Christmas Event 2021 - Development Thread

Rayfield Lumina

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, morrisoni4 said:

Gooood morning everyone!

Alright then, how about Lock-On? xP Anyway, I'll try Orange 2 this time.

BTW, I'll probably start work on that archetype we discussed tomorrow.

Great to know! It's been a while since your last Xmas post, looking forward to it

1 hour ago, Lazarus IV said:

Time to open the last Blue box for now and what better way to do that than to open the last Blue box?  Rayfield, box #36 if you please!

Served, mister Gagagigo!

33 minutes ago, Zefra Zamazenta said:

So I'm gonna make another Xmas post Raye to be able to open up another number is that it okay?

Ty Zama, looking forward to that archetype!

About the hint, as I've been trying to tell you, the hints you have been getting (the one you got from the xmas archetype and the one you got from the thread you made for Lazarus) are hints you can use in the Monsters you see in the first page, those next to Supay Duskwalker and Testudo erat Numen. Using a hint there will reveal another characteristic, similar to those like "Gentle Looking, Green body etc.) So yeah, you have 2 hints pending to be used, and you can use them there in monster 2 or 4, OOOOR wait until phase 2 is on and people starts trying to guess the artwork behind the colored boxes. In that phase using a hint will reveal 3 squares.

6 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

I've been looking at the menu and I'm ready to order xP
Hint on card #2 
and yellow 17 for daily reveal

served, m'lady! I think you also have 1 or 2 hints pending to be used, even though you just used one lol

Just now, Rayfield Lumina said:

Ty Zama, looking forward to that archetype!

About the hint, as I've been trying to tell you, the hints you have been getting (the one you got from the xmas archetype and the one you got from the thread you made for Lazarus) are hints you can use in the Monsters you see in the first page, those next to Supay Duskwalker and Testudo erat Numen. Using a hint there will reveal another characteristic, similar to those like "Gentle Looking, Green body etc.) So yeah, you have 2 hints pending to be used, and you can use them there in monster 2 or 4, OOOOR wait until phase 2 is on and people starts trying to guess the artwork behind the colored boxes. In that phase using a hint will reveal 3 squares.

served, m'lady! I think you also have 1 or 2 hints pending to be used, even though you just used one lol

I was under the impression of "you snooze, you loose" in terms of the daily reveal thing, or you mean I have missing hints for the cards in phase 1? if that is the case I'll use 1 hint to reveal the last clue of card 4, and the last hint on card 2.
Also, I'm about to post a card with my Magician of Faith drawing, so in advance I'll be using it on card 2's last hint once I post it in about 5 minutes xD

I think Nyx is still asleep so I have a shot at not getting ninja'd there before he wakes up and guesses both cards right xD

7 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

I was under the impression of "you snooze, you loose" in terms of the daily reveal thing, or you mean I have missing hints for the cards in phase 1? if that is the case I'll use 1 hint to reveal the last clue of card 4, and the last hint on card 2.
Also, I'm about to post a card with my Magician of Faith drawing, so in advance I'll be using it on card 2's last hint once I post it in about 5 minutes xD

I think Nyx is still asleep so I have a shot at not getting ninja'd there before he wakes up and guesses both cards right xD

Please give me a moment while I compare the hints you have acquired and the ones you have used up. Truly my bad I'm not sure as I should have made notes on that. When I'm done I'll edit this comment and tag you so you get another notification, I think that's only fair.

Counting the card you're about to post the xmas posts should be 8, so I just have to look for the hints used.

@Sleepy I just checked your hints carefully. You have used 6, counting the one you used some minutes ago along with the yellow reveal. Two hints in card 1, two in card 2, and one hint in each 3 and 4.

So, you have 2 hints left with the Festive Magician of Faith you just posted, pretty please with Meloetta on top confirm where do you want to use them n.n

11 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Please give me a moment while I compare the hints you have acquired and the ones you have used up. Truly my bad I'm not sure as I should have made notes on that. When I'm done I'll edit this comment and tag you so you get another notification, I think that's only fair.

Counting the card you're about to post the xmas posts should be 8, so I just have to look for the hints used.

@Sleepy I just checked your hints carefully. You have used 6, counting the one you used some minutes ago along with the yellow reveal. Two hints in card 1, two in card 2, and one hint in each 3 and 4.

So, you have 2 hints left with the Festive Magician of Faith you just posted, pretty please with Meloetta on top confirm where do you want to use them n.n

Then I'll use 1 hint on each of the 2 remaining cards. Let's see the givaway of card 4 at last xD

Is card #4 Doll Monster Bear Bear?
that's gonna be my guess....

I was thinking of "Chaos Grepher" at first because "Unexpected Dai" and Chaos Grepher still being only OCG...
also, Demetto is in the TCG so that part of Cologne's deck can't be..... if there's a Rank 8 somewhere in that deck I'm unaware so I'll cross my fingers for my guess xD

4 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

Is card #4 Doll Monster Bear Bear?
that's gonna be my guess....

I was thinking of "Chaos Grepher" at first because "Unexpected Dai" and Chaos Grepher still being only OCG...
also, Demetto is in the TCG so that part of Cologne's deck can't be..... if there's a Rank 8 somewhere in that deck I'm unaware so I'll cross my fingers for my guess xD

I'm sorry, Sleepy, Doll Monster Bear Bear is not the right answer

1 hour ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

I'll take a guess! Monster #4 Doll Monster Miss Mädchen?

