CowCow's Monster Rating+Difficulty Rating

Okay so here’s the thing, this is in my opinion. How easy I felt certain monsters were based on my own knowledge, how well I think they did according to my own taste. Ranking will be out of 10 for Difficulty and Rating (Rating would be how much I liked/how well they did)
7 for both is “Good” remember. If you get a 7 you did a quite good job, just could’ve been better.

Shini the Scaremaster:
This one is just here because it’s on the list. Obviously was the easiest because Kate intentionally let people know who she was as host.
Difficulty: 0

Sadly didn’t see much of her at all, but it’s understandable. The little bit I saw held some promise. Wish we could’ve dueled at least.
Rating: 1

Orcus:
Heh, funny thing about this is I was tripped up at first because there wasn’t anything overly obvious about them. Could’ve been many different kinds of Orcus. However once I realized where they were going with it there was only one real option. Who do I know who has DnD tendencies and the capability of going full ham? Zai of course. And honestly the amount of activity helped here, as he was active then not.
Difficulty: 5

He was amusing, that’s for sure. The voice AMA thing was pretty clever, but sadly he didn’t expand on it much more and kinda faded into obscurity.
Also could’ve fancied it up a bit for full effect.
Rating: 6

Grim:
This one gave me a little bit of trouble, because Grim is such a popular character there are several I could imagine doing it. I found this one because of two reasons. One was sudden drop of activity. The other was Mandy. Pulling the Mandy card, while fun and clever, felt like a Peridank (Dude what do you want me to call you regularly I never decided) thing to so. Plus there were similar writing structure and a few...personality slip ups.
Difficulty: 6

God this one was great at first. He was on point most of the time, and pretty freaking fun. The Mandy stuff really sold it, and I was quite happy personally with the Morgan interaction. Not just brushing it off and rolling with it was cool. Sadly he vanished later though, at the point he was getting most interesting.
Rating: 6.8

Ex Machina:
You know it already Winter. You slipped up a few times and never corrected it, plus...the kinda wishy washy way he seemed to not express the idea reminded me of Winter (both the member and the monster last year). Plus you gave up at some point trying to cover it up.
Difficulty: 1

Hmmm...rating is tricky. I DID like the gimmick, the evolution. But it wasn’t explained and implemented the right way. It could have been great but it kinda fell short. I did like when Bill took you under his wing and you regained a bit of respect with that, the riddles were good. But all around it was just not quite there. I know you can do a good job though, so there’s that.
Rating: 5

Carrie Krueger:
Was a bit tricky at first honestly, because there were a few possibilities (First guess was Peridank btw, come on cute ghost punk girl? Very him). But over time I began to notice posting habits. Specifically the way you replied to people and how frequently. Plus I realized “Oh hey punk rock, music, Moog” XD
Difficulty: 7

I loved you as Carrie. You were on point, decently active despite a small dip in activity, and just fun. You interacted well with others. Though you could’ve used to have done it more with your fellow monsters. Your reactions were super on point, it was quite entertaining. Though you lost a bit because you didn’t really have anything to call your own, like some others did. However you were quite quite good.
Rating: 8

Ah Puch/Hades:
I got this one at Au Puch tbh. The way he responded to combat-y posts was ridiculously Striker. Like, almost just like him. Smite kinda through me for a loop though. That’s really all I needed but...Let’s move to Hades. There are several who I know would be a fan of Disney Hades but Striker is the top of that list. And the whole review thing. I mean. Leaderboard Chairman. But just because it was obvious to me doesn’t mean it was bad, see below.
Difficulty: 2

Ah Puch was not very good, kinda generic and boring really. Hades was excellent. He was very in-character throughout, even when it would’ve been much easier not to be. Though I will say I wish he had a bit more sass, that would’ve perfected it. The rapping was amusing to me, and the review thing was a pretty neat way to challenge folks. Overall you did very very well imo.
Rating: 7.5 (some deducted because of Puch, sorry)

Mnemosyne Callas :
I caught him with a single Google search. First result said Kamen Rider. So...Azure. ^^; Plus the lack of  activity when Azure was kinda not doing well.

