Christmas Event 2021 - Development Thread

Rayfield Lumina

1 hour ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Congratulations, Nyx, you got it right! The first puzzle falls down, and you receive whooping 200 Points!

In case anybody has doubts about the hints:

This is a monster that has two incarnations, Testudo erat Numen, and Numen erat Testudo, essentially the same monster with same effect and swapped stats, Levels 1/5. Their name roughly translate to "The Turtle Once Called God", "Tortoise was god", "The turtle was divine". My intention was to mislead you guys at first with "Divine", which is lowercase instead of the capitalized "DIVINE" of the Attribute. Tried to trick you into thinking it was an Egyptian God, but Hint 3 was asked at the same time and it wasn't possible lol. Likes tall places because in both it is seen watching over the place, presumably Forgotten Temple of the Deep before and after its destruction, from a column and a pedestal of sorts. Pink Shell was the "giveaway" hint.

Oh and btw, I was intending to approve the answer regardless of if the answer was either of the two. I have Testudo erat Numen prepared for the image, so good thing it was that the answer xD

The Turtle liking high places reminds me of a DR Seus Book...

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Magileine wasn't chosen I believe, I can choose her instead of Pekorina if you want her in the character roster n.n
I dig madolches and witch aesthetics so it is a win win. The only thing that prevented me from grabbing it in my previous post is that I have no idea what Tomes are. I've got the gist that we'll find them in phase 3 as we move but I don't know to what extent is this hability gonna do anything.

Regardless, if nobody else has, I'll call dibs.

Just now, Sleepy said:

Magileine wasn't chosen I believe, I can choose her instead of Pekorina if you want her in the character roster n.n
I dig madolches and witch aesthetics so it is a win win. The only thing that prevented me from grabbing it in my previous post is that I have no idea what Tomes are. I've got the gist that we'll find them in phase 3 as we move but I don't know to what extent is this hability gonna do anything.

If you do that, I can pick up Pekorina and @Draconus297 can play Watt Giraffe.

To be fair though Pekorina does seem perfect for you.

8 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Glad to see our main character is appreciated at last. I dunno why I haven't truly explained how the Tomes work, but I suppose this moment is good as it can be:

Magic Tomes are a type of Item that is added permanently to your Inventory, but that is limited to 1 use per day and recovers the next. 6 different tomes in existence that correspond to each Attribute. Attributes last year were underused since only Familiars could make use of that, but now tomes take advantage of them to inflict 1.5x damage on foes with the opposite Attribute. In addition, Tomes are not only a simple offensive attack, they all have 2 "Spells" in them, but once one is used, the Tome is consumed until the next day. Second effect ranges from "Evasion", "Regen", "Status Lock", "Instant Death (low % of success), Enfeeble (lowers an opponent's selected stat each turn) and something else I haven't decided yet lol.

8 hours ago, Loleo said:

If you do that, I can pick up Pekorina and @Draconus297 can play Watt Giraffe.

To be fair though Pekorina does seem perfect for you.

Sounds like a plan :)  There are other characters out there if Pecorinna doesn't convince you, though. 

32 minutes ago, Lazarus IV said:

Gonna use my Windwitch/Ice Counter deck hint for card #1 and I'll use my daily to open Blue 25.

Let's hopefully get an item!

Alrighto, added the hint and revealed 25. Unfortunately, there was no item there xD

33 minutes ago, Lazarus IV said:

Oh, I've got another archetype in the works. I like the thematic concept, but I can't nail down a good design...

Looking forward to it. I've already gave a good look at the Deck you created.

Fun Fact: Just last night I dreamed of actually making that deck, heck of a weird brain I have @_@ 

~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~

Very well then, @Zefra Zamazenta, @Loleo, @The Nyx Avatar you have 1 hint pending to be used, and @Sleepy, you have 2 pending hints. Pls use them on the Monster Assistants!

I'll take hints for cards 1 and 4, and reveal yellow 20 please.

Edit~

Actually.... I'm first keeping the reveals I just wrote in case I reveal an item, but I wanna try a wild guess. Is the "spellcaster that wears a cape" White Magical Hat?

5 hours ago, Sleepy said:

I'll take hints for cards 1 and 4, and reveal yellow 20 please.