Congratulations, Nyxoo, you got your second Monster Assistant right! Doll Monster Miss Mädchen!

Of course, now everything matches. A monster that is a monster, hint for the name, one that is Summon-able by Unexpected Dai,  OCG exclusive, "your buddy" as a hint related to Box of Friends, and a pal of Princess Cologne. As for the final hint, I wanted players to guess it was Miss because Miss' flavour specifically mentions Cologne, while Bear mentions only Grandpa Demetto. There are artworks of Cologne with the Bear (Doll Happiness) and with Miss (Doll House), so yeah, it was that tiny thing in the flavour.

Random Fact: Since at the time of making the card (or still, I haven't checked) the Beta Card maker wasn't working well (no italics for Normal Mon flavor) I had to look for the exact font and manually add the flavour to the card T_T. Rayfield gets in trouble as always.

1 hour ago, Loleo said:

Is # 2 has naturia written all over it. Amazoness. I don't know! #4 is so well done!

I'll use a hint on #2 and my daily on orange 29

Can't confirm or deny this, hehe. But ty, I gave a good thinking for the 4 of them so they were very hard to guess until Hint 4 or 5. Actually, now that we have come this far and they have only been guessed correctly until hint 5, I think I overdid it with the difficulty, whoops xD.

Anywho, FINAL hint of Phase 1 added, and Orange 29 revealed.

1 hour ago, Loleo said:

Naturia Beast for 2!

Congratulations, Lolololeo, you got that one right! It's the kit-kat-Kitty-Kat Naturia Beast, one of my favourite cards. In this case, the hints are pretty self explanatory. Just look at dat boi's face, puurrrrrr

image.png.859db817bb2044ae3a6bbec3421e331b.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And with this, the Phase 1 officially comes to an end!

Phase 2 is open and running!

Congratulations, Lolololeo, you got that one right! It's the kit-kat-Kitty-Kat Naturia Beast, one of my favourite cards. In this case, the hints are pretty self explanatory. Just look at dat boi's face, puurrrrrr

image.png.859db817bb2044ae3a6bbec3421e331b.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And with this, the Phase 1 officially comes to an end!

Phase 2 is open and running!

Can I guess the picture behind the red square?

4 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Thank you. Let's go Dark Deal!

Dang, I was unable to find the folder with the artworks, WTF? Welp, I'll just download them again... ahem, anywho...

Nyxooo, you're a monster, right again! The gloomy, old as heck Dark Deal is the right answer, another 200 points! How the hell did you identify such obscure card so quickly? You're a pro.

I'll update the scores shortly, but now I gotta go to have dinner!

Dang, I was unable to find the folder with the artworks, WTF? Welp, I'll just download them again... ahem, anywho...

Nyxooo, you're a monster, right again! The gloomy, old as heck Dark Deal is the right answer, another 200 points! How the hell did you identify such obscure card so quickly? You're a pro.

I'll update the scores shortly, but now I gotta go to have dinner!

I got it from the first few lines of that figure. I think that was the easiest of the four. The image was flipped and given a static filter, right?

But that mosaic filtered one? Oof. That's a tough one

9 minutes ago, Lazarus IV said:

O_o

Damn, I leave for one day and all four monsters are guessed and one of the locations is revealed?!

Maybe I should leave more often! xD

It's pretty hardcore stuff xD
but it means we can finally speed through the square unlocking. I kinda wish Rayfield moved the unrevealed items towards the still undiscovered images because it's quite a shame that one was guessed so quickly.

Then again, we only have a couple weeks until Christmas so it's probably good the event is finally advancing like that because phase 3 will probably not be a quick one. n.n

21 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

I got it from the first few lines of that figure. I think that was the easiest of the four. The image was flipped and given a static filter, right?

But that mosaic filtered one? Oof. That's a tough one

Yeah, that's correct. While I consider true that it was kinda the "easiest" distortion, I expected the card to be obscure enough to add to the difficulty, but I suppose that's a No when Da Nyx Avatar is involved xD.

5 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

We haven't revealed enough of purple. Let's go 17 today!

And it's done!

8 hours ago, Lazarus IV said:

O_o

Damn, I leave for one day and all four monsters are guessed and one of the locations is revealed?!

Yeah, yesterday was quite the busy da---

8 hours ago, Lazarus IV said:

Maybe I should leave more often! xD

754879636567228486.png?v=1

7 hours ago, Sleepy said:

It's pretty hardcore stuff xD
but it means we can finally speed through the square unlocking. I kinda wish Rayfield moved the unrevealed items towards the still undiscovered images because it's quite a shame that one was guessed so quickly.

Then again, we only have a couple weeks until Christmas so it's probably good the event is finally advancing like that because phase 3 will probably not be a quick one. n.n

I'm thinking about what to do with the lost items, yeah. If memory serves, only 1 item was revealed in Red Box, so quite a number of items were sent to the GY. I might include some sort of "Limbo Tile" at the Shaddoll's Lair where you can get a random item from those lost... I'm on it, but I'm open to ideas from you guys. Moving the items to the other boxes could be done, but that's making them harder, so IDK.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Points Updated!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Archived