Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hero should run Dinosaurs/Machines. Warriors/Spellcasters are boring.

True enough that Warrior and Spellcaster been frankly overused, they could have made new 2500/2000 stats Dinosuar, Machine, etc. Tbh, I would imagine Dinosuar to get 3000/2500 stats and be used by a rival or so and Machine for 2500/2000 stats and be used by yuya but I guess not.   

Obviously Yuya has a Core Drill.

Now the drill will pierce the heaven.

Now who want to bet each one of 2 monsters in the background will be yuya's ace? I know it's too early since there isn't a lot of information or hints but just for the lulz.

White monster is the ace >.>
Been like that since gx
(YGO if you count Paladin)
Gx was Neos
5Ds was Junk/Stardust
ZXL was Utopia

All white,exception of their evolutions.

If new mechanic,what color would be used?kinda running low on the rainbow.

If the pattern is true, then it is very likely.

If there a new mechanic, and it is in main deck, I guess opposite colour of Ritual monster's colour? meh.

I read comments on ygorganization about the series, they end up speculating that yuya will use Synchro AND Xyz monsters (no love for fusion?)

Zexal broke a nice pattern that should have been going on

Dark Magician = DARK

Neos = LIGHT

Stardust = WIND

ZeXal = *sigh*... LIGHT again.... WATER would have been fitting since there's so much recurring WATER stuff in that generation, or something different.

Zexal broke a nice pattern that should have been going on

Dark Magician = DARK

Neos = LIGHT

Stardust = WIND

ZeXal = *sigh*... LIGHT again.... WATER would have been fitting since there's so much recurring WATER stuff in that generation, or something different.

Then, if the white mage is the ace, it may likely be Light Spellcaster but Water Spellcaster wouldn't be bad at all 

Then, if the white mage is the ace, it may likely be Light Spellcaster but Water Spellcaster wouldn't be bad at all 

Yeah, looks like it's LIGHT Spellcaster (a mirror of Yugi's DARK one and/or that other monster; might be his also). But would be nice to see different Attributes used by the main characters, instead of what's been done thus far (If ZEXAL followed the trend, Utopia would've probably been EARTH to mirror Stardust's WIND).

Either way, assuming the Deck trend holds and it comes out before Arc-V airs, we'll see if they do hint at a Chaos-esque theme or they do something different (as you/Sleepy mentioned) and get an idea of the new Summon concept.

I can only imagine what colors they'll use this time, since they've already done the following: Normal (yellow), Effect (orange), Ritual (blue), Fusion (violet), Synchro (white), Dark Synchro (dark grayish), Xyz (black), Spells (green), Trap (purple). Maybe brown or something.

We still lack bright pink, and actual green, and bright red. Spell Cards are kinda greenish-blueish Aqua, so they don't quite count as THE green, and old Slifer's red card could barely look different from the dark orange some Effect Monsters had, so it's also not quite what I think they could do with red.

They also haven't tried a more light version of blue, Azure or Sky Blue, contrasting with the different tone used in Ritual Monsters

So have they confirmed there will be a new Summon type?

Nope.

As far as I know nope. Not much info is actually given.

The new Starter Deck is said to have 40 cards strictly, though if it follows the pattern of Utopia V's deck, it'll have a pack that could potentially be the new place to put Extra Deck cards in. The one picture of the show doesn't even show Yuya with a duel disk, which lifts the doubt of what the show will even be like.

So far everything from the info looks pretty basic. No riding duels, augmented reality, no Extra Deck mechanic being promoted, nothing in the tittle rings a bell of what it'd be like other than "the 5th series". It really is mysterious.

Sounds interesting, but not sure that'll work out nicely (especially when those resources could be used on other stuff; might as well make a Delta Accel or something with all that).

In terms of the anime itself, they'll should release more info as it gets closer to its release date (probably April 2014 like the last two have been). And/or the pack after Primal Origins should give us some clues on what to expect out of Arc-V for a while.

Synchro Xyz where you Synchro Summon with Xyz Monsters as materials, requiring you to add their ranks together to summon a higher rank monster.

That'd require more or less the same amount of resources it'd take you to make an Accel Synchro. 
Which means it IS possible, but not like a standalone mechanic to base a show around. It is too complex for a pilot episode so it's no worth material to make a full generation around.

If they DID do it, it'd show how degenerate the game has gotten.
Part of the appealing I wanna see from not abusing the Extra Deck, is letting each Main Deck monster be it's own thing. Nowadays you could Summon 5+ times in a single turn, but many of those monsters are just there for a few moments before being used for the actual important monsters, so they have no identity really.

Yeah, that's true.

The game's gotten to the point that players are churning out high Level/Rank monsters very quickly via Extra Deck and not really giving any support to the Main Deck that's used to summon said cards.

Even GX had some degree of using the main deck monsters for a couple turns, despite Jaden or whatever character using them for Fusion Material later on. In Yugi's case, they had much more Main Deck interaction. Same with 5Ds (though mostly seen with the support characters and Yusei up to some point). ZEXAL is just Xyz spam.

Nope.

As far as I know nope. Not much info is actually given.

The new Starter Deck is said to have 40 cards strictly, though if it follows the pattern of Utopia V's deck, it'll have a pack that could potentially be the new place to put Extra Deck cards in. The one picture of the show doesn't even show Yuya with a duel disk, which lifts the doubt of what the show will even be like.

So far everything from the info looks pretty basic. No riding duels, augmented reality, no Extra Deck mechanic being promoted, nothing in the tittle rings a bell of what it'd be like other than "the 5th series". It really is mysterious.

I wouldn't mind duel monsters without super advanced holograms created sole to enhance the purpose of playing a children's card game. 

They gotta take notes from Spongebob.

http://youtu.be/VbPWe9U4uPU

Also; the fast he has a card in his left hand doesn't make him left-handed. 

True; he could also be ambidextrous.  The reason I find the handedness so significant is the fact that the only lefties I recall in the entire anime franchise were the Yliaster four, and that one guy in GX who made a deal with the Grim Reaper to give him god-drawing powers.  When that guy broke it off with the Reaper, he switched to his left hand instead.

I still don't get why all of you hate Zexal like that...

It's just their opinion; the most I get on why people hate it is because it's too childish, even though it's a show about people playing a childrens card game, it wasn't maybe dark enough for them. I just watched the dub and it really didn't appeal to me like 5Ds but maybe the sub will; it does have an interesting story. 

Which, in ZEXAL's case, targeted younger than 13 (and male viewers) because they wanted to appeal to little kids so they can relate to him [hence why Yuma acts like one]...DM through 5Ds were targeted at teenage/adult viewers for the most part [especially 5Ds due to the darkness of it].

But it wouldn't kill them to make a female protagonist at some point (for gender equality reasons; or if they can't be the main one, at least make one that can actually hold her own throughout the series)

... the only lefties I recall in the entire anime franchise were the Yliaster four, and that one guy in GX who made a deal with the Grim Reaper to give him god-drawing powers.  When that guy broke it off with the Reaper, he switched to his left hand instead.

You forgot about Dark Glass/Vizor/Bruno and Paradox (assuming Yliaster 4 is the emperors + Aporia)

@eptin: That's one of the reasons I'm iffy of ZEXAL; Yuma just acts like a crybaby at some points (the rest of the main characters like Shark/Kaito are good; I already mentioned in an earlier post that the rest of Yuma's friends suck and/or do nothing worth noting. Once ZEXAL ends, we'll forget about them)

Archived