Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I especially cared I'd get the right Ditto for it and make sure it had 0 speed IVs, but I'm just a bit too lazy to go that far.

I got SUPER lucky that when I was catching Ditto for nature breeding one had 0 Speed. I ended up rebreeding a Ferrothorn to give it the 0.

With all this talk of breeding and what not I think I'm going to wait until bank is updated. Want to work on my living dex plus it gives the meta time to settle so I have a better idea what I should be breeding for.

So, I too just beat the final villain, and... I gotta say that it was pretty damn refreshing that the world wasn't at stake for once. It was, basically, just a family tiff. I did have to laugh when Guzma said "Y'all are stupid."

EDIT: Okay, why the funk is Komala allowed Earthquake, but a Golisopod isn't? IT'S A TINY funking KOALA BEAR! It shouldn't have the mass to cause a fuckign earthquake.

Beat the game. I bent over backwards way to hard to keep from having my Pokemon faint, and I just couldn't do it in the final battle since Tailwind gave his Ace Pokemon a speed boost and my team was super slow. Over all only had 3 faints stick, one against Lunala and twice in the final battle.

Team at the end of the game.

Cocytus, the Jolly Golisopod: 53

Dromoka, the Lonely Kommo-o: 53

Gila, the Rash Salazzle: 54

Polari, the Jolly Minior: 54

Agro, the Lax Mudsdale: 55

Hanzo, the Lonely Decidueye: 56

I realized while playing I kind of screwed up when I made it. I knew going in that I had 4 Pokemon weak to Ice which is why I have Golisopod, but it wasn't until well into my playing the game that I realized he gave me a 3rd Flying and Rock weakness. That kept coming up in the game and I wish I'd used Wishiwashi.

I think the most underwhelming member was Minior. He never had enough punch to his attacks while in shields up mode, I was forced to go itemless just to have a Flying attack, and while his shield down mode was powerful, it died really easily since it was already half dead and Stone Miss sucks. I wish I'd gotten to use Kommo-o more, but I got her so late that she didn't get to do much. Mudsdale was the MVP. I had amazing physical bulk on mine and once Stamina started going he just wouldn't budge to physical moves making spamming healing items super easy. I very rarely did this in game since I found it super cheap, but it let me revive my fallen member against the final boss.

I'm REALLY curious how hard the game is if you don't use EXP Share or having Refresh EXP boosts going. I turned off share about half way into my adventure and found myself either behind or about at the same levels as the trainers after a little and that was with the Refresh boost.

[spoiler=Thoughts on character stuff]

As a game, I think this might be the best Pokemon game. The characters in the game just have so much personality. The Aether family especially are great. I think it was Shradow that made the joke, but the journey in the game is just as much Lillie's as it is yours. She is just such a precious character.

On that note, one of my disappointments is Kahili and Mina. Kahili just comes from no where so you don't have any feelings towards her unlike every other E4 member. Wish she had shown up earlier and done something so your note like "who are you" when you get to her." Mina is just nothing of a character. From what I've seen she does stuff in the post game, but in the main game you might as well not even have a 7th trial captain.

I do wish I hadn't spoiled myself on so much plot stuff since the game really does do a LOT of cool stuff. Though I did still avoid some stuff.

Also is Tsundere also used for guys, cause I'm pretty sure Gladion is one. Or at least thats the best term I can think of for his character.

Nothing beats the fire trial when the Hiker showed up. So funking funny.

[spoiler=To those who have beaten the game.]Who has shown up for you whenever you defended your title? So far I've had Hau, Hapu, Gladion, and Kukui.

[spoiler=Champion Stuff]

The full list of characters you can face

Hau

Sophocles

Ryuki (random trainer who uses Dragons)

Gladion

Molayne

Plumeria

Hapu

Faba

Tristan (a youngster from Route 1)

Kukui

[spoiler=endgame stuff] working on living dex now, which is going to be a real bitch with the cosmog line and type: null. doing what I can since I currently don't have wifi

Yea, I realized that too about my living dex. Part of my was already considering getting Sun, but having it would make this issue a lot easier to deal with. Sadly, it sinks my chances at having competitive versions of these Pokemon. I think that is a small complaint I can make, a lot of the good new Pokemon in the game aren't breedable.

From here going to finish up the post game stuff then get back to working on my living dex in Y. I'm going the extra mile and getting natures, HA is they are easy, and egg moves for them since I go all in on projects. While the Gen change might change what certain Pokemon will want for natures I feel a lot of the older ones will more or less be the same and natures are super easy to change. I really do want to breed up some of the new Pokemon, but I'd rather wait for metagame stuff to settle before I do anything. Though first order of business will be getting a Fast Ball Jolteon. I can even get the right Hidden Power on it thanks to the bottle caps.

