Pokemon X & Y (Post Launch)

Eury

So I need help evolving my Boldore, anyone got time for a quick trade?

EDIT: So I've started breeding for the perfect Golett. I take a HP/Spe IV Golurk and an Atk/Def/SpA IV Ditto, and the 4th Golett I hatch has perfect HP/Atk/Def/SpA/Spe. So I've instantly got a 5 IV Golett, that'll make things go a lot quicker.

If you still need it, I'll help you with the quick trade for Boldore.

Already added your FC a couple weeks ago.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, in Y that my friend sold me, I found a female 6IV Pikachu in a Fast Ball. I want to breed it to produce a battle Pikachu or Raichu, with egg moves and all. The thing is, to get Volt Tackle I need to equip one of the parents with a Light Ball, but I need one of the parents to be equipped with Destiny Bond to pass more IVs, and another with Everstone to pass a good nature. Would it be better to skip the everstone and breed until I get a good nature; skip the Destiny Bond and use a baby that had Speed and Attack passed; or skip the Light Ball and teach the baby Wild Charge?

So, in Y that my friend sold me, I found a female 6IV Pikachu in a Fast Ball. I want to breed it to produce a battle Pikachu or Raichu, with egg moves and all. The thing is, to get Volt Tackle I need to equip one of the parents with a Light Ball, but I need one of the parents to be equipped with Destiny Bond to pass more IVs, and another with Everstone to pass a good nature. Would it be better to skip the everstone and breed until I get a good nature; skip the Destiny Bond and use a baby that had Speed and Attack passed; or skip the Light Ball and teach the baby Wild Charge?

The problem with dropping the Everstone if you end up with a 1/150 chance at getting a good 5IV Pikachu. Those are REALLY bad odds and you can be breeding a long while. The power drop is a big one, but Pika is only really good if your playing for fun anyway.

I don't have one, sorry.

Game-wise, still have 8 more Pokes to get for the dex; two of them are the Porygon evolutions [and that's requiring trading]. Everything else, I either can breed or just evolve on my own, which is helpful.

On an unrelated note, found out about that X/Y FC thing on Reddit; how many of you have used it thus far? Basically using it to get people who have Pokes that I'd like to get for HA stuff (or for lack of better terms, stuff that I don't have to keep using PokeBank to transfer from White 2 or isn't a pain in neck to find in-game); got a new Ice Safari one at the time of posting.

I figure you have TONS of options for FC between Serebii, Smogon, and various other places. Personally, I've been able to work the GTS well enough that I can get any HA I need. Some just take more time than others. Also helps that I have a nice stable of pokemon I can offer thanks to all my breeding. 

Anyone have a Karrablast/Escavalier that's bred with Drill Run? Or a Beedrill, Pineco, or Forrestress originally from a Gen V game that got it from the Move Tutor?

I'd recommend checking around on the GTS. Might end up being a pain, but you might find it with a little patience. 

Yeah I had to deal with that with breeding Wynaut.  Dropping the Everstone and breeding for the right nature isn't as bad as you'd think, and Volt Tackle is worth it.

So I set up a thread in the Pokemon Trading reddit, and pretty much right away someone helped me out with my trade. Ended up trading my Shiny Ditto and an HA Chespin for a x/31/31/x/31/31 Karrablast bred with Megahorn, Drill Run, Pursuit, and Knock Off as well as a 6IV Scatterbug bred with Rage Powder, Stun Spore, and Poison Powder.

I'm very pleased.

That's great for you.

I found someone who has a Steel Safari with Metangs in it; saves me a lot of grief of either importing from White 2 (though I have excess Beldum in box due to WT things). I still have that 4 IV one I got from DeathSDelano or something a couple months ago if I still need to. Not like I'll really use Light Metal Metagross though.

(Would be fun if I find someone with a Mienfoo in their FC, since I can't access my own for it. At this point, most of the Safaris are repeats of ones I already got, or I just don't need them. Though, getting 1-2 Safaris of each Type sounds logical, and preferably ones that have different Pokes in each. Can't really trust GTS at times.)

Gamestop will be distributing shiny (Mega) Gengar and Diancie this Autumn. If you go into their stores from October 13th to October 26th, you can receive a serial code to download a shiny Gengar holding Gengarite. It is the same Gengar that will be distributed in Japan later this month. The Gengar is meant to celebrate both the Halloween season and Phantom Forces.

From October 27th to November 16th, you can also get a serial code to download Diancie for the first time. When you transfer Diancie to Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, you can then obtain its Diancite to Mega Evolve it into Mega Diancie.

I hope Europe gets the Gengar event as well as I'm sure we'll get the Diancie event.

Interesting.

I want both things. I did get the data for Diancie already, since a guy at school had gotten one via a passerby trade or something, and we did a quick trade for data, then back again. But I must have the physical mon to (re) complete my collection.

And shiny Mega Gengar is awesome.

So I set up a thread in the Pokemon Trading reddit, and pretty much right away someone helped me out with my trade. Ended up trading my Shiny Ditto and an HA Chespin for a x/31/31/x/31/31 Karrablast bred with Megahorn, Drill Run, Pursuit, and Knock Off as well as a 6IV Scatterbug bred with Rage Powder, Stun Spore, and Poison Powder.

I'm very pleased.

I wasn't online yesterday all day, or I would have found your post and offered a baby of my Scavalier, that has those same egg moves and Hidden Ability.

So, I now have Unburden Accelgor. How many EVs should I invest in speed in a Modest one, to be faster than anything relevant that has no speed boosts? What can I use to activate it's ability other than Curse/White Herb? What moves would be best for it? I don't want it to be just Spikes and then go for Final Gambit.

From Serebii:

Following yesterdays US reveal, it has been announced that two distribution events are coming to the UK this October in GAME stores. From October 15th to November 5th, you'll be able to obtain a Serial Code to receive a special Shiny Gengar at GAME Stores. This Gengar comes holding the Gengarite and matches the event being held in Japan later this month, and is to tie in with the upcoming TCG set, Phantom Forces.
Next, from November 6th to November 28th, you'll be able to get a Serial Code to receive the Mythical Pokémon, Diancie. As known, this Diancie can only be obtained through this event and, when traded to Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, gives you the Diancite item to Mega Evolve it into Mega Diancie
It is also going to be available in France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, The Netherlands & Italy at the same time

Archived