Marriage

Fusion X. Denver

Personally, if I marry someone, make sure that I want to spend the rest of my life with that person (meaning "is our relationship strong enough to survive for the next couple of decades or something").

So yeah, just make sure I find someone compatible who can bear with me.

As a whole, I feel that it's an individual's choice on when they should get married.

Forcing them doesn't seem right, and will likely result in a breakup shortly after.

----

I'm fine with being married to Latias for the moment though (for internet purposes)

Can I marry food?

In all seriousness, I used to dream of marriage. Then I entered school and realized I didn't want to marry, because I was surrounded by jerks. And then a few other things happened, and it's just become something that doesn't hold any appeal to me anymore.

Still, it's something a lot of people find happiness in, so I wish you luck with that if it happens. I recommend a longer engagement though rather than just jumping in head-first. From what I've seen, that usually ends in divorce.

I've always joked that my first marriage will be a test trial for the second, but that's pretty much how I feel about it. I never understood why people put such a heavy weight on marriage, I mean I do, people love to adhere to societal norms, but sheet's just not that important.

The relationship is important, the title, not so much. 

I've always joked that my first marriage will be a test trial for the second, but that's pretty much how I feel about it. I never understood why people put such a heavy weight on marriage, I mean I do, people love to adhere to societal norms, but sheet's just not that important.

The relationship is important, the title, not so much.

From experience, it's not the title, so much as the act.

For me, marriage is a relationship that never ends. A relationship that works and survives. Flourishes and withers with time.

Yes, there are benefits to the title, but the partner is what matters. Completeness, happiness, being able to share your life with someone so intimately. And that's... what Aubrey was to me. It made me happy to be caleld "hubby", and we considered it a marriage, even though it wasn't yet possible. C'est la vie, but to continue...

Can I marry food?

In all seriousness, I used to dream of marriage. Then I entered school and realized I didn't want to marry, because I was surrounded by jerks. And then a few other things happened, and it's just become something that doesn't hold any appeal to me anymore.

This is the reason I want to be married, not the reason to run from it.

Sure, it was a dream I had as a 3-year old, partially influencd by fairy tales quite clearly, but I only wanted it more as I grew older.

To spite the world that had spurned me and to be happy. Despite the loneliness, the pain, the distaste, I would win if I found someone who genuinely wanted their life to be spent in joint with mine. Because it meant I was worth something no one else said I was.

Marriage is the ultimate test of love. And I don't mean "Hollywood love" where you have butterflies in your stomach and the amazing feeling of being with that person that you like and who likes you back; those feelings fades, no matter how strong they might be in the beginning. The part after that is hard work, the ACT of love. Maintaining a lasting relationship with someone requires effort on both sides. Every marriage will have trials, arguments, hardships, etc, but working through all of those things and focusing on each other's needs is integral to keeping a marriage alive. If you're not willing to do that, you're better off not being in a relationship.  

Marriage is the ultimate test of love. And I don't mean "Hollywood love" where you have butterflies in your stomach and the amazing feeling of being with that person that you like and who likes you back; those feelings fades, no matter how strong they might be in the beginning. The part after that is hard work, the ACT of love. Maintaining a lasting relationship with someone requires effort on both sides. Every marriage will have trials, arguments, hardships, etc, but working through all of those things and focusing on each other's needs is integral to keeping a marriage alive. If you're not willing to do that, you're better off not being in a relationship.  

Of course, you say this with your years of marital experience right?

Eventually, probably, I shall get married and have a family and all that. Though right now I'm fine with just relationships that aren't marriage. I don't see a pressing need to marry. If I want to be with someone I will be with them, no matter if we're married or just dating. On the other hand if they want to be married and I love them and see myself staying with them I have no issues with getting married.

Of course, you say this with your years of marital experience right?

That's my opinion, no need to get snippy now.

I'll be happy to hear an alternative opinion, though I stand by my statement. Lasting relationships require effort from both parties and can't rely simply on chemistry and passion. 

I would really like to know the feeling of being in a romantic companionship with the destined one for an indefinite period, that's filled with a good amount of passion and tribulation.

Though, for me now, it's a bit awkward considering it since it isn't a priority, yet it's a planned thing. In my cultural background, my parents usually assist in picking possible spouses from my home country, even though we don't know each other and we have lot of differences. And of course there's expectancy from both sides to show off their best to the other family. Even though arranged marriage could technically be safer, I still want to feel the passion of long-term bonding from my own perspective.

Archived