• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's possible that the laws in City are different from those in Neo Domino. In 5Ds, it was illegal for Satellite citizens to carry decks, and own d-wheels. This seems to not be the case here, as Jack was allowed to enter the tournament, and the police never made any mention of Yugo's d-wheel, just the fact that he was in a tops park.

Yugo said "on the surface we're treated equally, but inside we know they see us as trash". The aristocrats in 5Ds never even made the pretence of seeing satellite as anything other than scum. It seems to be more of a class divide than a "everyone from there is worthless criminal scum" situation, so Jack would have no reason to hide it.

I'm somewhat interested in whether the Synchro Dimension is an almost definitive AU world, or where the point of divergence would be if it was.

Unlike Academia, which could be a future or alternate incarnation of Duel Academy from GX, the Synchro Dimension is all but certain to be an alternate canon timeline, because it's confirmed that Jack Atlas is a current character. If it is an alternate canon sort of thing, there needs to be some point in the history that caused it to develop in that way.

So here's my first thought: The point of divergence is that Zero Reverse never happened. Momentum ultimately led to humanity's downfall and the destruction of the world, causing Z-One's attempts to fix it by, ironically, destroying the city. Yliaster tried numerous things to destroy Momentum, and the most significant was Zero Reverse. This is the event that physically split the City and the Satellite, and shaped Jack and Yusei's lives. Jack was born in the Satellite originally.

Without Zero Reverse, Jack would STILL not have been born in the City (but Yusei would have been, but his personality and ideals were formed by living in the Satellite). Also, Zero Reverse was caused by Rudger with the influence of the Earthbound Gods. And this event also shaped Rex Godwin's life. He was the Legendary D-Wheeler who gave hope to the Satellite that it was possible to reach the City. Without Zero Reverse, he would never have needed to do this. He would never have ascended to the Security Director or put a huge plan in motion to gather the Signers to ultimately fight the Dark Signers. Because Rudger probably never met the Yliaster member who told him the key to awakening Uru. Because Yliaster never interfered.

Yusei-x-Aki is canon now? Well then...

[spoiler=Thoughts on 54 Subbed]

- Yugo was shocked when he first travelled through dimensions. Wouldn't we all?

- When Yuzu asked if Rin was Yugo's GF, he was embarrassed and denied it. (Classic signs of love right there)

- Yugo had a feeling that he was in an area exclusive to Tops, but by the time he realised, it was too late. In his defence though, he probs couldn't have controlled where he ended up when Yuzu had teleported him and her to the Synchro dimension.

- The subs reveal that the city is a society of free competition where the winners get everything (become one of the 1% who control 99% of the city's wealth), and the losers lose everything. To add, the tops-dwellers think of the Commons as scum/losers. I smell a sense of familarity there.

- Jack became the first king from the Commons after winning the Friendship cup, and Yugo and Rin made it their goal to participate in the Friendship Cup and duel Jack. (They also made Yugo's D-Wheel to face him in a riding duel)

- Furthermore this Jack isn't hiding the fact that he was a Common (unlike in 5Ds where Godwin hid the fact that he was from Satellite).

[/spoiler]

So here's a thought...
Considering Dennis' role in relation to the Fusion a Dimension, and how he is seemingly a parallel to Yuya...
Wouldn't it be safe to assume that Dennis is a reference to Jessie?

But we don't even know Dennis' full role, other than he knows Yuri. We don't even know if he originated in the Fusion Dimension, or if he's from one of the other Dimensions, or if he's a Standard who happens to be allied with the Fusion.

We don't even know for sure he's directly associated with the Fusion Dimension. It might be a connection exclusive to Yuri.

[spoiler=54 sub]

• Class system in Arc-V Neo Domino/City is rather reminiscent of real life; rich people monopolize a rather large amount of the total money but are the minority themselves.
    • The people in Tops Arc-V are also the same as a lot of Neo Domino citizens were in 5Ds; although status-wise, they are equal.
    • On an unrelated note, that same logic could be applied to YCM as well, in terms of the money/1% (in terms of the staff members [yeah, I have 37.6 percent of all of the money in YCM alone, e_e], although the money totals are probably lower in percentage; meh). Off-topic though.
  • I could swear that Yugo was having a "thing" when asked about his relation to Rin, but probably a subber's thing to correlate with the action.
    • Obviously not mentioning it by name, because of its nature.
  • Sector Security / Duel Chasers go back to old 5Ds mentality from the subtitles.
  • Well, at least we know how Jack ties into all this. Facility got mentioned, so likely he'll be using his manga form Deck instead of the anime one we all know.
    • And likely the same will go for Crow.

