Christmas Event 2021 - Development Thread

Rayfield Lumina

1 hour ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

No one's touched orange. I get Autumn is on the brink of ending, but someone reveal a square!

Autumn Box takes a hit

39 minutes ago, Lazarus IV said:

For my daily, I'll open: Blue 19

Hey @Rayfield Lumina, if I post card dumps of some of my random cards over the past few months and post a single Christmas/Winter-themed card within that group, would that count as a "Christmas Post"?  Not trying to game the system, but posting a single, uninspired "Wintery" card feels more like low-effort content than posting it alongside a whole bunch of random cards (even if the rest aren't thematic).

The event is not going particularly well sadly, so this kind of activity is welcome, and tbh I don't see how your suggestion breaks any rule. If you can, though, make it so the Christmas Card stands out from the others somehow, using a different font color or separating it from the others with ~~~~~ or anything you wish. Of course, since it's only a new card, I can only give you 100 points even if the thread has multiples.

5 minutes ago, morrisoni4 said:

Well I don't have a hint today, but I'll use my daily reveal for Red 20 (because yes, I'm sticking to that until we can figure it out xD)

Alright, good strategy. I'm amazed how only 1 Item has been revealed so far, that's kinda statistically very unlikely given the number of items present in the boxes xD. I left you feedback in your lastest xmas post, btw.

~~~~~~~~~~

And guys, I know the puzzles right now look difficult, but do not give up in revealing more and more squares, eventually you will be able to identify them, you can do it!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Okay. I'm not sure if this thread counts as a Christmas post. Does it?

Yeah, an xmas-related post will always be awarded & appreciated. You didn't tag me there, but I suppose that would have been strange given the type of thread it is, also you mentioned it along with a link, so I guess there's no problem. You get 100 points and a hint for Phase 1

11 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Yeah, an xmas-related post will always be awarded & appreciated. You didn't tag me there, but I suppose that would have been strange given the type of thread it is, also you mentioned it along with a link, so I guess there's no problem. You get 100 points and a hint for Phase 1

Alright. May I declare 4 squares?

My daily, and 3 for the thread I made?

Alright. May I declare 4 squares?

My daily, and 3 for the thread I made?

I'm sorry, but since we're still at Phase 1 you'll have to either use the hint in the Monster Assistants or keep the hint until we reach Phase 2. I'm allowing participants to reveal squares of the boxes because they're relatively hard, but the participants are supposed to focus in the Monster Assistants first.

37 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

I'm sorry, but since we're still at Phase 1 you'll have to either use the hint in the Monster Assistants or keep the hint until we reach Phase 2. I'm allowing participants to reveal squares of the boxes because they're relatively hard, but the participants are supposed to focus in the Monster Assistants first.

Then I'll just settle on my daily. Purple 7.

Also, can you update my Points?

Welp, for the time being I'll tag the people who has made xmas posts, since the others aren't actively participating (but anyone who sees this and wants to participate in Phase 3 should consider it)

@Draconus297 @morrisoni4 @Lazarus IV @Sleepy @The Nyx Avatar the character cards have been uploaded (page 1, section 3 "Shaddoll's Lair"). You should have a look at them and start thinking which character you're going to pick, because this is a case of "dibs on dat one", though of course you can negotiate with other players if they got the one you wanted.

Phew, some hard work there xD

4 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Welp, for the time being I'll tag the people who has made xmas posts, since the others aren't actively participating (but anyone who sees this and wants to participate in Phase 3 should consider it)

@Draconus297 @morrisoni4 @Lazarus IV @Sleepy @The Nyx Avatar the character cards have been uploaded (page 1, section 3 "Shaddoll's Lair"). You should have a look at them and start thinking which character you're going to pick, because this is a case of "dibs on dat one", though of course you can negotiate with other players if they got the one you wanted.

Phew, some hard work there xD

I dibs Clara & Rushka!

I think I'm a little behind. If I understand this correctly, can I use a hint on card #4 and reveal yellow 22?

10 minutes ago, morrisoni4 said:

I call Fluffal Dog! And can I get Red 14 for my daily, plz? Thanks!

He looked nice. If he's already called and we can pick now I want Watt Giraffe.

