Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no, you doubled up on a type.

The horror.

I never understood the people who are adamant about not doubling types/ALWAYS HAVE WATER GRASS FIRE.

Especially when the doubled type is two different archetypes, or even just 2 different types of attackers.

Doubling up on a type is fine IMO. The thing you need to avoid is stacking the same weakness too high. Generally speaking you don't want to hit 3 which is one of the reasons my triple Rock and Flying weakness and Quad Ice weakness is VERY bad even though nothing on my team actually doubles up on type.

As for your Crabominable moveset, I do think Ice Punch is the better Ice move.

Hammer is better imo. The power Jump is massive and its already slow as hell so losing speed isn't much of a hit. 

Also, Salamence will learn Fly whenever you evolve into it as part of the whole thing now where Pokemon will be guaranteed to learn certain moves upon evolving. Thought that was a nice addition.

It technically already had this since Salamence learns Fly at level 50, the level it evolves. They just made sure you can't skip it, which I do like. I do wish Serebii would note when a move is an auto learn on evolution. When I was looking over stuff for the starters and didn't see them learning their signature move I was very confused. 

Very well then, I thought that considering Crabominable's abyssmal speed, Ice Hammer wouldn't matter. But Ice Punch it is. Taking advantage of the Attack Stat, but Heracross will always be my fave in that category. Speaking of, anyone know why Pheromosa is Bizarro Shuckle?

As I said, I think Hammer is better. However you are likely to be above the level it learns it and you'll need a Heart Scale to get it. On that note, you should use Close Combat over Brick Break. Move its way to hard to not use.

As for Beauty, she clearly can't take a hit so they went all in on her fighting ability.

Very well then, I thought that considering Crabominable's abyssmal speed, Ice Hammer wouldn't matter. But Ice Punch it is.

There's also the fact that Ice Punch has a chance of freezing the foe whereas Ice Hammer cannot.

Hammer is better imo. The power Jump is massive and its already slow as hell so losing speed isn't much of a hit. 

True, though I kinda preferred Ice Punch because of the potential freeze, but that's my opinion.

True, though I kinda preferred Ice Punch because of the potential freeze, but that's my opinion.

Don't need a freeze if they are dead.

Though on a serious note, fishing for the 10% is really greedy. It will rarely come up while the extra power is always going to be sure important. With STAB it is 112 power vs. 150, and then if you add on Super Effective its 224 vs. 300. The multipliers triple the power difference so even small increases can be really important.

Don't need a freeze if they are dead.

Though on a serious note, fishing for the 10% is really greedy. It will rarely come up while the extra power is always going to be sure important. With STAB it is 112 power vs. 150, and then if you add on Super Effective its 224 vs. 300. The multipliers triple the power difference so even small increases can be really important.

True, though on the subject of the 10%, that's the chance of Ice Hammer missing, but that's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

(Though regarding the calcs, with Iron Fist, Ice Punch would be 134 power)

It technically already had this since Salamence learns Fly at level 50, the level it evolves. They just made sure you can't skip it, which I do like. I do wish Serebii would note when a move is an auto learn on evolution. When I was looking over stuff for the starters and didn't see them learning their signature move I was very confused. 

You mean having evo in the level column instead of "-" to ease the confusion? (ironically that move caused the creation of the evolution page on Serebii :Kappa:  )

I love how Cosmoem is tied for the heaviest weight with Primal Groudon and Celesteela.

Also Mudsdale is over a ton holy sheet.

I love how it goes from tied for lightest to tied for heaviest. Speaking of light weight, Kartana is also in that lightest tie, flipping its counterpart Celesteela.

Mudsdale is a tank and I love it.

True, though on the subject of the 10%, that's the chance of Ice Hammer missing, but that's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

(Though regarding the calcs, with Iron Fist, Ice Punch would be 134 power)

You mean having evo in the level column instead of "-" to ease the confusion? (ironically that move caused the creation of the evolution page on Serebii :Kappa:  )

It always hurts when you miss the 10% miss chance. And if you want to count Iron First Ice Hammer gets it too, taking it to 180 before any type modifiers.

Yea. As Serebii has it now it is hard to tell the Evo moves apart from the level 0 moves (AKA Heart Scale moves).

It always hurts when you miss the 10% miss chance. And if you want to count Iron First Ice Hammer gets it too, taking it to 180 before any type modifiers.

Yea. As Serebii has it now it is hard to tell the Evo moves apart from the level 0 moves (AKA Heart Scale moves).

Ice Hammer counts for Iron Fist as well? That'll do it.

I agree that it's hard to tell, I'd have liked it to be clearer as well.

Ice Hammer counts for Iron Fist as well? That'll do it.

I agree that it's hard to tell, I'd have liked it to be clearer as well.

Yea, both hammer moves get the bonus. The other moves that get it that don't have Punch in their names are Sky Uppercut and Meteor Mash.

