Pokemon Sun & Moon

Tinkerer

I know it does. I was just saying it would be easier if I had a check list or something to record which cells I'd already collected. Even with the list I'm not going to remember which cells I've gotten and which I missed meaning lots of needless stops.

If I were to guess it would be the False Swipe thing. Maybe use a Pokemon with Foresight. I know Decidueye gets both moves.

On this note, another reason I'm planning on waiting is so I can send over a Pangoro for the sole purpose of SOS chaining. False Swipe, Entrainment, and Scrappy makes him an ideal choice.

Hmm, I figured so. I did notice Pangoro was the only one to get Swipe + Entrainment but I forgot it also got scrappy. Considering you can find pancham ingame I assume you can SOS chain to get it with scrappy?

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, I have been trying to look for Happiny, know where they are, problem is getting one to show up.

In some routes, whenever a Pokemon calls for an ally, there is a rare chance for a Happiny to show up instead of another of the same species.

I'm not sure if they appear as a regular Pokemon later on, but at least early-game, that's how you get one. Mine showed up entirely by accident when a Pokemon decided to SOS.

There's also an NPC in Malie City who'll trade you a Happiny for a Pancham; yeah, you have to evolve it yourself but there's an Oval Stone in front of the daycare (er, nursery). Might be easier, but yeah. 

Legend-wise, still haven't caught Tapu Fini and Necrozma (debating on what nature I should get on it b/c looking at Smogon isn't helping due to mixed [some favor going Physical, others Special and I think one set cut its speed; not like base 79 will be doing much). 

----

I technically found a shiny Gumshoos yesterday while I inverted the in-game clock (well, during attack training on Poni Island; not SOS battles). I sort of figured out how to do them, but yeah, it's still tedious as hell. 

Hmm, I figured so. I did notice Pangoro was the only one to get Swipe + Entrainment but I forgot it also got scrappy. Considering you can find pancham ingame I assume you can SOS chain to get it with scrappy?

Yep. If you have a Ghost type the only moves it can possibly have are normal and fighting so if it hits you you'll know it has its HA.

Personally, I'm going to breed one up in Y and send it over. Just need to hope I have access to the HA.

Yea, not sure why the Hammer moves count. At least Meteor Mash has Punch in its Japanese name. The others don't. Speaking of, that fact makes Bulletproof weird since a number of moves are blocked that aren't obvious.

I wouldn't have known moves like Aura Sphere were blocked by Bulletproof until I looked at the Japanese name.

I'm just wondering...

Does anyone have a Pokerus mon that they could give me? Preferably something trash so it's not of a great loss to you?

ANY Pokemon with the virus is NEVER trash, anyone agree?

Does anyone have a spare solgaleo or is there any NPC that shows you him? Not to mention the Pokémon SUN ultra beasts because i have moon. Im trying to fill the Pokédex!

Okay, so Island scan:

Melemele Island:

• Chikorita: Friday, Route 2
  • Litwick: Saturday, Hao'lui Cemetary
  • Cyndaquil: Sunday, Route 3
  • Totodile: Monday, Seaward Cave
  • Deino: Tuesday, Ten Carot Hill
  • Horsea: Wednesday, Kala'e Bay
  • Klink, Thursday, either Route 1 or Hao'lui city, going for the latter.
How common and is deino in the deepest part of ten carate hill?

Things I still need to get (outside of regular dex 'mons)

• Lunala (I'm training that Cosmog you get in the alternate world to evolve into it, but need someone to actually evolve it in Moon; I have Sun, so...)
  • Pheromosa (preferably one with a +Spd nature; Hasty or Naive works because it sure as hell isn't going to survive either way even if defenses don't get dropped)
  • Celesteela (Need to look up ideal natures on Smogon for sets, but yeah. Can't say finding one on GTS is easy though, but when have people on there not been idiots / unreasonable?*)
  • Necrozma (technically can catch on my own, but need to look for ideal moveset)
  • Tapu Fini (putting it off for a while; other three I already have.)

To-do list:

• Finish EV training stuff (i.e. Tapu Bulu, Buzzwole, Primarina 2.0 [starter's kid], Crusher/Striker [blaze Incineroar])
  • Level train
  • Breed Rowlet
  • Get the rest of the Eeveelutions (if I cbb to wait until January to bring over my OR/AS stuff)
  • Do stuff in above list. 

----

* There are some people who are reasonable about trades (and I like those), but then we have those who want ridiculous stuff (could be self-trading or otherwise being overly demanding).

Celesteela is really good though.

Minior is my favorite Pokemon in Refresh. It's got such great facial expressions with its big eyes, like how if you move your pointer/a poke bean out next to it it'll look at it with such a deer in the headlights face, its little smile is adorable too. The way it bounces around when it's happy is the best.

Also I like that Mimikyu is one of the Pokemon you can high five.

already finished up a 7th gen living dex, just need a cosmog, solgaleo, and type: null which i'm just gonna try and barter online for

You can get a Cosmog inside the alternate world post-game (basically, go to the altar where you caught the version mascot with it on team, go through the portal and you'll end up in the alternate world). If you have Sun, time becomes inverted; Moon will use Sun's time (or whatever the time is on your DS). Then fly over to the Lake of the (version you have) off 'Ula'ula Meadow, and there should be a Cosmog there. (Unless you already caught one)

If you want Solgaleo, you can evolve that Cosmog, but then you'll need to ask someone to trade / evolve it for you. (Might be easier to just get a fresh one if you can't trade easily with someone here or with self).

Gladion gives you Type: Null in the post-game. 

already finished up a 7th gen living dex, just need a cosmog, solgaleo, and type: null which i'm just gonna try and barter online for

Holy crap that was fast.

You can get a Cosmog inside the alternate world post-game (basically, go to the altar where you caught the version mascot with it on team, go through the portal and you'll end up in the alternate world). If you have Sun, time becomes inverted; Moon will use Sun's time (or whatever the time is on your DS). Then fly over to the Lake of the (version you have) off 'Ula'ula Meadow, and there should be a Cosmog there. (Unless you already caught one)

If you want Solgaleo, you can evolve that Cosmog, but then you'll need to ask someone to trade / evolve it for you. (Might be easier to just get a fresh one if you can't trade easily with someone here or with self).

My guess is he already got them. The Living Dex issue with this gen is you have unbreedable Pokemon that have a limited amount that have multiple stages. Makes having both versions of the game pretty nice.

Anyway, while looking at stuff from the living dex I saw that Mantine got Roost with the generation shift. Maybe it will finally be decent.

So if i use the opposite world to evolve cosmog, i get solgaleo instead of lunala in moon?

Archived