I'll have Pecorinna since Wattgiraffe was already called..... twice xD
and because I originally suggested that character be added regardless of the effect given here.

Last year I was always exploring the path so my HP was low anyways, so this might work out well.

I'll take 17 from the daily reveal on the first one (as in, the first image).
I haven't been using any revealse.... like, isn't that supposed to be phase 2?
But regardless, if everybody is doing it, I guess I'm just missing out

Also, for my latest drawing I'd like the missing hint for card 3 please.

whew, finally free to start updating and replying:

16 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

I dibs Clara & Rushka!

Alright. Did you like the stats and special?

15 hours ago, morrisoni4 said:

I call Fluffal Dog! And can I get Red 14 for my daily, plz? Thanks!

Red 14 open. Lol Fluffal dog is too cute, and now that I think about it, I'm not surprised you chose it xD

15 hours ago, Loleo said:

I think I'm a little behind. If I understand this correctly, can I use a hint on card #4 and reveal yellow 22?

He looked nice. If he's already called and we can pick now I want Watt Giraffe.

In order to ask for hints (Phase 1, a hint for the Assistant Monsters, Phase 2, Triple reveal, you got to make an Xmas Post. Single or archetype YGO cards with xmas theme, poems, drawings, or since it's you, a musical composition, that'd be amazing! Of course, making cards is much easier and less time consuming. It's up to you. Anywho, Yellow 22 revealed

Wattgiraffe, gotcha!

14 hours ago, Lazarus IV said:

I might pick Magikuriboh.  Gonna be a one-hit wonder every day xD

O'Lantern and Goat actually look like fun to play though... I think I'll decide when it gets closer/see what others pick.

Magikuriboh be powerful, no one should underestimate the ball of fur xD. But yeah, you still got many days to think about it.

14 hours ago, Draconus297 said:

Red 9 for my daily reveal, and I'm just gonna put my chip down on Wattgiraffe.

The (in)famous Draco-bad luck gives you a breather, as you have found a Robe in Red 9! (MDEF +1). Wattgiraffe was already taken by Loleo, so you can either negotiate with him or choose another critter xD.

A new day, a new block. Let's go block 36!

Well, I have yet to use my hint for any cards. And since no one's asked for a hint for card 4...could I request a hint for that card?

Box with best color takes another hit... and you reveal a Sword, congratz!

Also added a hint for Monster Assistant #4

12 hours ago, Sleepy said:

I'll have Pecorinna since Wattgiraffe was already called..... twice xD
and because I originally suggested that character be added regardless of the effect given here.

Last year I was always exploring the path so my HP was low anyways, so this might work out well.

"Regardless of the effect given" sounds like, eww, I didn't like it xD. Thing is, Sheeps can get angree if things look dire to them, soooo

image.png.a0dfe45b6b8f8ccd590c6ee8f0aa0003.png Credit to this idea goes for a friend who is discreet and doesn't like their name to be mentioned sometimes xD

2 hours ago, Lazarus IV said:

I'm going Blue 27 for my daily reveal.

Man, I still have no idea about card #3 xD. I actually have a new post idea, just need to figure out how to do it...

Rererererevealed. C'mooooon, you can do it, we need more hints xD

1 hour ago, Sleepy said:

I'll take 17 from the daily reveal on the first one (as in, the first image).
I haven't been using any revealse.... like, isn't that supposed to be phase 2?
But regardless, if everybody is doing it, I guess I'm just missing out

Also, for my latest drawing I'd like the missing hint for card 3 please.

So everyone knows:

It really wasn't my intention to start allowing daily reveals until Phase 2 was running, but people started posting and asking for the reveals, and I was like, welp, it's generating activity, and many of the boxes aren't super easy, I'll guess I'll keep this up. BUT, here's something I decided too:

The max amount of reveals I allow per box while we're at Phase 1 is 9, or in other words, a quarter of the box. If a box reach the limit, pick another one or wait until Phase 2 to ask for more daily reveals.

Hint added! Monster Assistant #3 is finally all bare!

32 minutes ago, Loleo said:

I'll do 29 for my daily

Alrighto, revealed!

~~~~~~

Whew, too many replies

753348220008267791.png?v=1

Just now, Rayfield Lumina said:

In order to ask for hints (Phase 1, a hint for the Assistant Monsters, Phase 2, Triple reveal, you got to make an Xmas Post. Single or archetype YGO cards with xmas theme, poems, drawings, or since it's you, a musical composition, that'd be amazing! Of course, making cards is much easier and less time consuming. It's up to you. Anywho, Yellow 22 revealed

I posted and made a Christmas card before making this reply but I'm not surprised you didn't see it should I link it?