Given what I read with the starters, the evo moves are always at the top before the level 0 moves, as that's where you find Spirit Shackle/Darkest Lariat/Sparkling Aria.

I get that, but not all Pokemon have Evo moves so using the top of the learn set as the marker isn't the best. I think just listing it as "Evo" makes it much cleaner and clearer.

I'm so glad Destiny Knot can be obtained via Pickup, my Alola Meowth found one and I was like "GIVE!" saves me having to spend 48BP getting one later on.

I've been saving BP in PokeBank. At over 500 now and will hopefully have 600 when it updates. My only fear is that the update will eat my saved BP. Unlikely, but you never know.

So, I was looking over Primarina's learnable moves, and god damn does she have it good. Hydro Pump and Moonblast in her natural line-up, with Psychic, Shadow Ball, AND Energy Ball as available TMs. That's really impressive.

Energy Ball seems solid on it for bulky water battles.

Yea, both hammer moves get the bonus. The other moves that get it that don't have Punch in their names are Sky Uppercut and Meteor Mash.

Probs because it mentions the word punch in the description.

I've been saving BP in PokeBank. At over 500 now and will hopefully have 600 when it updates. My only fear is that the update will eat my saved BP. Unlikely, but you never know.

I haven't really been saving BP, but at least I don't have to worry about that.

Deposited the rest of my Pokemon from X into my Bank (including all my IV Dittos of various natures, some Pokerus holders, and a random shiny Spinda and Swablu, among other things) and my god do the chibi-ish character models in that game look weird after having played Sun.

Also I currently have 498 BP saved up. That should build up a bit faster with a few more full boxes now. Also, when I was loading up my X that I haven't played in forever for some reason I had a Typhlosion, Meganium, and Feraligatr (with their HAs) waiting in the Pokemon Link for me. There was also 140 BP that I'm annoyed at my past self for not keeping in the Bank, but whatever.

I haven't checked how much BP I have in Bank; hopefully those will transfer over (should have over 200, but I haven't checked). Hey, at least it's better than the 4 that I got from doing Battle Royale last night.

(First match was 3-0 win with Kartana, then I became runner-up to some stupid kids* b/c he killed three 'mons before I could [i got rid of 2]. When I bring my Eons and other power 'mons over, I will give those NPCs hell.)

* being the Youngster class. 

----

Right, and I guess I got lucky with finding a Destiny Knot with Meowth in the early game [almost didn't realize I had it]. That, and Leftovers. (Thank you, Pickup)

Most of my bank is filled with failed breedings of Karrablast, Solosis, Roggenrola, and Golett for the IVs I wanted, and just tons of Dittos. It's like I have every combination of IV in there that I just never got rid of when I got 5/6 IV Dittos. But hey, more BP, I guess.

At least Leftovers are easy to get because Munchlax have them I believe 100% of the time, and they're pretty easy to find.

EDIT: Currently up to 190/300 for my dex. Not going for a living dex, though, just want to fill it out. Living dex might be the next step if I decide to go for that later.

Ok so that is the only way to get them. I didn't have internet access for most of the day so for some Pokemon I wasn't sure but I just assumed it'd go for Corsola based on what I'd heard an NPC say about Toxapex. So when one quickly showed up after I False Swiped a Corsola and then immediately killed it with Bite, I was not surprised.

Incineroar likewise has a decent build, as he gets Outrage naturally, and can learn both Earthquake and Leech Life through TMs. I'm starting to think that Decidueye was the wrong horse to back here. But that's what I get for rushing to build my team.

Decidueye has exactly what it needs for its level up move pool. Two good STAB options for physical and special, boosting options Nasty Plot and Swords Dance, U-Turn to help spread EXP and get out of tough spots, priority in Sucker Punch, and recovery in Roost and Synthesis. Past that it has Baton Pass and Defog as Egg Moves and will eventually have a cool HA.

Probs because it mentions the word punch in the description.

I haven't really been saving BP, but at least I don't have to worry about that.

Yea, not sure why the Hammer moves count. At least Meteor Mash has Punch in its Japanese name. The others don't. Speaking of, that fact makes Bulletproof weird since a number of moves are blocked that aren't obvious.

Oh right, you can get BP from Bank, awesome. I should check on how much I have.

It is one of my favorite functions of the Bank tbqh.

I've only got 279 BP stocked sadly.

That is honestly a lot. The issue is that the Mega Stones cost SO MUCH so that will get eaten fast.

Anyway, I'm curious how is EV training in Sun/Moon? SOS battles seem way worse than Hordes. Honestly, if I have any complaints it would be losing Super Training for more fine point EV training, Hordes for super easy EV training, and not having access to farmable Lucky Eggs will make training competitive Pokemon pretty annoying. I do like having super farmable Heart Scales though.

Archived