Similarly to Shiki he wasn’t around much, so it’s kinda unfair to try and rate. I can’t tell if he would’ve been good but...Azure did seem to have a grasp on the character.
Rating: 1

Swedish Chef:
This is one that to basically most other people would be quite difficult. Because Neph really mentioned Muppets ever. But there were some clues. Such as the frequency (or rather the shaky frequency) of posts, and the fact that its kinda a trolly character to write in this way. Plus honestly I assumed Neph would be a duelist. However what really got me was the fact that I KNOW Yui would be the obvious pick. And since it wasn’t Yui I had to decide “Who’d go along with Yui’s trolling” And Neph was top of the list.
Difficulty: 4

Hilarious, that’s the best word for it. Was so fun to watch and read and really really stuck with the character and I appreciate that. Plus the duel was amusing to do, very nice. Only issue is he didn’t keep it up much and keep going. He was sporadic basically. And such I have to lower the score a bit. Had he been more active he’d have been a favorite likely.

Black Enforcer:
Honestly knew this one right quick. There’s a select number I’d figure would go the YGO monster based route, despite the site being what it is. And Sakura was one of them. Dude ya need to branch out. We know you very well for Pokemon, Naruto, and YGO. Any of those is an automatic suspect. Also the fact that the writing styles were very very similar. Even their purpose was similar (BE was kinda set up as if they were a Monster Mod).
Difficulty: 2

They were an interesting character, really stuck to the whole hero bit. But it wasn’t enough, they really needed to branch out to more places, and interact more. Plus they could’ve played up the hero thing more, for sure. It was decent but it just wasn’t quite enough.

Foxy the Pirate:
This was the one I had most trouble with honestly. I had, frankly, no clue. No one seemed to really fit right. The obvious ones I knew wouldn’t go the cute route again so soon so that was out. There were a few possible due to FNAF but that was a bit vague to go off on. Ultimately it was process of elimination, activity, and timing of posts...that’s basically it. Plus Foxy visited my profile a couple times which Dragon Sage is wont to do...for some reason ^^;
Difficulty: 9

Well. Foxy was cute, I do like cute. And he stuck with it very well so that’s a big plus. However it was kinda saddening cause I wanted to see a creepy Foxy, plus they didn’t do a whole lot besides posting regularly. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t good. The thread with the charity names made me laugh though and so...
Rating: 6.5

The Hash-Slinging Slasher:
Okay so this one was a little tricky because they weren’t around a lot. But then I used that and checked who was being kinda inactive. And it helped narrow it down. From there I tried to remember who enjoyed those kind of cartoons and then realized it at that point.
Difficulty: 6.5

As for rating, sorry bro but you didn’t give me much to go on. You weren’t around a lot and you seemed to have not established your character very well...I’m sorry but it really fell flat. Bonus points for the reference in general but...
Rating: 3.5

Plumkin:
IHOP YOU BASTARD WHYYYYY (not actually upset btw). I had no damn ideaaaa. Mostly because, tbh, I barely know you beyond YGO and Pokemon...I need to fix that honestly. Anyway, I was looking for inactive people who seem the type to enjoy comedy Youtube channels and I couldn’t find many that fit well enough so I kinda sorta left this alone for a while...until I figured out all the other Monster Duelists and I was like “Well...ihop could work! And none of the others make sense for him so...GO!”
Difficulty: 10

You didn’t do much. :( You did have some amusing posts though, but you weren’t around and that saddens me. I really wanted to see how you’d pull this off. ^^;
Rating: 1.5

Gruntinda Winkybunion:
This was an easy monster you see
At least for one who knows as much as me
Yui is one who likes to rhyme
I could picture him doing it all the time
Plus he likes the game shes from
This was as easy as they come
The only thing that made me question
Who she was this Halloween session
Was the identity of just one other
The Swedish Chef who was like Yui’s brother
Difficulty: 3

