Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

Talim's been inactive for over a year; both in this club and CC overall. If she wanted to quit the club, then she should've done it earlier. Most of the time I see her is in RP. At least Sonic gave us a notice that he dropped. 

But that being said, only member who's even remotely active on the "probation" list is Surraco. I already pointed out the other two members who tried to join (and are worth mentioning). 

===

EDIT: The Xyz creation game is reborn, so if you guys want to do stuff in there, go. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May's AGM Deck Challenge ends when May does, so if you want to get those 1000 Points (or spot in the group), be sure to submit your Dova Decks (filled with cards he designed, or cards that were made as gifts to him) by the end of the day!

June's challenge, which begins tomorrow, is going to be our final Member Spotlight, and I need to remember the link to the randomizer website I've been using!

OK third thought, I'll come back to my old stuff after making Archaevil.

Archaevil (pronounced Arc-Evil) is Earthbound Immortals, 2.0! These guys are Level 8 DARK Fiend-type Effect Monsters that are summoned from the Hand, Deck, or Graveyard with their corresponding Continuous Spell, an Archaevil Scripture, in a style not unlike Raigeki Bottle, gaining counters every time you summon a DARK or Fiend monster (gaining two if your monster is both). Instead of massive beasts of power, they're famous, malicious beings from mythology with modern twists! Loki playing a sinister organ. Kronos with a bladed motorcycle instead of a scythe. Satan himself dual-weilding flamthrowers. Etc. They have wonderful effects with costs as simple as discarding cards, and while you can only control three, if you're REALLY good, you can make those three last you all the way to victory, regardless of whose victory it is!

June's challenge, and the last AGM Member Spotlight (at least for this year), is one on Sakura! You must focus on cards designed by (Electric Field, Fantasy Wyvern, Show Jumper, ZPD, Firefighter Dragon, YCM Heavenly Sovereign, a bunch of Pokémon-related generics, and like a third of our generic Synchro lineup) or for (the mo'o line I made last Christmas, Blossom Dragons) him.

Fun fact: When doing these member challenges, I rolled values for the big contributors (where there would be enough variety to make it an actual challenge) in a randomizer, and the result was the month's challenge. Each person's "value" was actually done alphabetically:

1. Champion0

2. Dova

3. Draconus297

4. Egotisticalghost

5. Nyx

6. Sakura

7. Tinkerer

Tojin, you've been around forever, but you've done like four archetypes, last I checked.

Also note that Psychic Dragons are in the accepted list, so yeah, those count too (despite them being Dragon Synchro / Xyz spam to an extent).

[spoiler=Stuff I didn't add to the original threads, but are there for convenience]
Ovnb-en007.jpg

Number 117: Show Jumper Master Ānuenue
Rank 4 | LIGHT | Pyro | Xyz | Effect
2200/1700
2 Level 4 monsters
You can activate this card's ① and ② effects once per turn. ① You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 "Show Jumper" monster in your Graveyard or among your banished cards; return it to the hand. ② If a "Show Jumper" monster is returned to the hand: You can banish 1 random card from your opponent's hand. ③ If this card you control is destroyed by your opponent's card (by battle or card effect): You can Special Summon 1 "Show Jumper" monster from your hand or Graveyard, except "Number 117: Show Jumper Master Ānuenue".

Ovnb-en008.jpg

Number 118: Phoenix Guardian - Hellfire Incarnate
Rank 4 | FIRE | Winged Beast | Xyz | Effect
2300/1800
2 or more Level 4 Winged Beast monsters
① While this card has Xyz Material, when a "Phoenix Guardian" monster you control is Summoned: Your opponent takes damage equal to its Level or Rank x 200. ② Once per turn: You can destroy a number of cards on the field, up to the number of Xyz Materials on this card, then detach 1 Xyz Material from this card.

(You can ignore the Number status and treat them as plain members.)

====

ZPD stuff

ZPD Secret Investigation

Normal Spell

You can only activate 1 effect of "ZPD Investigation" per turn, and only once that turn. ① Shuffle 5 "ZPD" cards in your hand and/or Graveyard into the Deck, then draw 2 cards. ② During either player's turn: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; excavate the top 5 cards of your Deck, then you can add 1 of those cards to your hand, also place the remaining cards at the bottom of your Deck.

ZPD Arrest

Counter Trap

① When your opponent Summons a monster while you control a "ZPD" monster: Negate the Summon, and if you do, banish it.

(There's also a Spell Card that's essentially a Archetype version of Trickstar Reincarnation [but less irritating], along with Zoodiac-style upgrades for Judy/Nick, but I'll leave those off for the time being)

As for Numerix, the ones that I made are:
- 61 (Vengeful Mage)
- 84 (Destroyer Death Dog)
- 91 (Eternalwinter Shiragiku)
- 92 (Elite Equestrian Star Goldrider); also cross-referenced as Number 71 on my Wikia.
- 102 (Eternalsummer Hibiscus)

If you need help finding which ones are mine, feel free to ask. Mine generally have a ton of accented characters or something. 

====

Also note to drop some of the recent creations from the Synchro/Xyz games into the generic pool. 

Oh right, and now that COTD is out; any consensus on what to do about Cyberse (if they get added w/out the associated Link stuff)?