And yeah, a lot of my RAW thoughts carry over.

[/spoiler]

Alright, 99% of the wealth is held and monopolized by 1%?

1. How the flying fuck did people not realize the problem as it developed and stopped it.
  2. Those numbers are absurd.  That means nearly all of the residents are living off 1% of the total revenue of a large city.  They shouldn't even have houses.  Those numbers are so astronomically insane I can't even imagine it.
  3. Once again, those numbers.  Lets look at some math:

New york city expects to earn through grants, taxes, and other such revenue around 77.7 Billion Dollars after subtracting expenditures (from some fiscal report I found somewhere.  Not looking it up.  1% of that is 777 million dollars.

New york has a rough population of 8.3 million people.  99% of that is 8.217 million.  Lets see the net worth per person:

777 million / 8.217 million = $94.56 per year per person assuming everyone contributes equally to said wealth.

That's absolutely absurd.  the city would have to have a net wealth in beyond the trillions for the average people to be able to have a sustainable annual income.

Well, it is kinda near to real-life wealth distribution, even though that's for the whole world. In Nairobi, for example, 73% of citizens live with less than 35 USD per month, which is less than a dollar per day. Still nowhere near that abysmal 94.56 USD per year, but not as impossible as you think.

That, and it's completely possible that Yugo is simply making up numbers for emphasis. I wouldn't really think too hard about this. Sci-fi writers have no sense of scale, after all.

[spoiler='By the way']Apparently, Yuzu's bracelet has something different from the others, as it's the only one that appears to be able to teleport away the Yuya doppelgangers, since Rin's had no effect when Yuri and Yugo were close. So, is it that Yuzu is somehow special since she's from Standard, or do the bracelets have different powers?[/spoiler]

Well, the one thing that makes Dennies INCREDIBLY questionable is that he had a Polymerization, for whatever reason. It's likely that he is a Standard player, as Academia wouldn't use Xyz. And if he was from the Xyz dimension, he would've been hunted down and cardified. I doubt Academia would have been open to the prospect of making a deal. In all likelihood, Dennis' backstory of being a LDS student is probably true, as LDS students can dabble in more than one type of summon, though seem to choose not too, for whatever reason.

It's much more likely that Leo Akaba would have a special agent trained to infiltrate LDS and teach him how to use Xyz than an actual LDS student willingly join the Academy, tbh. I think that Dennis being from the Fusion Dimension is the theory most likely to be true given what we know now.

Well, it is kinda near to real-life wealth distribution, even though that's for the whole world. In Nairobi, for example, 73% of citizens live with less than 35 USD per month, which is less than a dollar per day. Still nowhere near that abysmal 94.56 USD per year, but not as impossible as you think.

That, and it's completely possible that Yugo is simply making up numbers for emphasis. I wouldn't really think too hard about this. Sci-fi writers have no sense of scale, after all.

[spoiler='By the way']Apparently, Yuzu's bracelet has something different from the others, as it's the only one that appears to be able to teleport away the Yuya doppelgangers, since Rin's had no effect when Yuri and Yugo were close. So, is it that Yuzu is somehow special since she's from Standard, or do the bracelets have different powers?[/spoiler]

nonono you misunderstand.  I was calculating estimated cumulative net worth at the end of this fiscal year, not Yearly Income.  I mean that everyone is worth 94 dollars by the end of the fiscal year.  That includes property, valuable possessions, stock presence, and anything else recognized by the government in addition to financial wealth.

Imagine if everything you owned and all of your on hand or in back money added up to a net total of $94. That means my freaking Wii back at home is worth more than your entire existence.

nonono you misunderstand.  I was calculating estimated cumulative net worth at the end of this fiscal year, not Yearly Income.  I mean that everyone is worth 94 dollars by the end of the fiscal year.  That includes property, valuable possessions, stock presence, and anything else recognized by the government in addition to financial wealth.

Imagine if everything you owned and all of your on hand or in back money added up to a net total of $94. That means my freaking Wii back at home is worth more than your entire existence.

In which case, it's even less implausible since y'know, inhabitants of slums rarely possess anything more than the house they live in - sometimes not even that. I can't say it for certain, as I don't know the exact numbers, but I'm pretty sure that it IS true that your wii is worth more (financially) than the existence of many people.

Still, you're right that this abysmal portrait doesn't exactly line up with what we've been shown of AU Neo Domino City. I mean... it's most definitely NOT Nairobi, so to speak. Plus, I guess that cards cost quite a lot there too. Still, we can assume that Neo Domino City is bigger than New York, plus New York doesn't have all the fancy deploying autoroutes and stuff. So, maybe the 1% of Neo Domino is that filthy rich?

