Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2

Phantom Roxas

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='REvan342' timestamp='1331915532' post='5873257']
when i saw these games.... i quit pokemon.
Nintendo haas gotten lazy after many years of awesome pokemon games.......=(
[/quote].
... Why?

Chances are that they're Sequels, not Remakes ._.

[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1331915756' post='5873263']
... Why?

Chances are that they're Sequels, not Remakes ._.
[/quote]

I thought platinum(and yellow and emerald and crystal) would be a sequel.... and was disappointed. i guess ill wait to play these things before i decide....

[quote name='REvan342' timestamp='1331915532' post='5873257']
when i saw these games.... i quit pokemon.
Nintendo haas gotten lazy after many years of awesome pokemon games.......=(
[/quote]
Because you didn't think they would do a 3rd version? Seriously, the only thing we know is that we are getting pokemon fusions and I don't see what the problem when people love doing that on a fan level.

Really, why do people love to bitch about pokemon? I honestly don't get most of the complaints.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1331924111' post='5873499']
Because you didn't think they would do a 3rd version? Seriously, the only thing we know is that we are getting pokemon fusions and I don't see what the problem when people love doing that on a fan level.

Really, why do people love to bitch about pokemon? I honestly don't get most of the complaints.
[/quote]
Same reason people bitch about anything. People LOVE to bitch.

[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1331924163' post='5873501']
Same reason people b**** about anything. People LOVE to b****.
[/quote]

It's sad but true.

Pokemon Fusion would be a really weird mechanic in the Pokemon franchise, and it can also be somewhat gimmicky as well. However, if done right, it can lead to some more interesting development. Isn't Pokemon Burst also working with Fusion?

[quote name='Koloktos' timestamp='1331925429' post='5873536']
It's sad but true.

Pokemon Fusion would be a really weird mechanic in the Pokemon franchise, and it can also be somewhat gimmicky as well. However, if done right, it can lead to some more interesting development. Isn't Pokemon Burst also working with Fusion?
[/quote]
I don't think you will be fusing them. Rather when you catch them they will already be fused.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1331925882' post='5873544']
I don't think you will be fusing them. Rather when you catch them they will already be fused.
[/quote]

Maybe. However, that idea might not work since:

1) It would be random to encounter a wild fused Pokemon
2) Fans would want to be given the option of defusing what they have fused

I guess that it would be up to the trainer if they want to fuse and defuse their pokemon. It would be an interesting new mechanic to do, like making eggs to make more customizable Pokemon. In addition, fusing Pokemon could lead up to freeing space in your Poke Boxes.

As I see it, Pokémon, and many other Nintendo franchises as I see it, embody the saying, "If it isn't broken, don't fix it."

Some people just aren't happy unless there is change, but those same people are usually the people who complain, "They changed it now it sucks." So yeah, let b****ers b****.

How about J-Max looking at Pokemon's Lame Moltres/Zapdos/Articuno fusion in the Pokemon Adventures Manga. I was more scared by the concept than the creation.

Zavvi among other retailers are taking pre-orders for Black and White 2.

Form does make somewhat sense, but they're different to Giratina's Origin Forme, Shaymin's Sky Forme, etc. I'd love to see the elements.

[quote name='Yin' timestamp='1331929113' post='5873606']
How about J-Max looking at Pokemon's Lame Moltres/Zapdos/Articuno fusion in the Pokemon Adventures Manga. I was more scared by the concept than the creation.

Zavvi among other retailers are taking pre-orders for Black and White 2.
[/quote]
I couldn't bear to look at it with fears of my Eyes bleeding... Also is Zavvi still around? I thought they went into Administration a while back. Game would be a good bet or even Blockbuster.

They're around only as a online retailer. And Game and Gamestation are no safe bets anymore although I've seen they have it for pre-order too. Game isn't making so much money since they've failed to get supplies of some big games, so I'd ordered from them alot closer the time.

[quote name='Koloktos' timestamp='1331926282' post='5873551']
Maybe. However, that idea might not work since:

1) It would be random to encounter a wild fused Pokemon
2) Fans would want to be given the option of defusing what they have fused

I guess that it would be up to the trainer if they want to fuse and defuse their pokemon. It would be an interesting new mechanic to do, like making eggs to make more customizable Pokemon. In addition, fusing Pokemon could lead up to freeing space in your Poke Boxes.
[/quote]
He aren't going to randomly encounter fused pokemon. Their is a 99% chance that this is the only one in the game.

