Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

So Volcanic Scattershot's effect reads that it can only activate its effect when it's sent "for the effect of a "Blaze Accelerator" card."

If I use Blaze Accelerator's second effect of banishing itself to send a Volcanic monster to the Graveyard, does Scattershot's effects activate?

Yes, Blaze Accelerator Magazine is a "Blaze Accelerator" card, and will Trigger Scattershot.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Infernoid_Vael target?

... "At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked an opponent's monster: You can banish 1 card on the field." ...

It really seems like it should, but at the same time, since the advent of PSCT, they've made extra special sure to say "target" on even the most obviously targeting stuff, and this one doesn't say target.

Is it just a matter of incomplete lore translation, or is this monster actually non-targeting banish removal? Cause that would be sick.

Does http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Infernoid_Vael target?

It really seems like it should, but at the same time, since the advent of PSCT, they've made extra special sure to say "target" on even the most obviously targeting stuff, and this one doesn't say target.

Is it just a matter of incomplete lore translation, or is this monster actually non-targeting banish removal? Cause that would be sick.

I'd say wait until a more official translation, but as far as current wording goes, it does not target.

Can you Special Summon Gladiator Beast Essedarii with Instant Fusion even though it says "must first be Special Summoned"?

No. It "must first be Special Summoned" by the method listed on the card. Furthermore, the Contact Fusions cannot be Fusion Summoned at all, because they're Special Summoned by specific methods instead.

"Must first be" and "Must be" mean the same thing, the largest difference is you can SS a "Must first be" monster after properly Summoning it. Usually, "Must be" is followed by "and can't be SSed by other ways".

I know that but I was not sure if they behaved differently in this situation, since it was something I had not experienced before now.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have two wicked avatars, and change one of their names with Hero Mask, will an infinite ATK loop occur?

Well... Yes it would... So it's an illegal move. You are not allowed to play effects that cause the game to have such a thing, as for the purpose of moving on...mthe game would go no where, you would only be allowed to play it if you had a way to negate the monster effect. In that case, both attacks become 0 (or one if there is another monster on the field)

Well... Yes it would... So it's an illegal move. You are not allowed to play effects that cause the game to have such a thing, as for the purpose of moving on...mthe game would go no where, you would only be allowed to play it if you had a way to negate the monster effect. In that case, both attacks become 0 (or one if there is another monster on the field)

You just answered a question is is 5 years old...

If Qliphort Shell is Tribute Summoned with a Qliphort, and later negated by Forbidden Chalice, will it regain its ability to attack twice when Chalice wears off?

Uh..

I'd say No. "Being tribute summoned or not" isn't remembered. Its why if you do it on a Barbaros, its attack will not reduce to 1900 when it wears off.

Same with the Qlips being special summoned/ns without tribute, Chalice completely bypasses the effect and won't make them return back to 1800.

These types of effects apply on their summon and are continuous, so I'd imagine the same would apply to Shell's tribute summon effect.

Effects like Barbaros and Qlips only apply the reductions at the time of Summon. Flipping them facedown or negating their effects temporarily will revert them to their original stats.

They DO "remember" being Tribute Summoned (unless flipped facedown). Negating their effects will reapply their proper effects when the negation wears off. (Naturia Bamboo Shoot's ruling)

Effects like Barbaros and Qlips only apply the reductions at the time of Summon. Flipping them facedown or negating their effects temporarily will revert them to their original stats.

They DO "remember" being Tribute Summoned (unless flipped facedown). Negating their effects will reapply their proper effects when the negation wears off. (Naturia Bamboo Shoot's ruling)

Fascinating. I was reading Grabher-Meyer's article and I thought that was pretty strange.

If a Union Monster is targeted by Full House and an effect is chained that turns it into a monster, will it still be destroyed?

Well, if you consider that the act of Tribute Summoning something (or any form of Summon) is not part of a monster's effects, the game state will still keep track of that, because it's something that needs to be remembered, for cards like Special Hurricane, March of the Monarchs, etc. The only thing being negated is the effects that apply when it was Summoned a certain way. When the negation wears off, Continuous Effects like Bambooshoot reapply based on whether the condition for being applied was still fulfilled.

Barbaros and Qlips is only different because setting stats to specific values is not continuously being applied. It's being applied once.

If Vylon Polytope

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Vylon_Polytope

summons a vylon union monster, that monster equips via its union effect, and then its destroyed, what happens? Does it go to the GY? or does it get banished?

I think it gets banished but I'd like to be sure

I'm going to use this precedent for a set I might make.

Archived