I just figured the whole 1% with 99% of wealth was just a reference to capitalism, with the numbers probably exaggerated either due to Yugo not comprehending the mathematics behind it, or the writers not comprehending the implications of the numbers. It's probably not going to be THAT significant a detail, but it gets the concept across: There's a tiny fraction of the population who are so freaking wealthy they essentially have control of everything in the city.

It's probably just hyperbole.

I just figured the whole 1% with 99% of wealth was just a reference to capitalism, with the numbers probably exaggerated either due to Yugo not comprehending the mathematics behind it, or the writers not comprehending the implications of the numbers. It's probably not going to be THAT significant a detail, but it gets the concept across: There's a tiny fraction of the population who are so freaking wealthy they essentially have control of everything in the city.

It's probably just hyperbole.

I think we all agree on that (after all, the whole 99% thing was a famous slogan of the Occupy movement). It's just that speculating is fun :P

Well, the one thing that makes Dennies INCREDIBLY questionable is that he had a Polymerization, for whatever reason. It's likely that he is a Standard player, as Academia wouldn't use Xyz. And if he was from the Xyz dimension, he would've been hunted down and cardified. I doubt Academia would have been open to the prospect of making a deal. In all likelihood, Dennis' backstory of being a LDS student is probably true, as LDS students can dabble in more than one type of summon, though seem to choose not too, for whatever reason.

Maybe it's just user preference?
Not all Archetypes are capable of pulling random monsters out of a hat, so that is likely another key behind the kinds of performances they are capable of.
IE, if a deck prefers to Synchro Summon, then I highly doubt they will venture outside of that, given the intended script.

Suuuuurge of nostalgia.

Love how they briefly went back to cover D-Wheels and Riding Duels like the 5Ds pre-OP narration.

Have not heard the Riding Duel Autopilot voice in ages. Speed World Neo appears to be an alt-universe version of Speed World 2. Can't wait to see how it functions.

Tops/Commons? It's the old City/Satellite type segregation from last timeline. Only with less of a physical barrier.

It's because they made references to 5Ds starting from here that I'm going back to listen to old 5Ds openings for nostalgia. (And of course, my Ruka avatar change)

But yeah, I'm interested in how it [Speed World Neo] functions [and whether or not we get Speed Spells again]. Although given this one lacks the SPC boosting effect, I doubt it.

I would hope for another opening by Masa'aki Endoh in ARC-V, but not getting my hopes for it in the near future.

During the 5Ds era, Spells had a great impact in the game's speed, so Speed Spells were meant to balance this out a bit and excuse the fact the main characters didn't quite play at the same level as IRL. However, that is not really needed anymore. If anything now they made the opposite of what Speed Spells represented, this time in the form of Action Cards. Instead of limiting the ways decks are played, Action Duels let them do everything they normally could do, and Action Cards are just a bonus.

That said, I think that Speed Spells from Speed World Neo might be a thing, but more in line to the state of the game in the present, so I kind of expect them to be bonus cards, but instead of hunting for them like in Action Duels all over the place, I think they'd be more like those things you step on when playing Mario Kart which give you some sort of ability.... probably.

During the 5Ds era, Spells had a great impact in the game's speed, so Speed Spells were meant to balance this out a bit and excuse the fact the main characters didn't quite play at the same level as IRL. However, that is not really needed anymore. If anything now they made the opposite of what Speed Spells represented, this time in the form of Action Cards. Instead of limiting the ways decks are played, Action Duels let them do everything they normally could do, and Action Cards are just a bonus.

That said, I think that Speed Spells from Speed World Neo might be a thing, but more in line to the state of the game in the present, so I kind of expect them to be bonus cards, but instead of hunting for them like in Action Duels all over the place, I think they'd be more like those things you step on when playing Mario Kart which give you some sort of ability.... probably.

That is actually a very cool idea. Kart Games on Motorcycles?

[spoiler=Ruri's Hair colour]

So I think someone already mentioned that is very likely that Ruri's hair is going to be yellow, well here are more hints that Ruri's hair is yellow

jnbAuTJ.png

Another clue is this

ZygHuP9.jpg

Look closely at the colours

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Ruri's Hair colour]

So I think someone already mentioned that is very likely that Ruri's hair is going to be yellow, well here are more hints that Ruri's hair is yellow

jnbAuTJ.png

Another clue is this

ZygHuP9.jpg

Look closely at the colours

[/spoiler]

Ooh, I like this theory.

Although Overlay Units take the color of the Xyz's Attribute that they're attached to. They're only yellow if it's a LIGHT Xyz. Then again, Yuto and Shun both used DARK Xyz, so the contrast might work just fine.

Archived