Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

Since this is the most recent Pokemon thread, I figure I'd put it here; some fans made a really cool tribute to Pokemon's 20th anniversary via a Pokemon style rendition of Blood Blockade Battlefront's ED:

And now I slink away back into the shadows, because I want these new games to be a secret~~~

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since this is the most recent Pokemon thread, I figure I'd put it here; some fans made a really cool tribute to Pokemon's 20th anniversary via a Pokemon style rendition of Blood Blockade Battlefront's ED:

And now I slink away back into the shadows, because I want these new games to be a secret~~~

*drags you back to say*

That was actually amazing, this is now one of my favorite things. Thank you for showing this.

I need to watch BBB. I'be heard amazing things.

That was also adorable. I love how they even had Blue (using her actual Japanese name) from the manga in there too.

Its funny, I play MTG and thats only a few years older then Pokemon so seeing all these tributes and stuff makes me think that this is how all the people who played that from the start must feel.

This was already one of my favorite EDs back when it was airing but this edit was just amazing.

mega flygon, this one will happen soon i dunno about some art glitch though

mega dragonite, c'mon our hipster dragon needs more power

mega for the starter line of chikorita, cyndaquil and totodile if thats possible.

Also I would like to mention that personally I find Ubers one of the worst/most boring tiers, competitively. To me it's counterproductive to make more than a couple Pokemon specifically for the tier.

i will just pretend that you just didn't say that, its much better and innovative than the other tiers out there, although outclassed by ou, the counter strategies, luring sets and the variety of checks/counters and the availability of legends make it one of the best. 

mega flygon, this one will happen soon i dunno about some art glitch though

mega dragonite, c'mon our hipster dragon needs more power

mega for the starter line of chikorita, cyndaquil and totodile if thats possible.

i will just pretend that you just didn't say that, its much better and innovative than the other tiers out there, although outclassed by ou, the counter strategies, luring sets and the variety of checks/counters and the availability of legends make it one of the best. 

Yeah Flygon is basically the most popular choice. Due to being well liked but also falling behind power-wise. Basically they couldn't decide on a design they were happy with.

I wouldn't say Dragonite needs more power, as it's really strong in OU. But we've been down this road a lot already.

Why pretend? I said it, I will always say it. Just my opinion from my observations. It's not innovative to me at all. I've never been more bored playing Pokemon than when I was playing Ubers.

Not to mention availability of legends is an opinion based reason. There's plenty of non-legends I like. And sure I could use them in Ubers, but that's rare.

And let's not lie to ourselves, Ubers has the highest percentage of horrible players, at least in regards to Showdown, due to the fact that many inexperienced people just want to use the "strongest" Pokemon.

*ahem*

Crap this is about Sun and Moon. Uuuuuh. Wonder if Deoxys will be part of the game in some way. Though, I get the feeling they're gonna focus more on the myths of the sun and moon over the whole space thing....

mega deoxys for a new banned force in anything goes.

Ubers has the highest percentage of horrible players, at least in regards to Showdown, due to the fact that many inexperienced people just want to use the "strongest" Pokemon.

bullshit, that argument is where i draw the line, ou and other tiers has a lot of noob force as well, probably more than ubers, it takes real skill to play with legends because 1 wrong move rsults in a sweep or 1 shot, dont speak of a tier you don't know as a whole about cow.

About Regigigas, he's far more likely to get a Primal Reversion/Rayquaza-esque Mega Evolution. It seems that he is, in part, responsible for the creation of the Regis along with AZ, from the lore hints we've gotten, and he's an honorary fourth member of the weather trio, but oddly mixes Greek mythos and Hebrew mythos together, being a humanoid made of clay that Serbs as a human proxy.

Leviathan Kyogre

Behemoth Groudon

Ziz Rayquaza

Human/Golem Regigigas

And where the first three physically create/manipulate the world (Rayquaza is he protector of the world with Ozone to keep the sun out), Regigigas terraforms with what there is, fitting a human proxy while stil being ancient and important.

mega deoxys for a new banned force in anything goes.

bullshit, that argument is where i draw the line, ou and other tiers has a lot of noob force as well, probably more than ubers, it takes real skill to play with legends because 1 wrong move rsults in a sweep or 1 shot, dont speak of a tier you don't know as a whole about cow.

idk man I've had plenty experience in a lot of the more common tiers. And when I can go 8-2 in Ubers with a team of PU Pokemon it tells me a lot about the noobishness XD

The others certainly have a lot of noobs but I can't say they have more than ubers.

I mean first of all one wrong move being able to result in a sweep is bad design to begin with. My experience with Ubers has been people who don't know what they're doing, seeing the same 10 things, and watching people lose a game they played completely right and better either because of one small mistake or missing one of the moves such as Thunder, Focus Blast, etc, which is almost needed to compete. (Another issue right there, having to rely on moves that can miss to do enough damage to things).

But that's neither here nor there you're stuck on your views I'm stuck on mine let's just stop here.

I'd say I want something for Volcarona, but I don't know what the Moon counterpart would be, since Volcarona is obviously Sun.

why do i feel solrock and lunatone won't get anything but will remain version exclusives lol

It's still early, so anything can happen (including them just being exclusive to whatever game).

As for a moon version to Volcarona, maybe some butterfly-esque thing with crystalline wings or something. Not sure of its typing though.

It's still early, so anything can happen (including them just being exclusive to whatever game).

As for a moon version to Volcarona, maybe some butterfly-esque thing with crystalline wings or something. Not sure of its typing though.

Bug/Ice? Yes, it'd suck competitively, but, you know, flavour.

I'd say I want something for Volcarona, but I don't know what the Moon counterpart would be, since Volcarona is obviously Sun.

Personally, I'd want the counter to Vol to be based on Batra since she reminds me of Mothra.

Also, speaking of stuff I'd love them to change in Gen 7, rework Sealth Rocks and give it the same damage range as Spikes. So x.25 is 1/16, x.5 is 1/12, x1 is 1/8, x2 is 1/6, and x4 is 1/4. It makes the low end better, but makes the high end much worse which is where a lot of the issues the move has come from. As is it GREATLY reduces to usability of a lot of Pokemon that are weak to Rock and is such a big design constraint. Yes, this will also make stuff like Zard X and Talonflame better, but it gives other Pokemon in this group a chance to actually possibly shine again.

The main problem is that several Pokemon with Rocks being weaker would be soooo tough to beat.

The biggest difference imo is x2 vs. x 4. Losing 16% isn't THAT much better then 25%. Its 25% vs 50% that is huge. Though it might be too late since a lot of Pokemon since its introduction have been pushed hard enough so that losing so much health from it isn't as big an issue.

nah stealth rock is pretty fine and does not need nerf since it serves as a great check and makes you actually run rapid spin and defog and this is a necessity now (looks with a evil smile on magic guard users), as for volcarona, anything that can make it only take 2x damage on rock would be appreciated since lum berry takes care of status and 1 quiver dance initiates sweep till a pink blob comes in (chansey and s*** etc).

And another typing i am looking forward to is Fire/Fairy, steel weakness completely goes out of the window, poison types are not that great and some are bug types so fire handles that, and also makes for some decent damage against dragons who actually don't care about fire..

Archived