Christmas Event 2021 - Development Thread

Rayfield Lumina

Just now, The Nyx Avatar said:

Nope. Too much going on in this art.

Can I request another reduction? And/or the removal of 1 and 33?

Hehe, please wait untill tomorrow. From yesterday, I used a reduction, and from today, 8 and 29 were removed. What I could suggest is that, if you'd like, make an Xmas Post (we're still on time). You could reveal another 5, or request a double reduction (probs an almost giveaway and a better idea since that puzzle has no Items left)

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rayfield Lumina said:

There you go, Nyx, the defenses can't get any weaker (except no distortion at all). Can you guess the card?

I knew it! I knew it! I fucking knew it! I knew it was gonna turn out to be a card from Abyss Actor, Dream Mirror, or one of those other archetypes I'm not familiar with. I just...didn't know which one. I could not make heads or tails of which for weeks. And now, I finally see it. The card is...Abyss Actors' Curtain Call!

:7610_key:

3 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

I knew it! I knew it! I fucking knew it! I knew it was gonna turn out to be a card from Abyss Actor, Dream Mirror, or one of those other archetypes I'm not familiar with. I just...didn't know which one. I could not make heads or tails of which for weeks. And now, I finally see it. The card is...Abyss Actors' Curtain Call!

:7610_key:

Where are you getting thise Miku emojis *envy ensues*

Ahem, congratulations,  you got another one! 200 points for ya!

2 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Where are you getting thise Miku emojis *envy ensues*

Ahem, congratulations,  you got another one! 200 points for ya!

off topic but figured would mention, if you go into the emotes (the smiley on the bar above the message) and go to the bottom you'll find the Last Vestiges of the old mod team

Where we decided to add emotes to ycm, really wish we had done more of them before giving up modship:526090_key:

:SnoopDogg:

20 hours ago, Lazarus IV said:

Popping back in here before I forget. Looks like y'all were productive, two more things guessed in my absence 😅

I guess I'll just open up Blue 17 & 20, and if you'll let me I'd also like to open Blue 24 & 29.

You've been hitting Blue all the way, you gotta take revenge on that one, Lazarus! Will you give it another shot or wait until more squares are removed?

Anyway, you obtained yet another Magic Tome! This time, Umbran. I think you hit the jackpot, choosing Magikuriboh.

18 hours ago, TheImmaculateDreadLordCowCow said:

off topic but figured would mention, if you go into the emotes (the smiley on the bar above the message) and go to the bottom you'll find the Last Vestiges of the old mod team

Where we decided to add emotes to ycm, really wish we had done more of them before giving up modship:526090_key:

I never noticed this! I always use the colon method to access the emojis quickly. Sorry guys, this info is too valuable, Cow wins the event :v

:7609_key:

Also, what's with Sakura's pfp as emoji, eww xD

3 hours ago, morrisoni4 said:

New day, new reveals: Orange 36 and 10 please!

Served, my friend. No items found, sadly, but hey, there are 7 items in sight! If you find the 8th one of that box, you'll be able to start requesting distortion reductions.

1 hour ago, Loleo said:

Orange 14,17, and 20-23 please!

Glad to have you back, Loleo! You're welcomed with an item, Seven Tools of the Bandit (Key)

Wow, guys, I check like 3 ours ago and it was all calm, then suddenly a barrage of attacks and the two remaining puzzles lost all of their basic defenses!

2 hours ago, Loleo said:

For my daily clearing up a bit, Orange 18 and blue 2

and with my last hint Blue 10, 15, 28, 30, 33

I'll get to guessing >:)

Alrighty, you found a Tome of Magic - Blaze! That >:) face... you have something up your sleeve?

1 hour ago, morrisoni4 said:

I wish I had some idea of what I'm looking at... Oh well. As is, not a clue what to guess. Orange 11 and 19 for today, please. And that last item wouldn't hurt! xD

That last item that wouldn't hurt is a Quantum Cube! And welp, if it helps, remember the general rule: Two each of monsters, Spell and Traps, and 2 Traps, 1 Spell and 1 monster has been revealed.

59 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

If nothing else, reveal the spaces Orange 22 and Blue 31 please and thank you

There you go, Nyx :7624_key:Those bois Loleo and Morris took the last items from those boxes, but there are many left in the other grids. 

58 minutes ago, Lazarus IV said:

...which leaves Blue 1 and Orange 24. I'll open those, I suppose.

Ooof, and with that, they're gone!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Reminder for everyone:

Since all Items from Orange and Blue are revealed, you can start asking for slight Distortion Reductions. Consider that in your strategy starting tomorrow if you're set in guessing the last cards. Buy hey, please don't stop yourself from posting waiting for the others to request reductions so yours is the definitive one, maybe your request will be enough to allow you to get it right!

Archived