YCM Network

Night

Username: H.N. Elly

How do you plan to contribute?: I could manga/anime reviews, though I don't have any recording/video making equipment, so anything I do would have to be posted, PM'd to somebody in script form. I could also do DN Duels with anybody, though this would have to be between 9:00 - 10:00 pm UTC, which is when I know I could play without interruption, and even better on weekends, during which I would have more time. I'm pretty flexible, so I could do anything people asked me to do (like Hina's intern).

I was thinking of doing a manga review thing so a collaboration could happen? Also, in the event of a collab all you really need is an audio recorder. Face cam isn't necessary.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking of doing a manga review thing so a collaboration could happen? Also, in the event of a collab all you really need is an audio recorder. Face cam isn't necessary.

That's the thing  don't have a microphone, but I have Audacity (though I'm not very skilled with it), so I could try doing something with that?

The Akatsuki can hardly ever get together so I give up. So who else here is interested in anime related stuff (manga is fine too, but it's been a while)

Me, and D.A. could do a collab with you like he said.

You don't actually need a mic to make videos. You know, not every video has to be a narrated commentary or something like that. Heck, even then, there's channels like Yugioh4RealMen (or however the channel is spelled out).

Also, it IS kind of important to know what the plan is for monetization in case it ever happens, since, you know, people might not want to be giving content to someone who is just going to keep all the money for themselves, rather than use it for the site/not use ads/monetize. Not that it's anywhere guaranteed it would happen.

New people added.

Firstly, I can vouch that OBS is the best possible recording software that is indeed free. 

If for whatever reason you don't want to use OBS, just use whatever you're comfortable with. It really isn't that big of a deal. 

Second, I doubt you guys have any clue how YouTube monetization works, but I can assure you we won't make any money off of this. If it makes you feel any better, if we somehow do manage to make even a dollar off of the channel, all 30 of us will split it and we'll all be 3.33 cents richer. 

Honestly, let's just make content. I'm usually just as meticulous, overly so, but all of the planning doesn't mean shit if we don't actually get any content up. 

My only hopes of using any voice is if I'm home alone, cause I don't want my parents coming in asking me who I'm talking to.

I have a voice-recording app on my phone that I can email to myself and put it in video format, so that'll work too.

Either my post was deleted or I posted it somewhere else. I tried to look where said post was, but apparently it's just lost somewhere...

Anyways, I was saying that I can do a video on the concept I was talking about. I have already made a deck and recorded some duels with it, so all I would need to do is add narration and do some minor editing.

The first video of the channel should definitely be an introduction, though.

I forget. What is the maximum length of videos currently? On my account I can submit videos of any length, but if I remember correctly there is a less than 15 minute limit on newer accounts until a certain period. If it's just less than 15 that's fine, but the video I have ready is 12 minutes with major trimming and I'm worried the limit is 10 minutes.

Archived