Beat the game. I bent over backwards way to hard to keep from having my Pokemon faint, and I just couldn't do it in the final battle since Tailwind gave his Ace Pokemon a speed boost and my team was super slow. Over all only had 3 faints stick, one against Lunala and twice in the final battle.

It's like you were doing a nuzlocke or something if you were going out of your way to prevent your pokemon from fainting.

Yea, I realised that too about my living dex. Part of my was already considering getting Sun, but having it would make this issue a lot easier to deal with. Sadly, it sinks my chances at having competitive versions of these Pokemon. I think that is a small complaint I can make, a lot of the good new Pokemon in the game aren't breedable.

I realised that those two are gonna make having a living dex a pain. It means, I'd have to beat one of the games at least twice to do so.

Mudsdale is a total MVP teammate. I grabbed him on a whim and he was a gift that just kept on giving. If anything, he was literally my best member, as I swear my Raichu has 0 Speed IVs, which is the only reason why pokemon with lower levels AND lower base speed out sped him at every turn. (And I feel Surge Surfer should have been a HA, since giving up Static for something you can't use except in previous set-ups or multis blows.) And the game was flat-out inhospitable to my Salazzle considering the sheer volume of Psychic, Ground, Rock, and Water types and moves you come across, as well as so many mons resisting poison attacks rendering Toxic + Venoshock pointless. At least 1 member of every important fight carried freaking Power Gem I've seen it that often.

It's like you were doing a nuzlocke or something if you were going out of your way to prevent your pokemon from fainting.

I realised that those two are gonna make having a living dex a pain. It means, I'd have to beat one of the games at least twice to do so.

I just REALLY don't like my Pokemon fainting.  

At least when bank is live you can bank the stuff you already have and reset if you need to.

Mudsdale is a total MVP teammate. I grabbed him on a whim and he was a gift that just kept on giving. If anything, he was literally my best member, as I swear my Raichu has 0 Speed IVs, which is the only reason why pokemon with lower levels AND lower base speed out sped him at every turn. (And I swear Surge Surfer should have been a HA, since giving up Static for something you can't use except in previous set-ups or multis blows.) And the game was flat-out inhospitable to my Salazzle considering the sheer volume of Psychic, Ground, Rock, and Water types and moves you come across. At least 1 member of every important fight carried freaking Power Gem I've seen it that often.

As I said earlier, one of my rules when playing through Gens is to only use Pokemon from what Gen, but part of me wouldn't mind breaking that rule for the Alolan Pokemon. In a lot of ways they are new Pokemon and they all seem really good.

Salazzle was solid for me. The Rash nature helped her make kills and thanks to Poison and Fire having a ton of resistances she could take at least one or two attacks despite being so frail. I agree that she didn't often have a chance to shine, but when I did get to use her I was happy. Same for Decidueye and Golisopod.

Decidueye has his moments I'll admit, but I honestly had a lot of issues OHKOing stuff with my more frail mons due to the absurd bulk a lot of the Alolan mons have. Like, slow or not, many of them hit like god damn trucks and run you down just as easily like one. Jezebel's only true shining moment was wasting the Totem Lurantis in my mind. Golisopod I'm iffy, since the guy completely deserved to get Earthquake; like, there's no reason not to. Pokemon with higher Atk and no relevance towards ground or earth got it, so why not him? Honestly, Golisopod feels like something that was completely overthought, and frankly, nerfed during planning.

Also, I decided to catch all 4 Kartanas. Dunno why, just seemed like a good idea.

Decidueye has his moments I'll admit, but I honestly had a lot of issues OHKOing stuff with my more frail mons due to the absurd bulk a lot of the Alolan mons have. Like, slow or not, many of them hit like god damn trucks and run you down just as easily like one. Jezebel's only true shining moment was wasting the Totem Lurantis in my mind. Golisopod I'm iffy, since the guy completely deserved to get Earthquake; like, there's no reason not to. Pokemon with higher Atk and no relevance towards ground or earth got it, so why not him? Honestly, Golisopod feels like something that was completely overthought, and frankly, nerfed during planning.

Also, I decided to catch all 4 Kartanas. Dunno why, just seemed like a good idea.

The plus attack nature likely helped mine a ton. I'm actually really curious how he'll shake out in competitive play since he has an amazing move pool.

My Golisopod normally just First Impressioned things for a ton of damage. The move is just so good in it.

Honestly I'm considering resetting after I get Type: Null and Cosmog to use a better team, since my current one was made on the fly. Right now I've currently got Incineroar, Slowbro, Mudsdale (my horsie love), Salamense, Lurantis, and Ripombee. Rip especially seems neat, as my planned moveset is Pollen Puff, Dazzling Gleam, Energy Ball, and Psychic.

Also, I wanna say that I LOVED using Mudsdale's Heavy Slam. He's the heaviest non-legend or non-mega in the game, so it's hilarious to use it.

