Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Phantom Roxas

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

promo-month-of-mew-237x80.jpg

The event which can get you a Mew is currently live in quite some countries (for some time already). Don't forget to get it while you still can. Also you get a unique code per Nintendo 3Ds, or at least where I got mine; so no multiples if own a few different games... I suppose it is to keep Mew as elusive as it currently is.

Sorry if this is considered necrobumping

I think we'd all appreciate the ability to soft reset for good natures (as opposed to the HA Johto starters for PokeBank), though I have to do full reset since my L/R buttons are shot (and can't soft reset). Not that it's a problem though.

Don't really mind natures too much on Pokes I rarely use, except if they cut stats that I really want them to have.

----

Just have to make sure I have space on cartridge, since I have been doing a lot of breeding as of late. (Oh wait, I still have Bank)

IMO having locked natures on pokemon you can breed is fine. 90% of the time your going to want to get egg moves and your unlikely to have good IV normally. Honestly, one of the best things they did in the 6th gen is making Babies and Legendary pokemon have 3 perfect IVs goes a LONG way towards making them useable with only a few resets.

Yeah, 3 perfect IVs is a good thing (and makes breeding a bit easier / cuts down on resets). Only thing to worry about is whether/not the perfect IVs are in stats you want to be maximized.

I know that I've had to reset White 2 quite a few times just to get IVs on legendaries that I can be satisified with [not perfect, but at least over 20 in the places I want them] and nature; I don't play competitively, so perfect IVs aren't too much of an issue.

----

Also feels good when resulting eggs land up with 6 perfect IVs.

Might not be the right place for this, but Gamefreak/Nintendo copywrote the name Delta Emerald. Maybe a Pokemon Z+ DE coupling?

Isn't this from a while back? Pretty sure the post-game of ORAS used that name. Granted its weird they would copy right a name for something like that, but companies due strange things.

We can VERY easily get an announcement of the next game in CoroCoro in a few weeks so we'll know soon enough.

Isn't this from a while back? Pretty sure the post-game of ORAS used that name. Granted its weird they would copy right a name for something like that, but companies due strange things.We can VERY easily get an announcement of the next game in CoroCoro in a few weeks so we'll know soon enough.

They usually couple 2 games for releases so Z and Delta Emerald toghether would quite nice. Idk was just speculating

They usually couple 2 games for releases so Z and Delta Emerald toghether would quite nice. Idk was just speculating

The 3rd game is typically standalone. The first time they broke that pattern was with W2/B2. Don't get me wrong, anything can happen, but having 2 games for 2 different regions come out at the same time would be weird.

The 3rd game is typically standalone. The first time they broke that pattern was with W2/B2. Don't get me wrong, anything can happen, but having 2 games for 2 different regions come out at the same time would be weird.

but i sure would spend twice the money

If Delta Emerald were confirmed to be real (or Pokemon Z / whatever ends up as the 3rd game), then I'd probably buy it (provided that I have enough money for it).

So far, I liked OR/AS (but a lot of things I haven't done yet). Yeah, I still haven't done the Super Battles in the Battle Resort (at least the 50+ fight one) or gotten Garchompite b/c it is a pain in the ass to get flags.

Given the fact that the 3rd installment in Pokemon games, of a series of games, tends to give away Legendaries/etc that were otherwise IRL-location-event-only in the previous games....

I get the feeling Delta Emerald will include Hoopa/Volcanion/etc in some in-game event.

Well, this is interesting. I wonder if this means they're skipping a third game and going straight to gen 7? Have they ever added a Pokemon in the middle of a generation?

not that i know of, but it could be another pseudo that gets added after volcanion. 

Could be (and might've been a Pokemon that wasn't coded into X/Y or OR/AS at the beginning; hence why we didn't hear about it until now).

But as far as I remember, they didn't add new Pokes in the middle of generations.

Typing-wise, considering its species says "android", definitely Steel but not sure on the other Type. Could be like Klefki though, but we'll have to see.

Well, this is interesting. I wonder if this means they're skipping a third game and going straight to gen 7? Have they ever added a Pokemon in the middle of a generation?

They've never increased the expected number of Pokemon mid Gen. In fact, during the first Pokemon Symphony I believe when they played the catch all pokemon theme it said 721. This was before they had even revealed most of the new event mon.

They have a LONG history of pokemon showing up before their games though.

Donphan and Lugia were in the gen 1 movies. Donphan was shown over a year before Gen 2 start, Lugia a few months.

Latios and Latias were in the 2nd gen movies. Gen 3 came out later that year.

Lucario and Manaphy were in the 3rd gen movies. Lucario was shown over a year before Gen 4 started, Manaphy a few months.

Zoroark was in the 4th gen movies. Gen 5 came out later that year.

Mega Mewtwo was in the 5th gen movie. Gen 6 started later that year.

Just going on the movies it would suggest Gen 7 would start later this year, however Donphan and Lucario does show they will start showing the new Pokemon well before the release. On top of this you have Pokemon like Ho-oh, Togepi, and Munchlax who showed up in the anime WELL before their gens started. Munchlax was shown in May of 2004 with Gen 4 starting in Japan in September of 2006.

tl;dr We've always had pokemon shown off before their Gen started. Its still very safe to assume Z comes out this year and Gen 7 starts next year.

For the full list

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:Caciulacdlac/Pokémon_that_appeared_before_their_generation

A number of them are close to when the next Gen starts, but we also have a bunch that were shown over a year early.

Archived