Return Thread

Frunk

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm only wondering how nostalgic this site will get when I'm long gone from it. Like listening to a soundtrack from a video game that I played or watching a movie that I couldn't stop watching as a kid. The thought is just overwhelming.

I also wanted to say this:
Black, I feel that you were one of the most misunderstood people here. I'm glad I got to see past that and know you better. Not as much as I would have liked, but I saw plenty.

I only wish more could have seen past what they thought to be you to see you for who you really were- an all around good person. 

I remember you actually addressed me in like the last few seconds last time you made one of these videos.

For something actually relevant: do well with whatever you wanted to do and be sure to treat Aubrey really well because there's only so much I can do from over Skype.

I'll probably remember you, though. I still remember people from 2006, after all.

Oh, and in terms of Thar, we've already spoken about this, you know.

Anyway, just make sure to keep her happy and stuff. That's all that really matters to me.

And remember your own self-worth, too, for both your sakes.

....Oh. Man....Black....Goodbye Black...I....damn it. I'll miss you, you're a wonderful person and I always really liked hearing what you had to say. You were for sure one of the best members...it's going to be weird without you here.

*hugs* I hope we can talk sometime still. I'm bad at this stuff, despite what it might seem...So like...I don't even know what to say right now...Goodbye. And have a wonderful life you so deserve.

I don't have much to say, so I'll be brief.

Despite my history of being a pompous bitch, seeing some familiar faces here was rather refreshing. Can't say I find new respect for any of them, nor can I say the same for them with me, but I honestly find myself feeling a bit guilty for going out the way I did. At the time, I thought I went out in a blaze of glory and I never looked back with any regret, but after being brought back, it's like having salt thrown on wounds I never thought I had.

In the end, all I did was make a fool of myself. YCMaker did the right thing banning me for good despite not being the best example of an admin himself. At least he has that much to show for whatever's good about him, plus he's managed to keep this site up and running for 8 long years, even with all this activity. Granted, he's had help from the moderators for better or for worse, but nonetheless, without him, we would not have reached this point and any time further.

So without further ado, I'll take this opportunity to say one last friendly goodbye to all of you. Let all bygones be bygones and do not let the past hold you down from where you plan to go. I'm gonna keep this in mind as I return to my life away from here and I hope everyone I've come to know does the same in their own departure.

Chao!

Farewell, Black.

Thank you very much for your support: for your reviews, for acknowledging me and my progress on card design, hell even for correcting me, albeit bluntly, back when I didn't know about the game and made stupid comments on RC/TCG.

I don't know what else to say. We both have been here for a while but we didn't interact with each other that much until recently, and now you are leaving. But in the end, I think I managed to take a glance at the noble person behind that mask of toughness. I wish I had more time for getting to know you better, but it is too late now.

Again, farewell. And I wish you the best, because you deserve it. You are a great person, never forget that; regardless of what other people say, or if you ever find yourself thinking otherwise.

Also wish I could have get that last review, but it doesn't matter now.

Goodbye, Black. Never got to really know you, but I did come to understand that you are a nice guy beneath all that condescension you often use. Sad to have such an important member of the community leave.

On another note, this thread will only be for Returns, and you may post a Leaving thread in Miscellaneous.

Didn't think the event ended until tomorrow, but...

Monster Spoilers inside, since I do believe that the guessing is officially over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMgRZYUVbzI&feature=youtu.be

Also, meant to mention Andx. Be a good doggy, you hear now? Good dogs get treats. Like steak.

Feel like I forgot others, too, but... eh.

Good luck out there. Sorry to see you go because YCM has some members whose comments make the site worth coming to read, and you were one of them. So this might be unexpected, but I will miss seeing you around. You had your times of incredibly rude harshness, but you were up to a point when you did so, yeah...

The issues on TCG I think are just as big if not more the fault of the state of the game than whatever moves the members of TCG have been doing. There is genuinely interest from many to keep it going and improve, but there is just so much that can be done. It also is an issue that covers the other Yugioh-related sections, sadly, as it affects how cards are created and how decks are built. I haven't been finding many things all that exciting myself, and for the past month have jumped over to Pokemon and MTG, though I'm a bit sad about leaving a game I stuck with for so many years.

I'll finish this reply by saying I'm Sleepy. Mainly due to name changing shenanigans around the site, lack of activity lately, and because I'm aware I've always been largely irrelevant to any relevant member that I've ever seen saying good bye. So I felt the need to state it.

Just take care~

Although it's late as hell now, I might as well say some parting words towards Black, and hopefully patch up some loose ends in our relationship, which admittedly wasn't the best of things.

It is true that I've had some problems with your attitude at times (in the way you treated others), hence why I didn't want to talk to you at times.

But I also respected you greatly for your knowledge in the fields of TCG and cardmaking itself. To be honest, I had considered asking either yourself or Koko for, how should I say, tutoring, in cardmaking so I can actually do my job properly and make the CC section better, now that .Saber has left for other things.

I guess a thank you is in order (from my end) for an adequate review on my progress in CC [both in this video and elsewhere], which I admit is not the best for the section right now, especially with a quality declination at the time, including that one card I posted in the "Hall of Fame"-esque thing. I might not have liked what you said at the time, but it shows the amount of work that I have ahead of myself in order to raise CC to the level it needs to be.

I only wish that we developed a better relationship before you left; you're a cool guy underneath, and I really don't want to maintain this animosity towards you.

But unfortunately, you're gone now, so such loose ends will remain until you ever decide to come back.

Things were probably cleaner in the past, but those days are long gone.

So I guess...take care of yourself.

You'll be missed by a lot of people; that much is certain.

Not really much else I can say at this point...

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all.

It's me. 343 Guilty Spark.

The last time I made a post on here was in 2009, so I doubt anyone remembers me.

I wrote two fanfics that are semi-notable: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: The Next Generation (which I never finished) and Yu-Gi-Oh GX: The Final Light (which originally belonged to Phantom Roxas - if he still uses that name - and which I later became a co-writer, then later took over fully.)

I also made some cards too.

So...does anyone on here remember me? Haha, I'm just curious.

Even if you don't remember me, I'm back, and I'm back with a vengeance. =D

Hello all.

It's me. 343 Guilty Spark.

The last time I made a post on here was in 2009, so I doubt anyone remembers me.

I wrote two fanfics that are semi-notable: Yu-Gi-Oh GX: The Next Generation (which I never finished) and Yu-Gi-Oh GX: The Final Light (which originally belonged to Phantom Roxas - if he still uses that name - and which I later became a co-writer, then later took over fully.)

I also made some cards too.

So...does anyone on here remember me? Haha, I'm just curious.

Even if you don't remember me, I'm back, and I'm back with a vengeance. =D

on who? Just curious...

Archived