IRL abilities/perks

Darj

I believe most of YCMers know how some games involve different perks, abilities, etc.

For instance, in Call of Duty games you can build and customize characters with different abilities (perks) that are combat-related, such as running, climbing or reloading faster, being invisible to radars or automated weapons, detect mines, etc.

In Pokemon (since Gen III), they got abilities with different effects in battle and/or the field, such as immunity to burns or freezing, attack or defense boosts, etc.

Well, you get the idea.

So... taking this concept to IRL, which do you think are your abilities/perks? Things you have a natural ease at doing, innate traits, quirks or skills. I don't know you. Also, preferably mention things that you believe are uncommon or that few people have. For instance, saying your ability is "I can type" is meh... unless you mean "I can type faster than the average person".

To give an example of what I mean, I am listing a couple of traits that I would call my IRL perks:

Cold Blooded: Resistance to heat, weakness to cold.

I have a tolerance to heat, and even enjoy and prefer it over cold any day. When I'm am outside with other people, often they would complain on the heat when I'm just fine and comfortable (and when the day gets too hot that even I feel annoyed by it, I can only imagine how they are taking it).

On the other hand... I can't stand cold. For instance, I often get too cold under A/C while the rest are just fine.

I have not looked up on this yet, but someone once told me that it was because I had a thinner skin, or something like that. And in theory it makes sense: it means less protection from cold, and handling heat better through transpiration and whatnot.

Lynx Eyes: Improved eyesight.

This is just a suspicion and I have not bothered with confirming it, but I feel I have a better sight than the average person. Sometimes I spot small things that others cannot see, or at least I detect them faster, or when walking outside I will spot people I know and stumble upon before they recognize me. Not saying it's perfect, because I have missed stuff that others spot right away on some occasions; but still, I dare to say that I got a slight advantage with sight, perhaps a mere 3% if not less.

I have my theories for explaining this, and I doubt I was simply born with a slightly better eyesight, but developed it.

Yeah, I gave them "names" as if they were in a game, just to be silly and creative. You don't have to name your perks/abilities/whatever, but it would be cool if you did.

Heavy Sleeper: I'm easily the heaviest sleeper I know. My friends have often told me that waking me up requires at least a minute of shaking me and calling my name, and sometimes it doesn't work. I sleep through earthquakes, alarm clocks, fire alarms, whatever. If I'm ever asleep on the couch my roommates know they can safely do whatever the hell they want like watch tv or play games or whatever. Also, oftentimes my dreams are affected by whatever's going on around me, such as if something is on tv or if people are holding a conversation. I'll be dreaming about some situation and the people in the dream are saying what I later realize to be exact quotes from a movie or something. Or I'll wake up and I'll know what my friends had been talking about while I was asleep since it came up in my dream.

Sleep[action]: I sleep talk to the point where I'll hold entire conversations with people, which I never remember myself but I get told about after the fact. I walk in my sleep, eat in my sleep, I've even fallen asleep in class and continued to take notes on multiple occasions (though the quality of the handwriting is extremely poor). One time, all while asleep, I walked from my room downstairs, made a sandwich, took it back to my bed and ate half of it, leaving the other half on a plate next to me in bed which I ate when I woke up the next morning. 

Tolerance to Illness: Whenever I feel like I'm going to get sick for whatever reason, I just tell myself, "Stop." and it goes away. For example, there have been times where I've felt like crap and been about to vomit, until I think, "Oh right, this sucks, let's not do this." and I instantly don't have to vomit anymore and go about my day perfectly fine. Though sometimes it's merely a matter of just ignoring whatever it is, like a headache or sore throat. 

Blunt I am blunt and generally say whatever is on my mind without regard for the feelings of others. This can sometimes come off as jabroni-ish.... which it kinda is, but I am also being completely honest while doing so.

Being a lazy f***: procrastinating everything. It's a very valuable ability that shows how many f***s you give =D

Anti-Reproductive processes: (Always Active, constantly ticking, Aura) It isn't like he can't, or that he won't. But, when in a situation between himself and an irl member of the opposite gender, Techi fails to be attractive or seductive in the least. Especially when he really wants to be someone's mate, his obsession of pokemon and unwillingness to travel far from home will work its way into any conversation . Essentially, Techi wonders why he has yet to get himself fixed to end this painful, pitiful cycle.

Hot Blooded: Opposite of cold blooded in almost every way.

Being a lazy f**k: See above

Over-Analyze: See above

Sleepy: Almost eternally sleepy no matter how much sleep has had or how much exercise has done. Most everything makes this person sleepy, from eating to showering to watching movies to listening to professors talk on and on and on.

Being a lazy funk: procrastinating everything. It's a very valuable ability that shows how many fucks you give =D

Being a lazy funk: procrastinating everything. It's a very valuable ability that shows how many fucks you give =D

Being a lazy funk: procrastinating everything. (Can't be bothered to finish the sentence from Rod's post, too lazy)

Being a lazy f**k: See above

ITT:

f25.gif

Friendliness: I can pretty much talk with anyone once we get over the initial introduction. It helps a lot when I'm working in retail and such.

Casual Mindset: This allows me to get not overly competitive and not be as concerned over losses than others might be.

Fluffy Hair: Self -explanatory.

Lava Blooded: Complete opposite of "Cold Blooded". Notably: my love of cold showers, sweating during a snowfall, and getting my highest university grades during the Winter.

Zero tolerance to heat, like at all. My only near-death experience was having a heat stroke.

Stomach of Steel: unless it has been corroded with a stomach virus, I can keep near anything down. It also helps that I have zero sense of smell so that I don't realize how bad something is until after it has finished moving through my tract (or someone tells me).

Essence of Water: I am calm to the point where I appear eternally bored. Sudden shifts in the state of things don't rattle me (like, at all). I am thoroughly patient and, like water, it takes a good amount of energy to get me to boiling point (which never helped me in football at all... 9 years of the sport, and never did I once get mad and unleash the beast).

Titan Body: Never broke/fractured anything and hardly been hurt in any serious way. Notably: A CAR RAN OVER MY FOOT.

Speed Tester[Passive] - Ability to always finish tests and exams faster than most of the class. Decent score guaranteed but usually not full marks.

Hyperprocrastination[Passive] - What rod said

Hyperluck[Passive] - My luck with card games suck but in real life I'm quite a blessed man. ily lady luck

Caesar's Migraines[Passive] - Like the Roman emperor himself.

Archived