Again, we aren't getting pokemon fusion added into the game. It will most likely be WAY to complicated. So yea, not sure why you think things will play out like that.

[quote name='Koloktos' timestamp='1331949004' post='5874130']
I just hope that they introduce more combination moves. Those were pretty unique and would give me inspiration for something creative.
[/quote]
Unlikely since they have a very limited use since 1v1 will always be the main way to play.

You know they aren't a fusion right? Kyurem is the hollow shell of two other pokemon. If you payed attention, you should know Reshi and Zekro are Kyurem's spirit divided into two parts, Ying and Yang if you will. These "Kyuram" and "Zekrem" here are the middle stage. This is a prequel.

^my theory^

[quote name='{HQ}' timestamp='1331954622' post='5874302']
You know they aren't a fusion right? Kyurem is the hollow shell of two other pokemon. If you payed attention, you should know Reshi and Zekro are Kyurem's spirit divided into two parts, Ying and Yang if you will. These "Kyuram" and "Zekrem" here are the middle stage. This is a prequel.

^my theory^
[/quote]
There is logic in what he says. However why did he fall from the sky? Also they split at the same time so when the ONE Dragon became Reshi and Zekro it happened at the same time so imo this combination wouldn't have existed until now.

[quote name='{HQ}' timestamp='1331958105' post='5874402']
It's not like it happened altogether. What I meant was, that maybe it split into two other Kyurems which started morphing, into what Zekro and Reshi are now and that's why the new games show them with Kyu's features.
[/quote]
No, it was made clear that when they broke up Reshi came out as Reshi and Zekro came out as Zekro.

The idea that Kyu is what was left of the ONE Dragon and that it is trying to recreate it by fusing with Reshi/Zekro does seem sound though.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1331955406' post='5874332']
There is logic in what he says. However why did he fall from the sky? Also they split at the same time so when the ONE Dragon became Reshi and Zekro it happened at the same time so imo this combination wouldn't have existed until now.
[/quote]
[quote name='Hydra of Gentlemanliness' timestamp='1330315771' post='5843660']
Possibly. The dialogue only mentions that it 'fell from a meteor'. I like to think that was when the One Dragon was split, it was high up in the air (possibly in the middle of battle); his corpse fell a good way down and was mistaken for a meteor impact.
[/quote]

Personally, I'd hate it if they added pokemon fusion. That mechanic's always been the domain of Shin Megami Tensei, and its exclusion is largely what makes Pokemon not a Megami Tensei clone.

[quote name='Hydra of Clocks' timestamp='1331959732' post='5874426']
Personally, I'd hate it if they added pokemon fusion. That mechanic's always been the domain of Shin Megami Tensei, and its exclusion is largely what makes Pokemon not a Megami Tensei clone.
[/quote]
what makes Pokemon not a Megami Tensei clone.
[/quote]
a Megami Tensei clone.
[/quote]
clone.
[/quote]

NINTENDO, Y U NO MAKE 3DS OR AT LEAST DSi COMPATIBLE?

These are useless if they can't Wi-Fi Connection over WPA2 encryption because Nintendo doesn't manufacture their proprietary Wi-Fi dongle anymore.

Also, comment about the new Kyurem formes. Maybe its hidden attacks will be learnable.

[quote name='Alex_S.' timestamp='1332026816' post='5875561']
NINTENDO, Y U NO MAKE 3DS OR AT LEAST DSi COMPATIBLE?

These are useless if they can't Wi-Fi Connection over WPA2 encryption because Nintendo doesn't manufacture their proprietary Wi-Fi dongle anymore.
[/quote]
Black and White can connect over a DSi System's Wifi connection, not just Nintendo Wifi Connection, and I assume they can do the same with the 3DS, so why wouldn't BW2 be able to?

Because Nintendo DS software can't recognize WPA encryption. Unless Black and White are secretly DSi carts instead of just DS carts. The IR communication shell doesn't make for easy identification either way, and HG/SS... were also IR so I don't remember if those were DSi-accelerated either.

Also, none of the advance information has stated whether they're DSi-acceleraated or not.

Archived