Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

SEA LION!!!!!

ahem. I quite like the look of everything so far.

I'm imagining rowlet is going to evolve into a scholar type thing, since it has its little leafy bowtie already.

Litten... I don't know what it'll turn into. But it looks like it need a a big *squishes firey mustache*

Popplio looks like it'll be a fun one. Who knows, maybe it'll turn into something neat, later on.

I'm a water loyalist, so I'm taking my precious sea lion baby and going to fight the moon moth thing.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably Litten for me. It's a kiittty. Gotta love a Kitty. Though the Owl is actually a grass starter I'd be willing to have for once. And the Seal isn't too bad either. Gotta wait on the evolved forms. 

Legendaries look sweet. Especially the bat. 

Visually the game looks like it's using the 3D game mode a lot better in terms of Camera now. Well, better than my last memory of X/Y. Which is improvement. Just hopefully they aren't as woefully safe as the last generation. 

There's another vid that confirmes the Professor is named Hala and the official site reveals Rowlet has a new move called Leafage

Actually, it's not confirmed the man who greets you is the Professor yet (although, as pointed out, his name does follow the usual naming pattern). It could be the old man who sends the starters out in the trailer.

Okay so I just woke up and saw all this.

- The commercial with the kid moving to Hawaii is funking amazing okay

- I like both the legendaries a whole hell of a lot but my friend called Sun and I'm okay with that because the Moon Bat is funking badass

- Starters all around feel kinda meh to me. Hoping their evolved forms are better otherwise this is a Gen V to me again

- Owl is the best of them design-wise though, followed by the Seal, then the Fox.

- Kitten's going to be Fire / Dark right? Like that has to be obvious

- Okay so why doesn't this seal evolve into Samurott. Don't funking tell me Samurott is an otter, he's a funking Sea Lion.

- Region looks dope

- Characters look dope

- I love it

- They better have like 10x the amount of clothing options as XY. I aint dealing with infinitely less options than the woman's choices again. LET ME WEAR A SPEEDO AND NOTHING ELSE

After hating ORAS, we back in here boyz.

If Litten does become a Fire/Dark type upon evolving, I'll probs use it in Sun.

Actually, it's not confirmed the man who greets you is the professor yet (although, as pointed out, his name does follow the usual naming pattern). It could be the old man who sends out the starters in the trailer.

The trailer I was on about which showed the name was the Japanese trailer, I never specified in that post what man I was on about.

Anyway, now that I know starters, legendaries, an that customization exists, I will now attempt to learn as little as possible about the game. Wish me luck.

Same. My little brother will probably share everything he learns about the games with me whether I want him to or not though.

As for starters, I think this is gonna be the second gen in a row that I'll be going green.

Probably will go for Moon, seems it'll be Dark/Something, maybe Fairy, maybe Bug. Can't be Flying as we just did that. I think the Lion will be Mono typed. That, or Fire/Grass, cause photosynthesis and stuff.

In terms of Starters, I honestly think I may just box mine, cause those suckers be ugly as hell. They've small good points sure, but none of them get me psyched up. Also annoying as I like doing Type Teams on my first run of Pokémon, so not knowing what will be what is an irater. Grass/Flying, most certainly Fire/Dark or Fire/Poison, and either Water/Normal, Water/Ice or Water/Fairy just don't light my fires.

So, Pokemans. Wasn't feeling the new designs at first. Then I slept on it and came around to them being adorable.

Rowlet is easily the most adorable. The art work where its just derply tilting its head really being what sold me on it. The leaf bow tie is extra adorabs.

Litten is really basic. I want to like it, but no matter how hard I try it just isn't clicking. The cat inspired Pokemon have never been the best so I'm hoping this turns things around later. It does continue the Chinese Zodiac trend since the Cat is the 13th animal there so thats cool. Also, it should totally become a Dark type based on its dark design

I didn't like Popplio because it looks like a circus performer (which is likely what they were going for) but it just looks too happy and fun in its art for me to dislike it. Regardless of how bad it is its never going to be as bad as Seal.

As it stands I lean Rowlet simply because its that adorable and grows on me more and more. Honestly the final forms mean a LOT more to me than base. Most of the base forms have never been super impressive to me anyway with only Torchic, Piplup, Fenniken, and now Rowlet being something where I was like, OMG so adorable must use.

Sun legendary looks pretty bulky imo. Not the biggest fan of it. No idea how I feel about the moon one since it looks pretty weird but at the same time pretty creepy. I'm inclined to say I love it.

I enjoyed how people called Hawaii and got it right. Region looks really interesting and WAY different from anything we've had before.

Final note is I REALLY loved the Japanese trailer. I love how they are pushing the human element of Pokemon. Thats a great thing to see.

I know I'm late:

We got another tree professor: Professor Kukui, after the Kukui tree, and it looks like his grandpa gives you Rowlet, a Grass/Flying type, Litten, hopefully we don't go back to Fire/Fighting, and Popplio. A water type whose a knockoff of Seel.

And we get a Sun Lion, makes sense and a Moon Bat, also makes sense. I also wonder if THIS is the gen we finally get a Dark-type Gym Leader.

I know I'm late:

We got another tree professor: Professor Kukui, after the Kukui tree, and it looks like his grandpa gives you Rowlet, a Grass/Flying type, Litten, hopefully we don't go back to Fire/Fighting, and Popplio. A water type whose a knockoff of Seel.

And we get a Sun Lion, makes sense and a Moon Bat, also makes sense. I also wonder if THIS is the gen we finally get a Dark-type Gym Leader.

Seel is a terrible Pokemon. Easily one of the worse designs from gen 1 IMO. Its just a seal with a horn on its head. Its just SO bland.

We get another tree professor: Professor Kukui, after the Kukui tree.

To quote Pchi in response to me; there isn't confirmation that the man (Kukui) who greets you is the professor, it could be the old man (Hala) who asks you what pokemon you want as your starter.

Also as Marriland said; Kukui looks like he could be JWittz's cousin.

Seel is a terrible Pokemon. Easily one of the worse designs from gen 1 IMO. Its just a seal with a horn on its head. Its just SO bland.

it may be simple, but that doesn't make it really bad. it's just a basic design. the design is still pretty nice, it's just not very out there in terms of design.

Archived