Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

I wasn't claiming it was true >.> do you guys just hate speculation?

No, I just don't want to get my hopes up and have them be dashed. That, and nintendo usually reveals the starters before the release, so we can be patient and hope

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind speculations, but it'll suck if we get our hopes up for something in them and they get dashed a couple weeks later. I like the starter designs, but if those aren't the actual ones and they end up being something else, well...(though I'll give the official ones a chance though)

Come to think of it, this month is supposed to have a TON of leaks so this is going to be interesting. 

I'm expecting the legendary designs at the very least. Past that we might also get the starters and some region info. I wouldn't expect anything more than that though. Pokemon spoilers tend to come out pretty slowly and if the game comes out in November like I'm expecting we have a fair bit of time before then.

Yea, I'm expecting the starters to be shown at E3. Its only a month later and between all the people following it and the importance of the starters it makes sense to happen there. Assuming they are already shown in CoroCoro we are likely to get a decent bit of region info.

Looks like they are heading off CoroCoro leaking stuff by having an announcement for the games on the 10th. Serebii mistakenly tweeted out (then deleted) that the Japanese release will be on the 5th of October. So, if you want to speculate, have fun with that. Personally that feels SUPER early since I was guessing mid/late November. We'll know in 4 days.

Pretty sure they will be distinct from the other six generations worth of stuff, though there may be some similarities in design. It's not like multiple Pokemon weren't based on the same thing. 

It's still going to be too early to decide which game I'll end up buying, but I think this one will likely be the general overview of the region or the basic stuff. Hopefully character customization still exists. 

Damn it! I wasted the free Attack Power I got from check-in on my first try at Latios Lv.100, so I had to go again and spend a lot of coins I was saving for Lv.150. Should've bought that Disruption Delay on my first chance. That goes out to prove that you shouldn't play boss stages late at night :/

I assume you meant to post this in Shuffle?

I assume you meant to post this in Shuffle?

I assume it should be there. So I moved it. Talking in several Pokemon based threads is bound to cause a misstep eventually. I know I've come close before.

Anyway, I'm curious if/how they will use Zygarde's perfect form since it would be REALLY weird to have that running around in the anime and side games but not in a main series game. IMO it's the biggest indicator that the new region will have some connection to Kalos.

I assume it should be there. So I moved it. Talking in several Pokemon based threads is bound to cause a misstep eventually. I know I've come close before.

Anyway, I'm curious if/how they will use Zygarde's perfect form since it would be REALLY weird to have that running around in the anime and side games but not in a main series game. IMO it's the biggest indicator that the new region will have some connection to Kalos.

Well, from what we can gather, Kalos is based on france. iirc, France has a few islands floating around in the pacific, right? Well then perhaps instead of Hawai'i, this new game will take place in a French Polynesia type of place?

@Flame: It might be nice, considering that we don't appear to be getting anything for it in Gen 6 (unless they put in some event item or something). But yeah, might have some link with Kalos; like Gen 1/2 did.

Suppose we'll have to wait until tomorrow or Monday for the directs and stuff to show us (if that's what it'll be about).

@Kitty: Probably, but again, let's wait and see. (Could be a hybrid of French Polynesia [or really Oceania] and Hawai'i in terms of the region)

Well, from what we can gather, Kalos is based on france. iirc, France has a few islands floating around in the pacific, right? Well then perhaps instead of Hawai'i, this new game will take place in a French Polynesia type of place?

I can totally see this. Though the way I'm imagining it the region would be connected to Kalos via the train in Couriway Town and it feels weird for me to imagine a ocean like area behind that mountain.

@Flame: It might be nice, considering that we don't appear to be getting anything for it in Gen 6 (unless they put in some event item or something). But yeah, might have some link with Kalos; like Gen 1/2 did.

Suppose we'll have to wait until tomorrow or Monday for the directs and stuff to show us (if that's what it'll be about).