So everyone knows:

It really wasn't my intention to start allowing daily reveals until Phase 2 was running, but people started posting and asking for the reveals, and I was like, welp, it's generating activity, and many of the boxes aren't super easy, I'll guess I'll keep this up. BUT, here's something I decided too:

Even though I started late I feel guilty now.

Whew, too many replies

753348220008267791.png?v=1

Thanks for your effort ray this has turned out really great so far.

Just now, Loleo said:

I posted and made a Christmas card before making this reply but I'm not surprised you didn't see it should I link it?

Oh yes, the rules state you gotta tag me >_<''. Perhaps you didn't read the rules at the Event thread? I used bold to stand out the tagging part xD. Anywho, yes, please send me a tag

Just now, Loleo said:

Even though I started late I feel guilty now.

It's ok, you must be busy IRL. Hopefully you'll be able to stick a bit more often now n.n

Just now, Loleo said:

Thanks for your effort ray this has turned out really great so far.

Thank you thank you !!

579632605247307787.gif?size=96

13 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Hm...is monster #3 Tetsudo erat Numen?

Congratulations, Nyx, you got it right! The first puzzle falls down, and you receive whooping 200 Points!

In case anybody has doubts about the hints:

This is a monster that has two incarnations, Testudo erat Numen, and Numen erat Testudo, essentially the same monster with same effect and swapped stats, Levels 1/5. Their name roughly translate to "The Turtle Once Called God", "Tortoise was god", "The turtle was divine". My intention was to mislead you guys at first with "Divine", which is lowercase instead of the capitalized "DIVINE" of the Attribute. Tried to trick you into thinking it was an Egyptian God, but Hint 3 was asked at the same time and it wasn't possible lol. Likes tall places because in both it is seen watching over the place, presumably Forgotten Temple of the Deep before and after its destruction, from a column and a pedestal of sorts. Pink Shell was the "giveaway" hint.

Oh and btw, I was intending to approve the answer regardless of if the answer was either of the two. I have Testudo erat Numen prepared for the image, so good thing it was that the answer xD

35 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Congratulations, Nyx, you got it right! The first puzzle falls down, and you receive whooping 200 Points!

In case anybody has doubts about the hints:

This is a monster that has two incarnations, Testudo erat Numen, and Numen erat Testudo, essentially the same monster with same effect and swapped stats, Levels 1/5. Their name roughly translate to "The Turtle Once Called God", "Tortoise was god", "The turtle was divine". My intention was to mislead you guys at first with "Divine", which is lowercase instead of the capitalized "DIVINE" of the Attribute. Tried to trick you into thinking it was an Egyptian God, but Hint 3 was asked at the same time and it wasn't possible lol. Likes tall places because in both it is seen watching over the place, presumably Forgotten Temple of the Deep before and after its destruction, from a column and a pedestal of sorts. Pink Shell was the "giveaway" hint.

Oh and btw, I was intending to approve the answer regardless of if the answer was either of the two. I have Testudo erat Numen prepared for the image, so good thing it was that the answer xD

Awesome!

Also, to answer one of your older questions I hadn't answered yet, no. Clara & Rushka's effect and stats were more of a second thought as to why I chose her. Same goes for Wretched Ghost of the Attic. I go aesthetic first, playstyle second. Same goes for real life Yugioh.

While I'm at it, can I take a wild guess at the card is behind the red square?

Just now, The Nyx Avatar said:

Awesome!

Also, to answer one of your older questions I hadn't answered yet, no. Clara & Rushka's effect and stats were more of a second thought as to why I chose her. Same goes for Wretched Ghost of the Attic. I go aesthetic first, playstyle second. Same goes for real life Yugioh

Fair enough

Just now, The Nyx Avatar said:

While I'm at it, can I take a wild guess at the card is behind the red square?

Ummm... that'd be pushing it, we're officially at Phase 1, and the daily reveals, as mentioned before, aren't supposed to be a thing until Phase 2 was running. Please wait until we're at Phase 2 to make a guess on them.

Archived