Like I mentioned before, I have no problem with Cyberse as a Type. If it's not explicitly Link stuff, we can develop them in a completely different direction from the one they're being pushed in using some of Konami's cards.

So, any Cyberse cards that are neither Links, nor directly support for Links (either as part of a Link archetype or by directly referencing Link format mechanics), are free to be made part of the AGM.

At least, that's my opinion. However, I completely understand if someone else doesn't like the Type and vetoes it. Again, it's a matter of apathy- I don't actually care.

Right now, they aren't explicitly connected to Link Monsters or the new field set up so we can do whatever right now. A lot of the Link stuff is Cyberse-Type, but that's about all you have to deal with.

I'm neutral on them right now, so either way is fine (add them or not). Not like I have a ton of Cyberse generics to add anyway. 

I mean, the only thing it would change for me is making a Cyberse-Type Spellbound, which would likely be their one and only two-Tribute monster because why the hell not. However, I'd need to get creative, because it would need to be another two effects that the archetype doesn't have (God-King Mellaxis's gimmick being what it is).

Beyond that, no problem from me.

EDIT:

I do think I'll be doing Wyvernite, but I honestly want to bang out more legacy support first. Also, Nyx, how's your legacy thread going?

Wyvernite

This is a small archetype of EARTH Dragons- mostly Gemini with a few legitimate Normal monsters and like two full-on Effect monsters mixed in (one of which is basically a True King)- and a few FIRE Rocks that act as their eggs- think the baby dinosaurs, mixed in with cards like Carboneddon or CyDra Core. Most of the support the Rocks do lets Normal monsters be stupidly effective, allowing you to SS Normal Dragons from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard, and/or grant them solid effects, but a few of them do actually support just the archetype.

As for what they do, Wyvernite is a Fusion archetype that hits somewhere between Invoked and Metalfoes with having loose Material requirements (some Fusions are based on Attribute, some on statline, and some require a certain monster category, like "Fusion monster", "Effect monster" or "Synchro monster"), because they have archetypal variants of Shaddoll Fusion, Super Poly, and Invocation, to use your opponent's stuff to shove a wide variety of big beaters (most of which with solid effects) right in your opponent's face. That said, they do have a few really solid archetypal Tuners, including one that Summons a non-Effect Dragon from basically anywhere if it leaves the field by any means . . . which means you can Synchro with it to drop a Blue-Eyes on your opponent if you're really hurting for stats. You see, only one of their main Deck members hits the classic BEWD statline, and your going to be using all your copies of it up pretty quickly because Fusion archetype.

I dunno if you were waiting for someone else to vouch for it, but I did notice my "Chemistry Dino" stuff isn't in the OP.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/363408-chemistry-dino-support-written-pseudo-agm/

I know I had thrown a couple of these in the generics pool before I made the thread, so some of 'em are already approved.

How does the rest of the AGM feel about Cyberse as a whole? Draco and I are technically fine with them (provided they don't go explicitly with the new mechanics), but yeah.

As for next project, refer back to the list I posted last page or something. Or might be WIndy; idk, we'll see how much time I have to make stuff for the rest of the month due to summer school. (Basically doing it to make sure I have a full schedule this fall)

True true.  I've been even more on-off with that than I have been with AGM supports.

Anyways, yeah I still kinda wanna add Cyberse to the AGM pool despite not having any Cyberse cards on-hand to add to the pool.  If we do though, can I say that they could possibly run with the theme of "anti-extra deck" (i.e. in relation to how Cyberse came with Links, a mechanic designed to weaken ED-heavy decks) in the way that Psychics ran with Synchro and Pyro with burn?  I mean, not every support card has to be devoted to that theme, but it would be nice for us to go with a whole different route than what Konami seems to be doing with Cyberse so far.

Cyberse are essentially "promote Yusaku.dek and yeah, that generally implies Link Summoning and other stuff this club isn't intended to be dealing with". We can certainly do something else with them that fits our needs. 

Then again, why Konami decided not to make a player using Wyrms despite introducing them at the start of ARC-V; idk. 

It was alphabetized. You're only the lowest number because of your username. I'm only third because you and Dova both come before me alphabetically, which is just the happiest accident ever.

Oh no, It's just that whenever randomization is involved, I seem to be assigned the lowest number. I'm not bothered by it on its own, but the odd coincidence of it is intense.

I really dislike Cyberse as a type, due to it feeling even more redundant to me than Wyrms. But it's just personal, and will probably get used to it eventually.

You're not the only one. Even a bunch of TCG users [black included] commented that the entire Cyberse thing could've been made as an Archetype and not its own Type, and other monsters that don't fit into existing stuff could've gotten a new one to differentiate them. 

Wyrms were only made so they wouldn't cash in on Dragon support for days, and yet they still have no searchers. Cyberse will get a ton of support because main character privileges.

====

But yeah, I support adding them, but if they don't come around, I'm not going to be bothered. 

The addition to Cyberse:

I'm rather indifferent. Yes, I think it was a needless addition to the Types of Yugioh. Though, even if Link mosnters aren't added to Archetype Generator Meta, I don't think the addition would hurt. I could go either way really.

And yeah; it would be cooler for VRAINS to showcase Wyrm more.

Archived