@Kitty: Probably, but again, let's wait and see. (Could be a hybrid of French Polynesia [or really Oceania] and Hawai'i in terms of the region)

The date is actually Tuesday. 21 JST so 8 AM EST and 5 AM PST.

O, thing I want to come back; ability to refight gym leaders. HG/SS and BW2 had it and its such a cool feature to get to see the leaders with full developed teams. The PWT really needs to come back.

The date is actually Tuesday. 21 JST so 8 AM EST and 5 AM PST.

O, thing I want to come back; ability to refight gym leaders. HG/SS and BW2 had it and its such a cool feature to get to see the leaders with full developed teams. The PWT really needs to come back.

It's 2 am HST (which I won't be able to watch b/c of exam that day). Ah well, I can watch it on Youtube or something later.

But yeah, I'd like to get rematches with gym leaders back. Battle Chateau doesn't really cut it in X/Y to be honest.

----

Then again, we can only wonder what Types the leaders in this generation will specialize in. They need a Dark gym in here.

It's 2 am HST (which I won't be able to watch b/c of exam that day). Ah well, I can watch it on Youtube or something later.

But yeah, I'd like to get rematches with gym leaders back. Battle Chateau doesn't really cut it in X/Y to be honest.

----

Then again, we can only wonder what Types the leaders in this generation will specialize in. They need a Dark gym in here.

I want so badly for us to never get a Dark gym. At this point they've actively avoiding doing it so its clearly by design that we haven't had one yet. We have had 3 Dark E4 members though so that makes up for it. Honestly, I think the only time a Leader and E4 member have both specialized in the same type is Gen 2 with Fighting. Fun fact, only Psychic, Ice, and Fighting have had a trainer that specialized in that type in every Gen. Electric is also the gym that has shown up the maximum possible number of times (Gens 1 and 2 are set up such that all types -Dark were used as a gym type).

On that note, I posted this a while ago and because I like numbers I'll post it again

[spoiler=Type Specialization]

In terms of E4 type break down (numbers list gens it appears)

Ice: 1, 3

Fighting: 1, 2, 5

Ghost: 1, 3, 5

Dragon: 1, 3, 6

Psychic: 2, 4, 5

Poison: 2

Dark: 2, 3, 5

Bug: 4

Ground: 4

Fire: 4, 6

Steel: 6

Water: 6

We still need Electric, Fairy, Flying, Rock, Grass, and Normal.

As for Gyms (1 stands for 1 or 2)

Rock: 1, 3, 4, 6

Water: 1, 3, 4, 5 (x2)

Electric: 1, 3, 4, 5, 6

Grass: 1, 4, 5, 6

Psychic: 1, 3, 6

Poison: 1, 5

Fire: 1, 3, 5

Ground: 1, 5

Flying: 1, 3, 5

Bug: 1, 5, 6

Normal: 1, 3, 5

Ghost: 1, 4

Fighting: 1, 3, 4, 6

Steel: 1, 4

Ice: 1, 4, 5, 6

Dragon: 1, 5

Fairy: 6

Dark: None

Most common gym is Electric at 5 followed by Rock, Water, Grass, Fighting and Ice at 4. Least common are Poison, Ground, Ghost, Steel, and Dragon at 2 (and obviously Fairy at 1 and Dark at none).

Depending on how the Pokemon for each look + feel in battle, I might choose to buy one or the other. (Somewhat ironically, all of the Gen 6 games I bought have the BLUE box legendary on them; X and Alpha Sapphire). I still have kids asking which one I'm buying (Sun or Moon); general answer is "I don't know because they haven't shown anything yet".

Ideally, both would be good but finances are obviously an issue. (I still need to renew Bank in a few months)

-----

But yeah, there are a few things that I do hope they fix this generation.

TBH I love how they are going for a more colliseum-esque feel with the art style. Also, I love how quirky and adorable the starters are. (I only have a minor issue with Litten for looking kinda... mean I guess? The other two are absolutely adorable and Litten doesn't seem to fit...)

Archived