Grunty was a fun monster this year
Even if she didn’t fill me with fear
Activity however was her problem
Otherwise she could’ve been the best of Autumn
Rating: 7

Nox Decious:
Hmm this was a hard one. Because I had no idea where he was from at first and once I found out I had no idea who would chose this as their monster. Plus their attitude was somewhat unusual, but then I figured it out through a few things.
British’s status talking about a Youtuber, which reminded me of the possibility. Then the time Nox was on combined with activity and how they responded to Bill, it just sorta fit together.
Difficulty: 7

Nox was strange. He was kinda fun in a campy can’t take this serious, oh my gosh this source material sounds so random, way. But there were times he sounded like he was taking it too seriously and it kinda made it a bit awkward. Plus he didn’t do enough, he should’ve built it up a lot more than he did. All in all not bad but not quite there.

Korosensei:
ITS NEPH I SWEAR? Oh it’s not? ITS KOMAEDA I SWEAR. Not a difficult one at all really. ^^; I knew Komaeda was quite good at the whole character thing, plus the use of images was familiar (there were a few others that also did that but it narrowed it down). Not to mention I know Komaeda to be a helpful guy and the lecture style stuff was right up his alley. Plus I remember him knowing the anime.

He. Was. Awesome. From what I know of the character, perfectly in-character. He was active and interacted a ton. And he just all around did a super good job. Plus he even went out of his way to help others during which was great. Only issue was not enough threads and posts of his own outside of a few places.
Rating: 9

Norm the Genie:
Not too hard to figure out honestly, and I don’t think he really meant to be difficult. His humor was quite Mugen-like, plus the fact that he edited posts and posted in the Coolspy club thing, which honestly only Mugen would do of those in the event. Plus was not so active and Mugen wasn’t the most active. Only issue was I didn’t know if Mugen liked the source material.

Hmm. Wasn’t around much, but he DID nail the character quite well, imo. He just should’ve done more I think. But it was pretty well done when it was done. I also didn’t like that he seemed to be judgy on others but that’s not really to do with the monster. Sassy. :T Tricky one to rate but...

Scarecrow:
Was a bit tough to find because of inactivity at first but I figured it out fairly easily. I left it for the end to be sure though. His posting style was kinda similar to Lazarus, the intellectual and kinda long posts. Plus the timing of the monster around when Lazarus mentioned having a hard time with writing stuff.
Difficulty: 5.5

He didn’t do a whole lot, and was honestly...he didn’t seem to know what to do with himself. He had some good points but he really didn’t put in enough time to be able to really shine, sadly.

Carl:
Caaaarl. At first was a bit tricky. Thought it was Mugen because it just felt right but once I realized it wasn’t, it clicked. Pretty active, clever dark humor, gotta be the Thar man. Really I think my respect for Thar made me guess him mostly, otherwise it’d have been tougher. XD

Did I say respect? I meant it. While I’m not a dark humor fan DAMN did he do it right, and well, and often. It was glorious and it looked like he had fun with it. The only issue was lack of interaction, but he was still around despite this so that’s good. There’s not much to say but that’s because it was simple but oh so good.
Rating: 8.5

John Cena/Luna Yumizaki:
Toyo knows I’m sure but this was obvious. Wrestling meme that turned into CFV? I mean. Come on now. Plus inactivity in general, despite some strong starts.

I wanted so much more. qq It was such a good start with Cena but it literally vanished. But I loved the idea and it looked like Toyo was really getting it right. Luna was cute and I did enjoy dueling her but it was a bit saddening that Cena had to go. Plus it was sudden and awkward of a shift. Oh also toyo you didn’t fix the about me when you changed names XD And so based on pure potential...

