Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Phantom Roxas

Hopefully we do get the Shiny Diancie event eventually.

That, and the Shiny X/Y mascots.

I have no idea what I'm going to do about the Hoopa event. There's obviously a McDonald's here, but I'm just not a fan of the place so I rarely ever go. I might take a trip there one day just to get it, I don't know. I have some time to figure out what I'm going to do.

I don't know either. 

There is one down the street from where I live (well, on the bus route anyway); maybe I can stop over for a bite or something on the way home + try my luck, but I doubt it. Not sure about the usual one I go to; mentioned this part earlier.

If none of the McD's down here are participating, then it will suck.

Hopefully there is one within reasonable distance; I am not going to the other side of the island just for Hoopa (or in some place that I don't really want to go) if that's the only place they have it.

Yeah, I would've been fine with this being at Gamestop or Nintendo Network, instead of McD's (really don't know why they choose there, of all places, besides the multiple locations).

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully we will get the Shiny Diancie event eventually

That, and the Shiny X/Y mascots.

Personally, I'm not too concerned about the Shiny Xerneas and Yveltal as I have the ones from the Japanese events, despite being a pain to obtain from fb.

If we don't get the Shiny Diancie over in the west, I wouldn't be too surprised but we'll just have to see.

Yeah, I had to fight rush-hour traffic on the day I went to pick up Alpha Sapphire (November 21st).

But worth it, because of the poster and stuff. 

As for Hoopa, I haven't forgotten but will probably have to wait until next week or something (because not going McDonalds today/tomorrow). 

Just hope that there is internet at whatever one I go.

• 2 weeks later...

On a more relevant note, the rules for VGC 2016 have been revealed:

- ORAS only

- Battle format is doubles

- Can use any pokemon from 1-720 that are 6th gen born

- Teams can't have Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie or Hoopa.

- Teams cannot have more than two of the following: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde

- Pokémon must be in Battle Box

- Pokémon can mega evolve

- Soul Dew is forbidden

- Pokémon are set to level 50

- HAs are allowed

- Any item that's been released in gen 6, Global Link or events are allowed

- Blue Pentagon is a must

Y'know, the general stuff.

Meh, I could care less about this rulebook (though they have released all legendaries that currently exist in Gen 6, so...)

At least we can use Mega Rayquaza (though I suspect a lot of people are going to be spamming the hell out of that).

As for Hoopa, I still have to get it, but going to McDonalds with internet will be a pain in the ass. 

I really have no idea why the hell they decided to do this; Nintendo Network would've been sufficient enough.

They let the other Ubers loose, so it was only fair they let it in; albeit the backlash people have about it.

But yeah, M-Rayquaza is probably going to be very dominant (if not on every single team) in this thing.

They might as well allow Soul Dew for all that's worth, since M-Rayquaza is more painful than my Eons holding their signature item.

IDK, I don't participate in these things anyway due to lack of time/interest.

had a couple of matches yesterday, and and almost swept an entire uber team with togekiss. i'm beginning to think people don't know how to properly use legendary pokemon.

Some people don't. (I'm going to assume they had subpar movesets or just spammed the hell out of every high-power move they have without strategy).

Granted, I tend to use legendaries a lot, but I know how to do it. (Some of it comes from Smogon and stuff)

Also feels good when I smash the AI's legendary team in with my own in XY/ORAS.

Some people don't. (I'm going to assume they had subpar movesets or just spammed the hell out of every high-power move they have without strategy).

Granted, I tend to use legendaries a lot, but I know how to do it. (Some of it comes from Smogon and stuff)

Also feels good when I smash the AI's legendary team in with my own in XY/ORAS.

it was worse than that, the team was dialga, palkia and hoopa unbound.

He sent out dialga and used roar of time. On togekiss. When that didn't work, he used earth power. Those of you who know togekiss should have some idea how hard i was laughing at that point after two moonblasts for over half it's health. then he swapped out for hoopa i killed it easy. afterwards i killed the palkia (he used spacial rend. twice.) and after he switched back to dialga, i learn that he had flash cannon. The man had flash cannon. on dialga, and he went with roar of time and earth power against togekiss. he managed to kill togekiss, but then metagross killed him. that was the saddest match i'd ever had against a legendary team.

I'm going to assume that guy either forgot that Togekiss is now partly Fairy or some other thing.

Roar of Time is crap, and especially bad against Fairies.

If I wanted Dialga to nuke something, Draco Meteor is years better.

Sure, I lose half my SpAtk and overall power is weakened, but at least I am not a sitting duck recharging from Roar of Time (or Hyper Beam, which is pretty much what it is).

But yeah, Togekiss got its Normal typing swapped for Fairy; it still has that Flying type to evade Earthquake or whatever.

If he had used Flash Cannon earlier, then your Togekiss might've been creamed (or at least maimed by then, depending on your stat spread and his).

Yay! soon i can get the only new legend that i want besides diancie.

I'm going to assume that guy either forgot that Togekiss is now partly Fairy or some other thing.
Roar of Time is crap, and especially bad against Fairies.

If I wanted Dialga to nuke something, Draco Meteor is years better.
Sure, I lose half my SpAtk and overall power is weakened, but at least I am not a sitting duck recharging from Roar of Time (or Hyper Beam, which is pretty much what it is).

But yeah, Togekiss got its Normal typing swapped for Fairy; it still has that Flying type to evade Earthquake or whatever.

If he had used Flash Cannon earlier, then your Togekiss might've been creamed (or at least maimed by then, depending on your stat spread and his).

I understood the first move, I've made the same mistake from time to time, but he used spacial rend later on in the match, and earth power immediately after the first mistake. he essentially lost two of his own pokemon before realizing the the first one he used was the only one able to do anything significant to togekiss since it took two flash cannons to kill him. (and even then, had any of the ancientpower attacks gotten the boost, game would have been a full sweep).

Especially since some people would want something of equal value or shinies they don't have yet or something.

Yeah, that's why I don't like trading with guys over the PSS and all.

(Hell, even the GTS asks for stuff like that; want Arceus or some other thing that is virtually impossible to get.)

Maybe they'll have another instance of Hoopa if some of us can't get the McDonald's one.

They did that for Diancie.

Archived