Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I destroy a Qli monster by battle (and it somehow miraculously goes to the Graveyard) with Crimson Blader, can my opponent Special Summon Qli monsters from the extra deck through Pendulum Summon?

Can't Summon even if they would become a lower Level.

Similar Ruling:

"While the effect of "Evilswarm Ophion" is being applied, you cannot Special Summon a "Qliphort Carrier" whose original Level is 6"

Omg so many rulings I'm never gonna remember. Raigeki vs Espiritual Beasts, you can return to deck, SS, and the materials will avoid the Raigeki right? Or are they destroyed because it's not targetting? 

Yeah, they'll get destroyed. Raigeki, Dark Hole and Torrential Tribute all don't target, so you can't avoid that.

Question on an hypothetical errata:

Let's say "Genex Neutron" gets the following PSCT:

During the End Phase of the turn this card was Normal Summoned: You can add 1 Machine-Type Tuner monster from your Deck to your hand (even if this card leaves the field).

Which cards would be able to negate its effect? How can you negate the effect if the monster ir Normal Summoned in that turn and then removed from the field later in the same turn? I'm assuming it would become similar to Pollux's lingering effect:

If you Normal Summon them successfully, and their effects are not negated from the moment they step on to the field by something like Skill Drain, then for the rest of the turn their effect is applied, regardless of what happens to the monster.

Question on an hypothetical errata:

Let's say "Genex Neutron" gets the following PSCT:

During the End Phase of the turn this card was Normal Summoned: You can add 1 Machine-Type Tuner monster from your Deck to your hand (even if this card leaves the field).

Which cards would be able to negate its effect? How can you negate the effect if the monster ir Normal Summoned in that turn and then removed from the field later in the same turn? I'm assuming it would become similar to Pollux's lingering effect:

I don't really think you understand what the last line means. What it means is that if cards that have effects that linger, such as Fire Formation - Tensen, leaves the field, those effects still apply. What I think you are trying to do is still make it activate, even if it isn't on the field anymore, which doesn't really work, since monster effects only activate on the field, unless they state that they activate elsewhere, that line has nothing to do with that though.

I don't really think you understand what the last line means. What it means is that if cards that have effects that linger, such as Fire Formation - Tensen, leaves the field, those effects still apply. What I think you are trying to do is still make it activate, even if it isn't on the field anymore, which doesn't really work, since monster effects only activate on the field, unless they state that they activate elsewhere, that line has nothing to do with that though.

What I'm trying to do with the PSCT is to precisely turn Neutron's effect into a lingering effect. But if the above PSCT doesn't work as I think it does, then which PSCT would you suggest to allow Neutron's effect to work even if it is no longer on the field during the End Phase of the turn it was Normal Summoned?

What I'm trying to do with the PSCT is to precisely turn Neutron's effect into a lingering effect. But if the above PSCT doesn't work as I think it does, then which PSCT would you suggest to allow Neutron's effect to work even if it is no longer on the field during the End Phase of the turn it was Normal Summoned?

Something like "When this card is Normal Summoned: You can activate this effect; during the End Phase of this turn, you can add 1 Machine-Type Tuner monster from your Deck to your hand."

Can the Special Summon effect of Trifortressops be activated multiple times on the same Chain?

To my recollection, the only Quick Effects that may be activated numerous times in the same chain would be Quick Effects that can negate the activation of other cards.  Trifortressops cannot activate multiple times in the same chain.

Naturia Beast, Naturia Barkion, and Naturia Landoise are good examples.  Naturia Landoise can attempt to negate itself if you choose to do so.

The Wicked Worm Beast. Does its effect only work on the field or can I constantly recycle it for Xyz/ Synchro/ Rituals?

The most recent print of The Wicked Worm Beast specifically says "This faceup card on the field". It will only return to the hand if it's faceup on the Field during the End Phase.

The most recent print of The Wicked Worm Beast specifically says "This faceup card on the field". It will only return to the hand if it's faceup on the Field during the End Phase.

Aww. Would have been nice in a Ritual spam Deck.

PS: I have the 1st Edition copy of the card (From the Kaiba Starter Deck)

Bloody hell. I leave for some 3+ years, come back, and Darkwolf777 is still answering in this thread. There's something serene about that. This place is timeless. 

I haven't played yugioh in a few years so I haven't visited this site all that often anymore.  When I do, I still at least check the Questions thread for things I can answer :)

What is the extent of effects that say "If it/this card battles an opponent's monster, that monster's effect is negated during the Battle Phase only" ?

Can they stop things from triggering in the grave, or no?

Going by what Rainbow Veil's Ruling say, it works from when you declare the attack and negates in the Graveyard as well.

I heard that the rulings on "when this card destroys a monster by battle" effects were changed. If Jurrac Guaiba kills a Ryko but dies to its Flip effect, will it still trigger? What if Guaiba clashes with Mermail Abyssturge?

The change is only OCG. You still follow the Rulings with Shura and such.

Archived