Thousand-Eyes Restrict:
tbh there were like 3 people I thought it would be and I just went with those for my guesses. Garland and Tyretian. Because of Fusion love. And that’s basically it. XD I didn’t guess right away because...there weren’t many options I was thinking. ^^;

Sadly very inactive and the only thing they did was a fairly generic thing....though it was kinda neat the idea of a kind of game but...there wasn’t much to it sadly. Can’t give much of a rating
Rating: 3

Tsumugi Shiraui:
I kinda figured this one out early on. Because of a few things. One was that it was reminiscent of last year so I figured it was someone who did stuff in the event then. Another was mecha. I know a few who like this kinda sci-fi mecha stuff and Zai and Dan are on the top of that list of those in the event. So pretty easy for me honestly. Also the whole asking “but why” kinda thing.

Tsumugi was fun, imo, not really the best but she was entertaining to me. It didn’t quite work perfectly well, but it certainly was a sweet and nice thing. While many think that’s bad, I don’t particularly mind as long as it doesn’t get overbearing or anything. Dan kept to the character and got me interested in the show she’s from. So I can’t say he did badly. He was active, but not quite...he didn’t do a ton to stand out imo.
Rating: barely 7

Bill Cipher:
Well. I knew right away honestly. Because Bill acted kinda like Giga but more exaggerated. He was crafty and full of sass. Plus the fact that he was so in character helped prove who it was...aaand he messed up several times with posting on the wrong account XD

Best monster of this Halloween. As I said above, in character, sassy and entertaining as hell. Every post was gold, it was amazing. Plus he managed to make an event inside the event and make it actually work really well. Giga you did so well, I’m really impressed and there’s not much more to say I suppose. Except it’d been perfect without the slip ups. And so...
Rating: 9.5

Count Vlad Tepes Dracula:
Actually quite difficult, though in some cases for the wrong reasons. Progenitor wasn’t active, but Dracula was for a period. But other than that, I just couldn’t be sure. Dracula is vague enough to be anything however...his way of writing indicates someone used to longer posts for one, plus..this was a stretch but I know Progenitor was super into Ace Attorney which is Capcom so....It was largely process of elimination though
Difficulty: 7.5

He was goodish. But he didn’t do a whole lot. Even when granted a perfect opportunity to interact more. His posts were pretty good for the character, though more game references was desired. Since he went out of his way to explain he was the Castelvania Dracula. But not bad, if he had kept it up.

The Ghostwriter:
One that would be difficult for most other people but crazy easy for me. Cause I know Talim. I know how the speak, and post, and Ghostwriter had a ton of similarities to their style of speaking. Plus the ‘action’ thing, and I remember them talking about Danny Phantom so once I realized that’s where it was from....Literally my first guess XD

Was quite good when they actually posted. A bit of grammar issues which is bad for the character, and a few other hiccups, but otherwise quite good. In character, engaging, and active for a good amount of time. Wish they’d have done more with their library thing but certainly did a good job.
Rating: 7.5

Toffee:
Was another fairly easy one. The picture posts, the fact that Armz is the only one I know who knew what the show he’s from is, and the fact that he stuck to character so well. And that he was fairly active. It seemed pretty simple. Only thing that made it maybe tricky was there were so many that could have been Armz at first.
Difficulty: 2.5

I liked this one, he was around quite often and interacted with a ton of different people. he created things on his own and helped a bit with the event at the end. He did a great job being in-character and interesting. The only downside really was...he didn’t seem to be really enjoying it as much as he could have.
Rating: 8

Baalmon / Beelzemon:
Was kinda tricky at first because I wasn’t sure how much Black liked Digimon, though i remembered him having mentioned it a few times. Plus they seemed to not know about the monster duels. And also D/D/D seemed WAY too obvious for Black...but then I realized it. That secret thread. Who else do I know who can come up with sometimes specific and always interesting “secrets” about various members? Besides Thar, who doesn’t YGO, it HAS to be Black.

