Return Thread

Frunk

I'll try to keep it brief since I really don't want to spend much more time on this site than I have to in case I change my mind.

I'm leaving, hopefully for good since I really don't want to come back and have to deal with what I have been. It's been something I've been contemplating for a long time due to reasons I'll state later, but my history with the site has stopped me from leaving again and again. I know I should have already left this place by this point.

Anyway, I'm sure most of you don't care any more beyond this point but I'm going to go on to talk about why I'm leaving regardless. The first is that this community has outgrown people like me while I have also outgrown it. The community no longer needs people like me in order to provide entertainment while I also have no fun being here. This has distressed me for a small while, making me feel physically unwell as I lurked through pages and pages of what felt like meaningless content to me. I thought it was just a phase, but it just hasn't gone away... in fact, the pain I've been feeling due to it has been increasingly getting worse.

The second reason is due to not so recent changes that people who frequented the same section as me should have realized a while ago. I've basically quit playing YGO, which has caused my activity on this site to nearly completely stop. I make the occasional comment in the TCG section regardless, but it's mainly just to call people out on their stupidity or attempt to correct people once in a blue moon. But seeing as how I've quit, it leaves me questioning about how else I'm going to be able to contribute to the community. And the important part is that I could not fathom a single way I would be able to.

That's enough droning on about that though. Most of you are probably reading this for some to find out who makes it into my good books or some s*** like that, so might as well humour you since I'm probably not going to see half of you again.

• Rai: This is going to seem like a weird one to a lot of people I would imagine, potentially even Rai himself. No matter what has happened in my stay on YCM, you have probably always been one of the members that I've been able to respect the most. If I had it my way, you'd easily be one of the shining stars in the community and one of the most popular members by far. I wish you the best of luck in life in all honestly and I hope that your endeavours bring you all the joy that you could ever want.
  • Black: This was a pretty obvious one considering how a lot of people consider us inseparable despite our past. The only thing I have to say regarding you is that if you continue trying, you will get to that goal you're striving towards. It might be harder now that I'm not around here any more, but I'm sure you'll get there.
  • Masao: And now comes the part where I give shout-outs to random people who I've had barely any interaction with, especially since in this case you'll probably never see it. Your work here is appreciated by me a great deal, since you're one of the people who I can trust in improving the TCG section by just continuing to post.
  • Lord CowCow: Another new member who I've barely had any interactions with, which is something I must say with a heavy heart. I did want to be able to talk to you more, just because of how chill you seem. I can easily see you becoming one of the most popular members on the forum in the coming months if you aren't already considered that by people already. Wouldn't be surprised on that last part either.
  • Night and evilfusion: I'll keep this one incredibly brief, since it applies to both of you. You two are incredibly chill dudes who I have respected for a long time on this site. I just hope that you can do enough with the moderating team where you can keep everything in order, as I can see things getting chaotic very easily in the future.
You guys were probably expecting a longer list than that, but those are the only people I can really give any form of acknowledgement towards since the rest of you had absolutely no impact on me during my run on YCM whatsoever. This leave will be taking place as soon as I post this on the site, before I change my mind and stick to the site again purely out of nostalgia. Will I be back? Maybe. Most probably not, but I might drop in again in the future.

If any of you guys need to contact me, just ask someone like Black to give you my Skype or something. I'll be glad to talk to most of you, although there may be some exceptions. That just about covers everything I wanted to talk about, so...

Without further adieu, ciao.

:( Goodbye, Koko..... Take care. 

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember some years back when I first got promoted you took it upon yourself to welcome me in, obviously anyone who knows you would say that you were just being yourself but that's why I cherished it, the fact that you're so genuine.

I realize I'm not the easiest person to get along with, I rarely ever open up to anyone, yet speaking to you seems effortless. I've also had my fair share of mistakes, but you never doubted or hated me for them as others have. Instead, you've always been there in one form or another, most times not even realizing it. Oddly enough, you genuinely made me a better person and as a bi-product if I'm to be considered even a half-decent moderator it's largely because of you.

It goes without saying that your contributions to this site are insurmountable, but for me personally you've simply always been a good friend, thanks for that. 

I'll try to keep it brief since I really don't want to spend much more time on this site than I have to in case I change my mind.

I'm leaving, hopefully for good since I really don't want to come back and have to deal with what I have been. It's been something I've been contemplating for a long time due to reasons I'll state later, but my history with the site has stopped me from leaving again and again. I know I should have already left this place by this point.

Anyway, I'm sure most of you don't care any more beyond this point but I'm going to go on to talk about why I'm leaving regardless. The first is that this community has outgrown people like me while I have also outgrown it. The community no longer needs people like me in order to provide entertainment while I also have no fun being here. This has distressed me for a small while, making me feel physically unwell as I lurked through pages and pages of what felt like meaningless content to me. I thought it was just a phase, but it just hasn't gone away... in fact, the pain I've been feeling due to it has been increasingly getting worse.

