Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yuma was always useless when Astral was out of the picture. Kazuma had to help that time, III had to help that other time, and he'd always react like that no matter how much he "grows". So having a partner wouldn't look too bright, true, with the way it's likely to be handled.

Besides, "friends" and "family" are not even addressed that well as values for the series. Most friends are just cheerleaders and scenes with the family just seem... IDK.

So yeah, he being a solo means he'll get to think on his own and that already makes him more promising.

Does anyone remember if Yuma's Duel disk was visible back when the initial official art of ZeXal was made public? because I don't see any disk with Yuya here.

Sooo.... any theories about what the premise could be?

I mean besides "card games on..." Oh who am I kidding, that boils it down quite well regardless of what it might be.

Also, this would mean that we really are in ZeXal's last opening.

Hmmm I wonder what Yugioh's opening 21 will be like.

Also I'm betting for card games IN SPACE.

Zexal will be having that soon, with Kaito vs Mizael.

Seeing as I literally just found out about this, I'll voice my thoughts about this: I like Yuya's design, much better than Yuma. And at least him being left-handed is different, not that I was bored about right-handed protagonists, I paid like no attention to it.

The monster with the yellow blade, that totally doesn't look like a duel disk looks pretty gangsta and the magician-like monster is pretty interesting as well.

I'm looking forward to this series.

Does anyone remember if Yuma's Duel disk was visible back when the initial official art of ZeXal was made public? because I don't see any disk with Yuya here.

Yeah, Yuma does have a visible disc in the initial art from what I'm seeing. 

As for the opening, I assume it'll show Yuya's ace monsters, parts of the setting for this whole series, support characters (maybe friends/classmates/whatever), possible antagonists and some examples of the new summon mechanic. I have no problems with the protagonist being left-handed (TBH, I probably wouldn't care if they kept with another right-handed duelist; I don't pay attention to that kind of stuff).

I'm betting on the premise being in space or something [or we go back to how things were in the original series; just regular duels]. Regardless of how it turns out, hopefully it doesn't involve Augmented Reality like ZEXAL did.

Like I mentioned on an earlier post, if Yuya does have friends that serve as support characters, they'd better be doing something throughout the whole series (unlike Tetsuo, Kotori, etc. who barely did anything aside from losing badly to the Emperors and/or serve as bait for Yuma to duel)

(On a side note, Yuma was mistaken for another boy named Yuya near the start of Season 2 [though this one and him look nothing alike])

No well xD

About what I said about the opening question.... It's a given that an opening will have those things xD

I mean like... they usually stick with a certain kind of music. 5Ds was more metal-ish. ZeXal is uh... some sort of pop?, GX was everywhere. etc. 

I did not know that the AR feature was generally disliked o.o"
I mean, I have a ton of stuff to dislike on ZeXal, but if anything, I thought it made sense. I sometimes get scared from a person I know suddenly popping out from nowhere, and that'd be pretty troublesome for people that are more prone to getting scared like that, especially if things like a 3-headed dog in flames ready to jump at you in the street suddenly popped out with sound and everything. With AR, there's nothing to complain in-universe.

Though, as a counter-argument, the universe of Yugioh pretty much revolves around the card game nowadays so it's hardly a good point I guess....

But still, why do you dislike it specifically? (just curious)

No well xD

About what I said about the opening question.... It's a given that an opening will have those things xD

I mean like... they usually stick with a certain kind of music. 5Ds was more metal-ish. ZeXal is uh... some sort of pop?, GX was everywhere. etc. 

I did not know that the AR feature was generally disliked o.o"
I mean, I have a ton of stuff to dislike on ZeXal, but if anything, I thought it made sense. I sometimes get scared from a person I know suddenly popping out from nowhere, and that'd be pretty troublesome for people that are more prone to getting scared like that, especially if things like a 3-headed dog in flames ready to jump at you in the street suddenly popped out with sound and everything. With AR, there's nothing to complain in-universe.

Though, as a counter-argument, the universe of Yugioh pretty much revolves around the card game nowadays so it's hardly a good point I guess....

But still, why do you dislike it specifically? (just curious)

It made it feel like dueling wasn't as open as it was like in the original series

Its like they tried to shun dueling by making it only available to people veiwing it, compared to things like Battle City, and 5D's which made it more of an all out sport

My first hope for V-Arc is that is uses all the mechanics evenly, instead of just shoving a new one in our faces. As far as we're concerned we have plenty of summon mechanics now (Tribute, Ritual, Fusion, Synchro & Xyz, and frankly the first three could use significant more love); so it would seem much better to have them all showcased. My second hope is that we see some DT archtypes being used, and maybe some more realistic asspulls, instead of anime-only shite that is a direct copy of an already existing and probably better card.

My first hope for V-Arc is that is uses all the mechanics evenly, instead of just shoving a new one in our faces. As far as we're concerned we have plenty of summon mechanics now (Tribute, Ritual, Fusion, Synchro & Xyz, and frankly the first three could use significant more love); so it would seem much better to have them all showcased. My second hope is that we see some DT archtypes being used, and maybe some more realistic asspulls, instead of anime-only shite that is a direct copy of an already existing and probably better card.

Well Fusions were mainly used in GX a bit more, so I would think that it may be Rituals that get more love than the others...

However, tis just my own thought

It's nice to see that we're gonna be getting a new main deck mechanic this time round. (The new starter deck has 40 cards)

Tbh, it wouldn't be all that surprising if they do since, for past 3 series, they were promoting extra deck monsters in fusion, Synchro then Xyz. Seeing the new starter deck have 40 cards but with 1 enhancement/power-up pack like super starter deck have 2 of them (but as well as it still have 2 E.D. monsters unlike the new starter deck). Now, while this is only speculation, this upcoming serie can present new mechanic concept to the main deck, but what? Then I have thought that maybe they want to continue on card stacking mechanic they brought it in for xyz monster concept for stacking evolutions done in other card games but it may sound a bit of stretch then. or be something like ritual monsters with monster instead of Spell, that open the paths for them. When i look the monsters behind yuya, they could seem to be the "two side of the same coin" more or less. 

That aside, the design of Yuya, like everyone said, already look promising, although for some reason the goggles with stars in it struck me out of sort. At first, I thought he would be some kind of traveling duelist, place to place or something more. His jacket felt familiar like I've seen it somewhere but I can't quite put my finger on it. 

Tbh, it wouldn't be all that surprising if they do since, for past 3 series, they were promoting extra deck monsters in fusion, Synchro then Xyz. Seeing the new starter deck has 40 cards but with 1 enhancement/power-up pack like super starter deck have 2 of them (but as well as it still have 2 E.D. monsters).

I don't see the Enhancement packs in the new starter deck having any Extra Deck monsters, but we'll have to wait and see.

Archived