YCM Network

Night

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Username: Muten Roshi (Mr. Couver on YouTube)

How do you plan to contribute?: From the simple giving of opinions of ideas that peak my interests, to creating discussion topics (As videos, of course) about anything that I feel needs to be addressed, whether it be about current news (Both national and worldwide), pop culture (Preferably movies, TV Shows, novels, etc.), and even topics of my own personal means that I believe require input. I'll even go as far as being Thar's understudy for Let's Reads when he's too busy to do it himself. I even have Source Filmmaker (But I'm still learning everything about it), so I can go so far as to making short movies with both TF2 models and custom models that I find on GarrysMod.org. But, that's another discussion for another day.

So, it appears that Dropbox is the simplest way to ensure that the content made for the channel gets uploaded, correct? I'm fine with that, but I just need some clarification on if this is how we're gonna do this.

Also, if anyone is interested, I am trying to figure out how to stream through the programs listed on the Twitch Website (I'm still trying to figure out how to stream without any problems coming up). When I get that figured out, I can further Y-tak's idea of playing Cards Against Humanity in the form of streaming through the channel itself. And if I'm unable to do it, I'll be fine with someone else doing it. Anyone interested?

EDIT: The program I'm learning to stream with is OBS. Take that as you will.

Alright, so who can do video editing and is willing to do it for people who can't?

I can do it, but we're going to need a lot more than just me.

I can do basic stuff in Premiere; Edit colors, change speed, add text to the screen/etc.
Assuming, of course, we don't need anything beyond that.

I have had a brilliant idea: What if instead of dramatic readings for fics, we do vagina monologues for them instead? (For those who don't know what a VM is, check out Yugioh Abridged Vagina Monologue.)

As hilarious as that video was, and as hilarious as that sounds, the magic was in the ambient laughter. If we could get a group together on Skype or something and have someone read it, that would work better.

As hilarious as that video was, and as hilarious as that sounds, the magic was in the ambient laughter. If we could get a group together on Skype or something and have someone read it, that would work better.

I like the idea but it should be something separate to normal fic readings. 

And not as frequent.

Also we can replace the words with something else

Like Kaiba.

We can turn

I have never eaten caramel ice cream

Into 

I have never eaten caramel kaiba cream

Recommendation for people to record in full-screen, to cut out all the distracting browser stuff. Or send the video to an editor to change the dimensions via resizing or adding black bars.

Also, credit music, guys. Or generally make sure not to use copyrighted stuff.

Username: Tentacruel

Contribution:  I have Premier, but I'm probably not as well versed as other members.  I have a condenser mic and a capture card, so I can assist in gameplay type videos if need be, or podcasts if that ends up happening. 

My schedule is limiting right now, so I can't commit too much, but I'll try to help where I can. 

I have had a brilliant vagina: What if instead of dramatic readings for vaginas, we do vagina vaginas for them instead? (For vaginas who don't know what a VM is, check out Vagina Abridged Vagina Vagina.)

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Agro: Username

No idea: What you plan to contribute

Well we arent doing it for a profit so I dont see the bad part. But I guess youtube is always picky with that.

Even for non-profit, it's still good practice. Partially because things can still be taken down, and also because it's good courtesy to do so.

We can use any music, but sometimes they don't get past the filter no matter what you do, meaning you have to change the tone or something to make it usable.

Alright, so who can do video editing and is willing to do it for people who can't?

Me, also with Sony Vegas~ though unlike Daemoaned, I don't have After Effects. Not yet anyway. I'll be sure to install it though over the next coming months.

Recommendation for people to record in full-screen, to cut out all the distracting browser stuff. Or send the video to an editor to change the dimensions via resizing or adding black bars.

OR you can just use Camtasia, which can directly record the content within a browser, and even focus on the activity of any Flash game playing within. It's the best recording program out there, at least as far as I'm concerned. It has a 30-day trial, but I'm using the full version.

If I use any music, I generally will note them in the credits or something.

[I do have an opening sequence that uses parts of Counterattack from the 5Ds OST, but since I'm not very active on Youtube, hasn't been seen often; or people besides you guys won't recognize it. Should put a credit in the description for safe measure though if I didn't]

Either stuff will come from some anime soundtracks I managed to find or w/e (depending if it fits the theme)

[If the 3Ds mic works, then that's what I'll use to voice record/shoot videos. Just need to make sure I have it on me when needed; since college starts up again tomorrow]

Oh, that reminds me: If we're gonna use anything from the actual anime, it might be safer to flip it so as to avoid all those copyright stuff that plague LittleKuriboh and everyone else.

I have the whole 5D's and ZEXAL OSTs, as well as the PMMM OST and the SNK OST, so for me, background music isn't really a problem.

Quick reminder for those who are creating/planning content;

Anything yugioh-related should be sent to or discussed with either Aix or Caeda as I'm no help when it comes to that subject. Similarly, if anyone's planning any art-related content you should probably discuss it with me. 

Archived