Return Thread

Frunk

I never really wanted to do this but this is my last night on here for awhile. You see, this is my last year of middle school and I really have a lot of stuff to juggle with outside of school as well. Also, I'm kinda starting to pay more attention to reality outside of YCM. No I'm not gonna completely abandon you guys, you all have a special place engraved somewhere in my heart(sounds cheesey but you know what I mean). I'll always try to stop on here whenever I have a lot of free time or a holiday. See you guys soon!
Love,
The Trap

How can I survive YCM Lunatic mode without Frederick though?! D:

Dang so many people leaving. Well, that's probably for the best, school stuff is very important, so good luck with that buddy. :)

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can I survive YCM Lunatic mode without Frederick though?! D:
Dang so many people leaving. Well, that's probably for the best, school stuff is very important, so good luck with that buddy. :)

Thanks man. I'll return and help you man the lines though. Like I said, can't leave all my YCM buddies behind.

I posted a status, but I figured it would be more... Fitting to do it here. I've taken breaks from YCM in the past, but there was always something I had in mind to do, but never did. Tonight, I will be scrambling my password here on YCM to where I am unable to log in anymore. My email that corresponds to this account no longer works, so once I do this, there will be no return for Birdie.

I won't bother talking about why, it's a really long f***ing story and it's really unnecessary for me to go into. Short version is that there are a lot of people I don't like here lately, and I'm not happy with the direction YCM appears to be going. Things here lately have been high strung and the gap between the staff and the members feels absolutely wider than ever.

With that said, I don't really want to single anyone out, for bad or for the good things I want to say. I was always a bit... Reserved for a while here, and even now I don't talk to people very often. I won't be giving out my Skype address, nor is it likely I would accept anyone who sends an invite. This is a chapter of my life, that while I won't forget it, I feel as though it might be time to move on from.

Black's Birdie is out.

Although we never spoke for more than a minute in statuses, I feel like we're losing a key member of YCM. However, any time spent away from here after being here for so long is good, so I don't disagree with your decision. Good luck and have fun wherever life takes you.

Also, be sure to log out of all your computers and your mobile devices.

I posted a status, but I figured it would be more... Fitting to do it here. I've taken breaks from YCM in the past, but there was always something I had in mind to do, but never did. Tonight, I will be scrambling my password here on YCM to where I am unable to log in anymore. My email that corresponds to this account no longer works, so once I do this, there will be no return for Birdie.

I won't bother talking about why, it's a really long f***ing story and it's really unnecessary for me to go into. Short version is that there are a lot of people I don't like here lately, and I'm not happy with the direction YCM appears to be going. Things here lately have been high strung and the gap between the staff and the members feels absolutely wider than ever.

With that said, I don't really want to single anyone out, for bad or for the good things I want to say. I was always a bit... Reserved for a while here, and even now I don't talk to people very often. I won't be giving out my Skype address, nor is it likely I would accept anyone who sends an invite. This is a chapter of my life, that while I won't forget it, I feel as though it might be time to move on from.

Black's Birdie is out.

I never really wanted to do this but this is my last night on here for awhile. You see, this is my last year of middle school and I really have a lot of stuff to juggle with outside of school as well. Also, I'm kinda starting to pay more attention to reality outside of YCM. No I'm not gonna completely abandon you guys, you all have a special place engraved somewhere in my heart(sounds cheesey but you know what I mean). I'll always try to stop on here whenever I have a lot of free time or a holiday. See you guys soon!
Love,
The Trap

Well these are both very upsetting. At least Kirito's coming back, but I feel little bit more sad now. I've only known you guys for a little while, but in Caeda's case not very long, but you guys are both such positive presences that I feel a little like crying right now. Caeda I wish you the best of luck (even though I kind of wanna see your and blacks AMA, and maybe you and black will still do that), but I can't help say that I'll hope against hope that you'll one day return.

In lieu of the recent leavings...

It would appear as if everyone's favorite idol has to take a leave for a while. She's been rather busy with travelling the world doing live shows and recording songs. I would've loved to stay here and chat to you guys all day but it seems like it's impossible. You might've noticed that I've been online less and less, and that's all because real life is far too busy lately. No, I won't suddenly take my mic and go home. I will be... Fizzling out, little by little, just like every idol does after she releases her third album. 

I won't truly leave this site because I'm about as addicted to it as your uncle Jim is addicted to cheap beer, but I won't be here as often. You guys will all remain in my heart forever though. *puts hands together in a heart shape and winks* Ehe~ I genuinely love each and every one of you from the center part of my heart. 

When the manager decides I can take a break, I'll definitely come back here and talk to all of you, but for the most part, I'll be on Skype. I'm always open for a chat there, y'know. As for Zai and Ain, I'll still be around for SF so don't worry about that. 

Final messages? Well, I would love to write my thoughts and feelings about each and every one of you, but there'll be a lot to write and my plane to Seoul is taking off soon. The most I can do is sing a song, so... Here you go.

Re: To RC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1GHd4oVC-w

My turn there is over now. It's your turn to take up the brush and continue the painting. You're running to a bright future, now. I've been covered with kindness, I've led the place, so now it's your time to do it. RC is the place I visited the most, so obviously it's really special to me~

Re: To my friends

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5xDb5zd7bA

Well... I suppose the song speaks for itself, doesn't it? I won't say farewell, because I'm sure we will meet again someday. I'll cherish these 2 years inside the center part of my heart, that's for sure. 