Edit~

Actually.... I'm first keeping the reveals I just wrote in case I reveal an item, but I wanna try a wild guess. Is the "spellcaster that wears a cape" White Magical Hat?

Wait wait, you're only revealing Yellow 20 and not using up your hints, is that correct?

1 hour ago, Loleo said:

Daily 16 hint on card 4

Lol, Loleo, I can't tell if that's yellow or orange xD. I'll wait for your answer to make the reveal, don't wanna screw up.

28 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Wait wait, you're only revealing Yellow 20 and not using up your hints, is that correct?

Lol, Loleo, I can't tell if that's yellow or orange xD. I'll wait for your answer to make the reveal, don't wanna screw up.

Umm I was gonna use the hint either way but yeah I guess I'll do the guess and if it is wrong I'll use up the hint as stated.

1 hour ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

yellow sorry

48 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

Umm I was gonna use the hint either way but yeah I guess I'll do the guess and if it is wrong I'll use up the hint as stated.

Alrighty. Unfortunately, it's not White Magical Hat x_x

In contrast, you obtained a Shield from that Yellow 20!

2 minutes ago, Loleo said:

yellow sorry

no biggie. You can keep using colors, I like that myself, but if you use yellow, select a very bright one lol. I use dark mode, after all.

There was nothing below that tile, but keep trying, you'll find an item soon!

1 hour ago, Lazarus IV said:

Ooh, I can guess again!

Is card #1 Pikeru?

(it would totally fit your MO xD)

MO = Modus operandi? xD

But I'm afraid that, while Pikeru is cute daughter material I would have liked to include, she couldn't make it to this event -_- Nice try, tho!

47 minutes ago, Zefra Zamazenta said:

Hmmm so do I have to make another Xmas post for another hint?

No no, you still have 1 hint that you gained with your archetype. You can use it to reveal 1 characteristic of Card #1 OR 2 OR 4, you just gotta tell me where to use it. Of course, if you make more xmas posts you'll receive more hints and points!

Heyo, I'm back! Sorry about skipping out the last couple of days, it's been and is going to be a busy week. That said, if I can use my daily reveals after the fact, let's go with Red 8 and 2 and (recalling what you said about only allowing 9 per grid until phase 2)  Orange 1. If I can't, just gimme Red 8, if you would. Also, is card 1 "Ghostrick Witch?"

9 hours ago, morrisoni4 said:

Heyo, I'm back! Sorry about skipping out the last couple of days, it's been and is going to be a busy week. That said, if I can use my daily reveals after the fact, let's go with Red 8 and 2 and (recalling what you said about only allowing 9 per grid until phase 2)  Orange 1. If I can't, just gimme Red 8, if you would. Also, is card 1 "Ghostrick Witch?"

Nothing to apologize for, glad to see you around )

And welp, I'm afraid I can only make one reveal for you, Red 8. As you surely remember, making reveal within Phase 1 is something I didn't even intend from the start, so allowing "accumulated" reveals, or making guesses of the cards behind the tiles is not allowed for now. I hope you can understand n.n

Nuuuh, I'm afraid Ghostrick Witch is not the right answer xD

36 minutes ago, Loleo said:

For #1 there are a lot of charmer's and Gishiki (water MO?) that fit the bill, but I wanted to guess not Magical Undertaker not Fire Sorceress.

My Guess for #1 is MAGICIAN OF FAITH!

Also Daily on Orange 15

Second person who tolds me about the MO? What in the world is MO if it's not modus operandi? LMAO

Opened Orange 15... and behind it there's a Magic Tome - Umbran! You're a man of darkness, after all

But also nuuuuh... it's not Magician of Faith xD

Oh, I received the notif of a your new creation. I'll check that in some minutes.

1 hour ago, Lazarus IV said:

I'm gonna jump away from the Blue tiles for a sec and use my daily on: Orange 16!

The orange box takes a violent hit. Lazarus, you're being a jerk with the Orange box (hey, Tink, “The crow calls the raven black”, they say) xD

12 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Alright, everyone. I've been going through something important, but that's been solved. I'm happy to say I'm back.

Truly glad to have you back n.n

696753228259393567.png?size=96

Archived