• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=53 subs]

• I was right about Shun having doubts about Reira's skill level and stuff like that.
  • Reiji wants to ally with the Synchro Dimension; hmm, sounds reasonable. (Put into series, Arc-V, 5Ds and ZEXAL vs GX)
  • Line about Sawatari's 100,000 year joke actually matches up.

So in a way, that spoiler basically translated a bulk of it.

[/spoiler]

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Sora_Shiun'inhttp://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Syrus

I just noticed. EXACT same hair color. Both from Duel Academy. Both Fusion users. Both extremely skilled. Both have an Ace with is a combination of a bunch of their other monsters ( Stealth Union and Mad Chimera ), both are associated with the main protaganist heavily. Both have half of their deck be something cutesy ( Roids and Fluffas ) and the other something dark ( Cyberdarks and Edge Imps ), their names both start with S ( Syrus's Japanese name is Sho ).

I posted this on the status bar, I'll post it here too.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Sora_Shiun'inhttp://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Syrus

I just noticed. EXACT same hair color. Both from Duel Academy. Both Fusion users. Both extremely skilled. Both have an Ace with is a combination of a bunch of their other monsters ( Stealth Union and Mad Chimera ), both are associated with the main protaganist heavily. Both have half of their deck be something cutesy ( Roids and Fluffas ) and the other something dark ( Cyberdarks and Edge Imps ), their names both start with S ( Syrus's Japanese name is Sho ).

I posted this on the status bar, I'll post it here too.

Wow, what if he is really his son (somehow), and Syrus is evil too (for some reason). That would be...stupid as all hell, but I would watch it!

1: of course they're both from duel academy. Academia is a reference to GX

2: again, GX reference, therefore fusion. like all the other academia duelists, and most gx characters.

3: associated with the main heavily? like 100 characters fit that description. But syrus was the "joey" role, whereas sora is the Bakura.

4: cyberdarks were really more Zane's cards. They were never really part of syrus' deck, and certainly not an evolution of roids.

5: Shun, Serena, Sawatari, Shuzo etc etc....

apologies if this seems a harsh response, but arc V seems to have spawned a lot of grasping-at-straws fan theories. Like people thinking Reiji and Shun must be doubles 'cos they share a naming scheme.

Hang on... Roids... speedroids! oh my god! Yugo is Syrus! #illuminaticonfirmed

[spoiler=Thoughts on 53 Subbed]

- Youko noted that Yuya is a lot like her given the latter's desire to save Yuzu (Though to be fair, this is probs something that I could've picked up on in the previous episode)

- When she gave Yuya Smile World, she said that it would be passed down to him eventually when he needed it anyway.

- I figured that Gongenzaka's face was the result of a duel he had with his father, in this case to prove his resolve ready for the Lancer's mission.

- >100,000 years too early to make him wait, Sawatari, you so silly.

- I'm not surprised that Shun would doubt Reira's skill and initially wouldn't accept it when Reiji vouched for him.

- After what Yugo did to the OF, Reiji was convinced to go to the Synchro Dimension and form an alliance with them, though it definitely won't be easy that's a given.

- Everyone was given modified duel disks to create action fields outside of Standard and was equipped with a dimension transport device (using Yuto's D-Disk as a reference).

[/spoiler]

Wait, so if the lancers can create action fields, do both players have access to action cards or only the Standard duelists? If the latter, then that's... kinda cheap.

Pretty sure that's the explanation for why the monsters from the Fusion Dimension are 'real'.

Shun probably had a bootlegged version that Reiji tuned up, but the implication I got that was, given how Leo perfected the Action Field solidvision, he has his soldiers at Academia use the action field technology to summon real monsters.

Mine was more a question about the action cards rather than the solid vision. I mean if only they have access to action cards during the duels, then they can pull random deus ex machina bull whenever they need to without the opponent getting the same benefits. (granted, Synchro duelists can simply run them down but still...)

Considering how Action Duels work, the Action Cards should be available to both players, but because it's a gimmick almost exclusive to Standard, the advantage would be that the opponent wouldn't necessarily KNOW about them and be able to prepare either for their effects or to think of grabbing them until one of the Lancers has already demonstrated their usefulness.

Their Duel Disks can make Action Fields now? The fields that have previously only been made with giant-ass projectors? And the crap for that fits in that tiny little Duel Disk with not only the tech that allows it to function in a duel at all, but also with whatever tech is needed to travel through dimensions AND (in Shun and Serena's case) the cardifying technology?

Geez, Arc-V, you don't have to reach THAT far to hold on to your gimmick.

Their Duel Disks can make Action Fields now? The fields that have previously only been made with giant-ass projectors? And the crap for that fits in that tiny little Duel Disk with not only the tech that allows it to function in a duel at all, but also with whatever tech is needed to travel through dimensions AND (in Shun and Serena's case) the cardifying technology?

I guess that can be explained away with them being hyper tech created by reverse-engineering Academia technology, and with Leo Corps' actual resources being far superior to what they show to the public (after all, they are kinda sorta like the YGO version of NERV).

Don't forget the iPhone functionality.

[spoiler=New drawing from  蛯名 秀和]

0ysfoZX.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=manzai skit 54]

Yuzu: You're probably not a duelist from Fusion...
Yuugo: What? My name's not Fusion! It's Hyugo!
Yuzu: And this is the bike you ride on...
Yuugo: It's not a bike! It's a D-Wheel!
Yuzu: And your monster's a kendama...
Yuugo: That's not a kendama toy! That's Magic Sword Dharma!
Yuzu: Stop yelling so much!
Yuugo: It's just... You look just like my childhood friend Rin...
Yuzu: My name's not Rin! It's Yuzu!

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=55

Previews

]

Episode 55: Public Safety Coercion - The Duel Chasers

Yuzu, who had arrived to the Synchro Dimension, was dragged into an intense Duel between Yuugo and a Duel Chaser. On the other hand, Yuuya, who has crossed the dimensions, is about to enter a new battlefield…

Summary:

Yuzu was utterly baffled and astonished by the Riding Duel and Synchro Summoning that unfolded before her eyes. With Yuzu sitting right behind, Yuugo dashes through his familiar hometown on his D-Wheel, and is driven into a corner in his Duel with the Security.
At the same time, Reiji, Yuuya, and the other Lancers have crossed the dimensions, and are about to enter a new battlefield…

Cast (Note: The English names are tentative):
Sakaki Yuuya
Yuugo
Hiiragi Yuzu/Serena
Sawatari Shingo
Reira
Narrator
Jean-Michel Roger
Duel Chaser 227
Melissa Claire
And some other people.

It appear we are getting some new characters

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Reaction]

I'd get my hopes up for Speed World (and Speed Spells in general), but I doubt it. Then again, you didn't HAVE to play a Riding Duel while on Duel Runner, provided Speed World was off. 

Then again, we have to see what the City looks like. 

But considering Jack/Crow, it might be Neo Domino in the Synchro Dimension. 

[/spoiler]

【ARC-V】テレビ東京系列今日17:30から第54話放送!突然姿を消した柚子。ユーゴとともにたどり着いた先は「あの」場所だった…!本日よりオープニングにあのデュエリストたちが登場!!お楽しみはこれからだ! #yugioh #遊戯王 http://t.co/cWFectONPl

-Yuzu and Yuugo arrived at "that" place, which I guess is the Synchro Dimension.
-Some new Duelists are going to be featured in the Opening. Or something along these lines. (So no more Cat Dancer and OERD in the opening yay)

Archived