I caught a Cyndaquil and a Bagon. Tell me, do you get all the riding pokemon at once cause I'm about to challenge Hala.

They come periodically from what I've seen.

My Abra evolved, but it did not learn Confusion.

The new evolution move mechanic sucks because of that, it prioritises the evolution move over the level up move if it learns a move at the same level.

Was not expecting my shields down Minior to lose a speed battle with Red's Charizard, but here we are. Took a couple tries but was able to beat him without losing a single Pokemon. I'm proud of that.

Team

Dromoka, the Lonely Kommo-o: 63

Cocytus, the Jolly Golisopod: 64

Gila, the Rash Salazzle: 64

Polari, the Jolly Minior: 64

Agro, the Lax Mudsdale: 65

Hanzo, the Lonely Decidueye: 66

Very happy I turned EXP Share back on.

Anyway, now that I've made it to the Battle Tree what do I have left to do in game other than UBs and E4 rematches?

Well after beating the game I managed to sort out my first EV trained pokemon which I will use bottle caps for when its Level 100. This being my Modest Tapu Lele (or as I called it Tapu Pinky) :P Will be working on my Timid Ash Greninja though spotted that it already has max SPD EV's but also EV's in both ATK and SATK where I will need Kelpsy Berry's to do so which when I done that I will EV train is SATK so its also ready.

Oh no, you doubled up on a type.

The horror.

I never understood the people who are adamant about not doubling types/ALWAYS HAVE WATER GRASS FIRE.

Especially when the doubled type is two different archetypes, or even just 2 different types of attackers.

They come periodically from what I've seen.

The new evolution move mechanic sucks because of that, it prioritises the evolution move over the level up move if it learns a move at the same level.

Yeah, I just got Tauros. I'll have to save Totodile for Next Monday, on the plus side, I'll get Deino day after tomorrow. But Horsea is a no go without Sharpedo or Lapras. And if I'm right, Klink should be in Hao'lui city.

Yeah, now I have to wait longer for Kadabra/Alakazam, to learn Psybeam.

On terms of status, I got Normalium Z and Fightinium Z. Got a perfect moveset for Krabominable:

Crabhammer, Brick Break, Ice Hammer/Ice Punch, Earthquake/Stone Edge/Brutal Swing.

Are you not supposed to? I figured you had to catch all of them during each quest. During the electric one's quest, I caught the first and then accidentally killed the second, got the whole "you still feel its presence" thing, and then found it again and caught it before the quest was over.

Yeah, now I have to wait longer for Kadabra/Alakazam, to learn Psybeam.

5 levels isn't that bad, though there is a lack of early Special TMs.

As for your Crabominable moveset, I do think Ice Punch is the better Ice move.

Oh no, you doubled up on a type.

The horror.

I never understood the people who are adamant about not doubling types/ALWAYS HAVE WATER GRASS FIRE.

Especially when the doubled type is two different archetypes, or even just 2 different types of attackers.

I'm trying to avoid what I did on a couple of occasions in Gen 6

Y: having 2 special attacking fairies on my team (that'll teach me for teaching Gardevoir Dazzling Gleam when I had Sylveon)

OR: having 2 physical attacking ground-types

Having said that, I've more-or-less solved my query; Lurantis and Mudsdale

Are you not supposed to? I figured you had to catch all of them during each quest. During the electric one's quest, I caught the first and then accidentally killed the second, got the whole "you still feel its presence" thing, and then found it again and caught it.

So you can catch more than one of a UB species in a game?

You have a series of quests post-game where you have to stop all of them. At least in Sun, there's one UB-01, two UB-02s, two UB-03s, four UB-04s, and one UB-05.

EDIT: Noticed a fun detail. So Route 3 you can find Bagon, and they can SOS Salamence. Directly below route 3 geographically is Kala'e Bay, where you can also find Bagon, but the ones there SOS Shelgon. So it's like the Bagon have jumped from the cliff (as described in most of its dex entries) on Route 3 to the Bay below where they become Shelgon, then they fly back up once they're Salamence.

Also, Salamence will learn Fly whenever you evolve into it as part of the whole thing now where Pokemon will be guaranteed to learn certain moves upon evolving. Thought that was a nice addition.

I still have several boxes full of purple Miniors and they're all over the Pelago, I feel like I'm putting them to work on the berry fields and the mines like they're slaves or something. XD

5 levels isn't that bad, though there is a lack of early Special TMs.

As for your Crabominable moveset, I do think Ice Punch is the better Ice move.

Very well then, I thought that considering Crabominable's abyssmal speed, Ice Hammer wouldn't matter. But Ice Punch it is. Taking advantage of the Attack Stat, but Heracross will always be my fave in that category. Speaking of, anyone know why Pheromosa is Bizarro Shuckle?

Archived