Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

And another typing i am looking forward to is Fire/Fairy, steel weakness completely goes out of the window, poison types are not that great and some are bug types so fire handles that, and also makes for some decent damage against dragons who actually don't care about dragons.

Fairy/Fire is an AMAZING type combo. You get 7 resistances (Dark, Fighting, Bug, Fire, Grass, Ice, and Fairy) and an immunity to Dragon. For coverage you get Grass, Bug, Steel, Ice, Dragon, Dark, Fighting. The only type that resists that combo is other Fire types. Fire's normal weaknesses still suck but the type looks amazing on paper.

Honestly, its weird to me that in terms of number of resistances Fire is the second best type.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CoroCoro has leaked and the only new info we learned is Magearna's type: Steel/Fairy

Next month's will have a huge scoop on Sun/Moon however. I imagine we'll see the cover pokemon because CoroCoro stated we can't see the pokemon on the box art yet.

Rather disappointed tbph. Especially since all they "revealed" essentially confirmed what we were thinking like 2 months ago.

CoroCoro has leaked and the only new info we learned is Magearna's type: Steel/Fairy

Next month's will have a huge scoop on Sun/Moon however. I imagine we'll see the cover pokemon because CoroCoro stated we can't see the pokemon on the box art yet.

Rather disappointed tbph. Especially since all they "revealed" essentially confirmed what we were thinking like 2 months ago.

When would that issue be dropping? I'm not familiar with the release schedule.

Thank god we're finally getting SOMETHING. This has been one of the most frustrating Pokemon games already.

Kinda figured it'd be Steel type, so that much isn't a surprise. As for Fairy, think a lot of us predicted it. The question though is how are its stats distributed and what kinds of moves can it learn (aside from the usual STAB stuff).

But yeah, it's been a while since we got anything about Sun/Moon, aside from some small details that there's at least 10 new Pokemon (Serebii said this last week, I think). Just going to wait until next month when a lot more gets revealed.

(That in mind, some people IRL are already asking which game I'll buy; answer is still "I don't know" because we don't have anything on the games yet)

The "at least 10 new pokemon" info is such a tease. Obviously it will be more than 10. The staters and their 3 forms + 2 cover legends.

Anyway, Magearna is a Steel/Fairy. This was to be expected.

Even without the cover legendaries there's the three starters, and Magearna.

Anyway so far my history of Pokemon was

Gen 1: Blue (got them all eventually)

Gen 2: Silver

Gen 3: Fire Red, and Emerald

Gen 4: Diamond and later Platinum. Soul Silver.

Gen 5: White (Zekrom

Gen 5.5: Black 2

Gen 6: X and then Y. Alpha Saphire and then Omega Ruby.

So yeah probably will get both. But so far I think the "blue" version is the most common one I get first?

I technically got a late start in buying the games, so really only own the console games from Gen 5 and 6 (XD came a little later after White 2 in terms of purchasing, and PBR is a somewhat-more predictable Showdown emulator).

If I had money, I'd buy both of them (but yeah, $40/game even with pre-ordering isn't exactly cheap). That, and I do need to renew my Bank subscription (or rather, put more money in to fund it). I'll get one of the versions, but which one it is will depend on the cover legendaries and whatever's available in each.

I agree with a lot of the problems with ORAS but she seems to be attributing all those problems to something unrelated instead of the original Ruby and Sapphire being two of the worst games in the series. And I almost completely disagree with her opinion on XY.

She basically said that the game was being developed for "kids these days" who don't have the attention span for such a long game, which Game Freak literally could not have done because they need to make players buy into the whole game not just the first few hours. That part of the argument just doesn't make much sense to me. Epitomized by the "who needs end-game content?" question she poses, completely ignoring the fact that ORAS's post-game story was better than the rest of the game.

Pokémon has problems. If it's soulless, it's not because of the new people it's trying to market to. It's because it's been that way for a long time.

Honestly, my biggest fear about Gen 7 is that historically the odd numbered Gens have always been weaker than the even numbered ones. Like, my personal ranking for the Gens would be

Its also funny that while XY has some of the most minimal end game content I have nearly 700 hours in it because breeding is so easy and its a great way to kill time while listening to podcasts. 

I probably have around 500 or so on XY (though blame this on starting two months later; that, and time on Alpha Sapphire and repeated White 2 runs). 