He was...at first...iffy. I wasn’t sure what to think of him really, but he got a lot more interesting once the dueling started, and when I went through that secrets thread. His second form was edgy as all hell but it was still pretty fun. he knew what he wanted later on and he stuck with it quite well. His rage at Bill was neat as well. Did a good job and was clever, had a shaky start, but overall well done. He did seem to vanish a bit sometimes though.
Rating. 7.8

Gavrill Madaraki:
Maan this one was tough. Partially cause I didn’t know Gavrill and I didn’t know Voltex. And so I used process of elimination, combined with looking at posting time and style. I basically got a few ideas and looked at how they posted. I came to Voltex when I realized that he’d probably be something a bit more obscure, and then I noticed how they kinda had vaguely similar styles of writing.
Difficulty: 8

She was pretty cool. Nothing special though, she did well, was definitely in character, and managed to do a few things on their own that was unique to them. I liked them, but I didn’t feel any special attachment. I’m unsure what was missing, but something was.
Rating: 7

Good god this was waaay too long. And it wasn’t even very interesting...welp there it is guys, any thoughts or questions let me know.

Carl:

Caaaarl. At first was a bit tricky. Thought it was Mugen because it just felt right but once I realized it wasn’t, it clicked. Pretty active, clever dark humor, gotta be the Thar man. Really I think my respect for Thar made me guess him mostly, otherwise it’d have been tougher. XD

Did I say respect? I meant it. While I’m not a dark humor fan DAMN did he do it right, and well, and often. It was glorious and it looked like he had fun with it. The only issue was lack of interaction, but he was still around despite this so that’s good. There’s not much to say but that’s because it was simple but oh so good.

Rating: 8.5

I figured the dark humor was what gave it away. :3

Very well deduction and analysis I say. Something that would definitely surpass my own way of thinking...you deserve this prize man.

9 is a fair rating with me I can take. I indeed wish I could have posted more fun topics, but I figured doing monster duels and analyzing deck profiles was more of my thing. And it was very nice that you also caught both of those quirks and attributed them to me, not only cause I liked Assassination Classroom. Good show, CowCow. Good show.

Aww, I was hoping to get a higher difficulty, if not the highest. Still, 8 is good enough to me. And here I thought that I was doing a decent job at covering my writing style.

As for the rating, yeah, I do feel I could have done a bit more, but I just blocked and didn't know how to handle my character effectively, nor how to adequately jump and join the games of the other monsters.

You really think I have a knack for whipping up secrets? That seems more bree's thing, I'm the uptight one.

Though... I have been trying to let a bit more loose, so silly secrets were fun to do. I like the cherry on top that I told Armz that his monster was trying to steal hsi girl.

Oh, and at first, I was genuinely peeved about being used as fodder so soon, but... Beelzemon (i will never say Beelzebumon again, i did that to be weeby and throw people off) IS prone to going rogue...

EDIT: and I do have to say, using that rage to set the stage was fun. Being hammy was a lot of fun.

If I had done straight Hades, how would I have scored in both? o.l

Well it's tough to say but probably at least a couple more in difficulty and one more in rating potentially.

You really think I have a knack for whipping up secrets? That seems more bree's thing, I'm the uptight one.

Though... I have been trying to let a bit more loose, so silly secrets were fun to do. I like the cherry on top that I told Armz that his monster was trying to steal hsi girl.

Oh, and at first, I was genuinely peeved about being used as fodder so soon, but... Beelzemon (i will never say Beelzebumon again, i did that to be weeby and throw people off) IS prone to going rogue...

EDIT: and I do have to say, using that rage to set the stage was fun. Being hammy was a lot of fun.

Oh I'm sure of it, you seem to have that kinda ability in your head. And yes I could tell you ended up having fun with that :3

Oh and thanks to everyone, don't know why I spent so long on this ^^;

Aww, I was hoping to get a higher difficulty, if not the highest. Still, 8 is good enough to me. And here I thought that I was doing a decent job at covering my writing style.

As for the rating, yeah, I do feel I could have done a bit more, but I just blocked and didn't know how to handle my character effectively, nor how to adequately jump and join the games of the other monsters.

You were tough enough dang it XD

I understand that, it seems a tough one to do.