The second reason is due to not so recent changes that people who frequented the same section as me should have realized a while ago. I've basically quit playing YGO, which has caused my activity on this site to nearly completely stop. I make the occasional comment in the TCG section regardless, but it's mainly just to call people out on their stupidity or attempt to correct people once in a blue moon. But seeing as how I've quit, it leaves me questioning about how else I'm going to be able to contribute to the community. And the important part is that I could not fathom a single way I would be able to.

That's enough droning on about that though. Most of you are probably reading this for some to find out who makes it into my good books or some s*** like that, so might as well humour you since I'm probably not going to see half of you again.

• Rai: This is going to seem like a weird one to a lot of people I would imagine, potentially even Rai himself. No matter what has happened in my stay on YCM, you have probably always been one of the members that I've been able to respect the most. If I had it my way, you'd easily be one of the shining stars in the community and one of the most popular members by far. I wish you the best of luck in life in all honestly and I hope that your endeavours bring you all the joy that you could ever want.
  • Black: This was a pretty obvious one considering how a lot of people consider us inseparable despite our past. The only thing I have to say regarding you is that if you continue trying, you will get to that goal you're striving towards. It might be harder now that I'm not around here any more, but I'm sure you'll get there.
  • Masao: And now comes the part where I give shout-outs to random people who I've had barely any interaction with, especially since in this case you'll probably never see it. Your work here is appreciated by me a great deal, since you're one of the people who I can trust in improving the TCG section by just continuing to post.
  • Lord CowCow: Another new member who I've barely had any interactions with, which is something I must say with a heavy heart. I did want to be able to talk to you more, just because of how chill you seem. I can easily see you becoming one of the most popular members on the forum in the coming months if you aren't already considered that by people already. Wouldn't be surprised on that last part either.
  • Night and evilfusion: I'll keep this one incredibly brief, since it applies to both of you. You two are incredibly chill dudes who I have respected for a long time on this site. I just hope that you can do enough with the moderating team where you can keep everything in order, as I can see things getting chaotic very easily in the future.
You guys were probably expecting a longer list than that, but those are the only people I can really give any form of acknowledgement towards since the rest of you had absolutely no impact on me during my run on YCM whatsoever. This leave will be taking place as soon as I post this on the site, before I change my mind and stick to the site again purely out of nostalgia. Will I be back? Maybe. Most probably not, but I might drop in again in the future.

If any of you guys need to contact me, just ask someone like Black to give you my Skype or something. I'll be glad to talk to most of you, although there may be some exceptions. That just about covers everything I wanted to talk about, so...

Without further adieu, ciao.

Peace out Koko. That felt kinda salty, but that's okay.

I guess, from the death of someone actually relevant. I had to spawn.

Like some sorta reverse retarded phoenix.

Maybe when I leave again Koko'll come back or something.

Anyways, I'm Proto. I'm probably gonna be back as long as Yu-Gi-Oh keeps my interest.

Didn't think the event ended until tomorrow, but...

Monster Spoilers inside, since I do believe that the guessing is officially over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMgRZYUVbzI&feature=youtu.be

Also, meant to mention Andx. Be a good doggy, you hear now? Good dogs get treats. Like steak.

Feel like I forgot others, too, but... eh.

Black, you son of a b*tch, you actually made me tear up.

Not only because I'll miss you, but because with every last cool member that's left, I remain here because I have no reason to leave. Every year that passes becomes a moment where I look back and wonder why I'm wasting my life on a forum, and that's because I have no other life besides working and attending college. I try to do other things, but in the end, none of it matters cause I can't make any friends. It's conflicting, because no matter how much I want friends, my history with friends stabbing me in the back haunts me and I can't trust anyone. As a result, the internet is the only place I can go because sharing my feelings with anyone in person only makes things awkward and people think I'm too much of a sociopath to get along with.

I'm scared that this will be the only place where people can actually accept me for who I really am and not who I try to be just to meet the social status quo.

Lots of feelings getting packed into here I see.

On the serious side of things, goodbye Black. I hope life is good to you and lets you be happy. You were my best friend on this forum for quite a time and I wish it had all worked out better. But anyway, you take care.

On the less serious side of things, goodbye Shiki. I would attempt to say more but Cowcow's thoughts/feelings would far surpass anything I might say. I'll leave the task to him.

Having been a member here for such a long time, I feel bad that I haven't really gotten to know a lot of you until rather recently, and with the way things have been going of late i probably won't get the chance to introduce myself to some of you who've made the decision to leave. Disheartening, but that's the way things go, it seems. In any case, I figure I can at least wish you well. Best of luck Black.

Archived