Though, I didn't play Gen 4 so not going to make a remark about her comment there [i tried playing it on an emulator, but it's really slow (the emulator, not game)]. I did go for Gen 3 [again, GBA emulator] and yeah, the glitches in there really killed a lot of stuff. I still haven't been bothered to finish the Battle Maison on either Gen 6 game yet though.

Delta Episode in OR/AS was cool though, even if I did think Zinnia was a bit of a pushover (probably blaming that on me being overleveled in the first place when we fought). Honestly, I had mixed feelings about the free Eon in OR/AS; at least I get a free legendary (one that I very much like) but I have no control over its nature [without massive resetting]; that, and the regular Poke Ball. 

-----

In any case, let's just see what the leaks next month show us. (Just remind me not to import stuff from Gen 6 too early)

Honestly, my biggest fear about Gen 7 is that historically the odd numbered Gens have always been weaker than the even numbered ones. Like, my personal ranking for the Gens would be

Its also funny that while XY has some of the most minimal end game content I have nearly 700 hours in it because breeding is so easy and its a great way to kill time while listening to podcasts. 

5th gen is my favorite so I can't really have this same concern, lol

For me it's 5, 4, 6, 3, 2, 1

The way I rank the gens is likely very different from most. What I look for is what they did for Pokemon as a whole. Thats why I value 4 and 6 so highly. 4 with the physical/special split, the introduction of a ton of great moves, and adding evolutions for a ton of crap Pokemon is pretty hard to match imo. I rank 5 as the worst because while BW has the strongest narrative and it introduced a ton of Pokemon that I like as a whole I don't think it really did anything for the franchise.

Honestly, I'm very curious what 7 will bring to the table since I'm not sure what it can do.

I'm all for refinement too. Note my list of Gen 4 things has the introduction of new moves and evolutions. We still have holes in type coverage (flying types have no good generic 80 base power move for example) that need filling and I'd love to see old Pokemon get actual evolutions and not just Megas still. Even more quality of life improvements like what we got how easy it is to breed competitive Pokemon are welcome.

Also, while not something I'd say "makes the gen awesome" I'd love to have the ability to have males pass down their Pokeball when breed with Ditto and to have the apricorn balls available again. I have a few Pokemon I'm not going to breed (Jolteon and Sylveon) unless I can get them in a fancy Pokeball. Another thing would be being able have some way for the game to recognize Pokemon you move from Gen 6 to 7 as still being yours so you can nickname them and whatnot.

Another thing would be being able have some way for the game to recognize Pokemon you move from Gen 6 to 7 as still being yours so you can nickname them and whatnot.

That would be nice, though the last couple generations didn't have that. (It is technically possible already, but the odds are astronomically low [your trainer/secret ID matches]). The male passing down its Pokeball is also an idea. 

I just hope Gen 7 retains the clothing option that XY gave us (or otherwise let us customize our game avatars).

---

I forgot what I said in the general improvement thread, but here's a short list:

• Retention of character customization (see above)
  • Ability to see the base stats of a Pokemon on dex (either that, or the IVs on individual pages)
  • Something similar to Black City/White Treehollow post-game. (Going to assume we'll have Horde/Super Training again)
  • Fix the word filters (some names that we'd like to use for Pokemon or our own avatars are unusable b/c for whatever reason, they contain part of a swear word in another language.)
  • Allow usage of other accented letters besides [é]. 

Sun and Moon may apply the day/night game mechanic, where interesting event only occurs during the day or vice versa, the same goes for Pokemon hunting....looking forward to it

Possible Inspiration:

https://www.google.co.id/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjPprSJ-43MAhUCFJQKHbkDAxkQFgguMAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpokemonsolarluna.proboards.com%2F&usg=AFQjCNEciOEvKJ6OdX2lvuLFSUrpZ-GHRA&sig2=B3HjOMEOeU4m2gK2mjPPsg

...Part of me wonders if we will see any of the unused designs that we've seen in the past. Though I can only think of two that would be worth it. 

The unnamed fish Pokemon that was planned for Gen 5, and what was the original or was just a rough/demo design for the Gen 2 Fire Starter. Or maybe we'll see that prototype Suicune/Raiko design.

6 2 5

huh.

mine is

2, 6, 5, 1, 3, 4

gen 4 is what i consider the "slow" gen. both because it felt the most taxing to play through, mt coronet, the swamp, and the blizzard routes were a chore to traverse, and because the battle systems were the slowest in the series.

Ironically, HGSS are also my favorite games in the series. But DPPt man funk

Archived