Very well deduction and analysis I say. Something that would definitely surpass my own way of thinking...you deserve this prize man.

9 is a fair rating with me I can take. I indeed wish I could have posted more fun topics, but I figured doing monster duels and analyzing deck profiles was more of my thing. And it was very nice that you also caught both of those quirks and attributed them to me, not only cause I liked Assassination Classroom. Good show, CowCow. Good show.

D'awww ^^; But yeah I noticed you focused more on those. Which was kinda cool in its own right, and it fit.

I am alright with the rating. TBF, I was trying to go for Tsumugi being naive, not knowing how things are like here on Earth in the year 2015 and learning about our culture, but I guess it came off too much as me.

Though honestly, I'm surprised only CowCow and Black guessed me right. From what I've been reading, most people thought I was either Toyo or Sakura.

Toffee:

Was another fairly easy one. The picture posts, the fact that Armz is the only one I know who knew what the show he’s from is, and the fact that he stuck to character so well. And that he was fairly active. It seemed pretty simple. Only thing that made it maybe tricky was there were so many that could have been Armz at first.

Difficulty: 2.5

Your status didn't lie. I was half the monsters.

I mean....

I am alright with the rating. TBF, I was trying to go for Tsumugi being naive, not knowing how things are like here on Earth in the year 2015 and learning about our culture, but I guess it came off too much as me.

Though honestly, I'm surprised only CowCow and Black guessed me right. From what I've been reading, most people thought I was either Toyo or Sakura.

I didn't actually guess.

Lemme see if I can find where you slipped up... Oh right! Grunty's intro.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/342421-ask-me-a-question-this-halloween-session/

You did your thing where you ask a bunch of questions. People reacted similarly.

I didn't actually guess.

Lemme see if I can find where you slipped up... Oh right! Grunty's intro.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/342421-ask-me-a-question-this-halloween-session/

You did your thing where you ask a bunch of questions. People reacted similarly.

It is LITERALLY an AMA thread.

People ask questions.

So did I.

Still, I apparently was good enough for only you and CowCow to get it right.

Looking back, maybe presenting so many questions made it an orgy of evidence that it was me, so there was no possible way it could actually be me.

It is LITERALLY an AMA thread.

People ask questions.

So did I.

Still, I apparently was good enough for only you and CowCow to get it right.

Looking back, maybe presenting so many questions made it an orgy of evidence that it was me, so there was no possible way it could actually be me.

just because people didn't guess you doesn't mean they didn't know who you were.

Scarecrow:

Was a bit tough to find because of inactivity at first but I figured it out fairly easily. I left it for the end to be sure though. His posting style was kinda similar to Lazarus, the intellectual and kinda long posts. Plus the timing of the monster around when Lazarus mentioned having a hard time with writing stuff.

Difficulty: 5.5

He didn’t do a whole lot, and was honestly...he didn’t seem to know what to do with himself. He had some good points but he really didn’t put in enough time to be able to really shine, sadly.

This is... actually a quite accurate considering the ability to still kinda keep my regular way of posting is what drew me in on trying to play Scarecrow (and somehow it didnt even cross my mind it would be a dead giveaway XD). Though I was way too gung ho about it and yeah, pretty much ended up not knowing what to do with him once it was way too late to try and change anything.

Not planning on repeating it for next year though >:D

Eh, the rating on mine fits.

And yeah, I probably should've went with my other idea (which I mentioned in the reveal thread), as opposed to using Dark Law.

Might've been a lot harder to guess (and to pull off on my end).

-----

Though, one of the things I wanted to do this year was NOT be as obvious as last year.

Meh, in all honestly, I was expecting UE (who was helping me out when I was trying to scheme a duel deck for the Ghostwriter) and anyone else from any of the Skype chats I was in to ID me rather-quickly. I was actually banking more on the fact that those who didn't frequent such chats or the RP section would catch me. So, from you, I will accept the 1 Difficulty, but for others...nopes.

Archived