018/

Reborn back is more of a novelty than anything else.

A friend described it best. Decks that are lower tier, tend to need it. Decks that are already meta, have no need for it

As far as OCG, it serves more as a tier blunter making 1.5 less discernible

Plant Synchro likes it tho, but that Dandy ban :( 

Solemn J is functionally the worse of the three

Last week we saw 

36 Solemn Strikes (semi)

20 Solemn Warning (SEMI)

18 Solemn Judgment (limited)

Last week we saw 

36 Solemn Strikes (semi)

20 Solemn Warning (SEMI)

18 Solemn Judgment (limited)

Is that "saw" as in decks running, or "saw" as in actively appeared/used on the field in tournaments?  Because if the latter, it kinda would make logical sense that a semi-limited card actively appears more than a limited card.

Looks like some power traps are back to 3, huh?  Guess I can make a more powerful Card of Demise control/stun deck.  Artifact Blue Buster helps too.

Something something groundhog seeing shad(doll)

watch monster reborn get shot down again after the promo.

also, with the semi revival of strong backrow cards, the hits to two of the top decks, and the early release of designator, a lot of slower paced decks should have a new shot at the top of the charts. my only remorse is that "C" died without taking the forehead loli at least partially along with it. but we've finally got some new breath in the format, so let's see what happens with it.

also, how the hell did subterror do so well in the OCG? is guru that much of a game changer?

Is that "saw" as in decks running, or "saw" as in actively appeared/used on the field in tournaments?  Because if the latter, it kinda would make logical sense that a semi-limited card actively appears more than a limited card.

Looks like some power traps are back to 3, huh?  Guess I can make a more powerful Card of Demise control/stun deck.  Artifact Blue Buster helps too.

It's a compilation of all the top4-8 of the recent OCG tournaments in the last week.

In totally x number of Y card were used

It's a compilation of all the top4-8 of the recent OCG tournaments in the last week.

so you mean the number of people running it right? because if it's total number ran, the fact that it's limited vs semi limited makes the statement moot.

watch monster reborn get shot down again after the promo.

also, with the semi revival of strong backrow cards, the hits to two of the top decks, and the early release of designator, a lot of slower paced decks should have a new shot at the top of the charts. my only remorse is that "C" died without taking the forehead loli at least partially along with it. but we've finally got some new breath in the format, so let's see what happens with it.

also, how the hell did subterror do so well in the OCG? is guru that much of a game changer?

Hitting the hand traps is taking a step back in the game.

http://www.yugioh-card.com/uk/gameplay/detail.php?id=1155

Limited

Solemn Judgment

EYuHaV4.jpg?1

I know trap cards aren't that great right now but I have a sinking feeling that this will backfire horribly if they ever are.

Might just be PTSD from TeleDAD format though.

I don't like Maxx at 0 either. It's pretty much the least offensive hand trap compared to some of the sillier bullshit like Ash.

Archived