[hr]

With sweetness and love, Toyo. 

Thanks for coming and see you next time!

Dear Toyo,

You an absolute beauty and the countless sweat stains that liter the desolate halls of YCM will be revered and worshiped (hopefully to a religious degree in the coming centuries) at your passing. I didn't get to know you probably as well as I should have but I recognize your important by the varying degrees of respect by beloved and hated colleagues bear for you. May a chorus of angels sing you in a transition into the dear afterlife that lies beyond the keyboard of this magnificent site. Bon Voyage! 

In Memory of Toyo: 

http://youtu.be/5FGpYiaLAmM

Well, I'm out for at least a week of my own free will. 
I might jump on to vote for the final 2 rounds of the SACT, but other than that, I need to focus more and not have my thoughts occupied by so many things, even though I love this site and its members. You guys have been great.

Not a permanent goodbye, mind you, but I will be gone for a while.

I was planning for this to have a bit more content, but… 

I have nothing.

Well, I'm out for at least a week of my own free will. 
I might jump on to vote for the final 2 rounds of the SACT, but other than that, I need to focus more and not have my thoughts occupied by so many things, even though I love this site and its members. You guys have been great.

Not a permanent goodbye, mind you, but I will be gone for a while.

I was planning for this to have a bit more content, but… 

I have nothing.

Well, that's a good idea, in all honestly. But gonna be weird without you around...if the site doesn't die within the next few days that is...

I can't fanboy over Yuru Yuri or Fire Emblem as easily now. D:

I guess this is it for me too. The site's really unstable and my work is entering a very tough time where I need to focus. Staying here would distract me too much.

I'll still be around Skype and in the YCM calls whenever I can.

My return has been fun, but all fun things must come to an end.

Adieu, mes amis.

Rod, I am really gonna miss you next spoiler season, and the whole time in between. I hope you have a wonderful life.

TGM/My eternal rival Himarawi Furutani, I really hope the site lasts long enough to see your glorious return.

I can't fanboy over Yuru Yuri easily now. D:

Thanks man. Feelin' appreciated. (I kid, I kid)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll try to keep it brief since I really don't want to spend much more time on this site than I have to in case I change my mind.

I'm leaving, hopefully for good since I really don't want to come back and have to deal with what I have been. It's been something I've been contemplating for a long time due to reasons I'll state later, but my history with the site has stopped me from leaving again and again. I know I should have already left this place by this point.

Anyway, I'm sure most of you don't care any more beyond this point but I'm going to go on to talk about why I'm leaving regardless. The first is that this community has outgrown people like me while I have also outgrown it. The community no longer needs people like me in order to provide entertainment while I also have no fun being here. This has distressed me for a small while, making me feel physically unwell as I lurked through pages and pages of what felt like meaningless content to me. I thought it was just a phase, but it just hasn't gone away... in fact, the pain I've been feeling due to it has been increasingly getting worse.

The second reason is due to not so recent changes that people who frequented the same section as me should have realized a while ago. I've basically quit playing YGO, which has caused my activity on this site to nearly completely stop. I make the occasional comment in the TCG section regardless, but it's mainly just to call people out on their stupidity or attempt to correct people once in a blue moon. But seeing as how I've quit, it leaves me questioning about how else I'm going to be able to contribute to the community. And the important part is that I could not fathom a single way I would be able to.

That's enough droning on about that though. Most of you are probably reading this for some to find out who makes it into my good books or some s*** like that, so might as well humour you since I'm probably not going to see half of you again.

• Rai: This is going to seem like a weird one to a lot of people I would imagine, potentially even Rai himself. No matter what has happened in my stay on YCM, you have probably always been one of the members that I've been able to respect the most. If I had it my way, you'd easily be one of the shining stars in the community and one of the most popular members by far. I wish you the best of luck in life in all honestly and I hope that your endeavours bring you all the joy that you could ever want.
  • Black: This was a pretty obvious one considering how a lot of people consider us inseparable despite our past. The only thing I have to say regarding you is that if you continue trying, you will get to that goal you're striving towards. It might be harder now that I'm not around here any more, but I'm sure you'll get there.
  • Masao: And now comes the part where I give shout-outs to random people who I've had barely any interaction with, especially since in this case you'll probably never see it. Your work here is appreciated by me a great deal, since you're one of the people who I can trust in improving the TCG section by just continuing to post.
  • Lord CowCow: Another new member who I've barely had any interactions with, which is something I must say with a heavy heart. I did want to be able to talk to you more, just because of how chill you seem. I can easily see you becoming one of the most popular members on the forum in the coming months if you aren't already considered that by people already. Wouldn't be surprised on that last part either.
  • Night and evilfusion: I'll keep this one incredibly brief, since it applies to both of you. You two are incredibly chill dudes who I have respected for a long time on this site. I just hope that you can do enough with the moderating team where you can keep everything in order, as I can see things getting chaotic very easily in the future.
You guys were probably expecting a longer list than that, but those are the only people I can really give any form of acknowledgement towards since the rest of you had absolutely no impact on me during my run on YCM whatsoever. This leave will be taking place as soon as I post this on the site, before I change my mind and stick to the site again purely out of nostalgia. Will I be back? Maybe. Most probably not, but I might drop in again in the future.

If any of you guys need to contact me, just ask someone like Black to give you my Skype or something. I'll be glad to talk to most of you, although there may be some exceptions. That just about covers everything I wanted to talk about, so...

Without further adieu, ciao.

Archived