Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

You forgot Destiny Board's Spirit Messages

I guess those essentially have no effect without Destiny Board in play. But they also can't be played then. So.... those technically don't count.

• 2 months later...

Union Carrier Questions:

1 - Cards that require a specific something on the field. Dark Magic Attack, Burst Stream of Destruction, Primal Seed, etc.
If I equip the required monster with Union Carrier, do those cards become live?

2 - If Sangan or Witch of the Black Forest (or similar) leave the field while equipped to something by Union Carrier's effect, do they float?

16 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Union Carrier Questions:

1 - Cards that require a specific something on the field. Dark Magic Attack, Burst Stream of Destruction, Primal Seed, etc.
If I equip the required monster with Union Carrier, do those cards become live?

2 - If Sangan or Witch of the Black Forest (or similar) leave the field while equipped to something by Union Carrier's effect, do they float?

1) Yes, they should. A card doesn't lose it's name, no matter if it is not currently being treated as the type of card they actually are (in this case, a monster that now is being treated as an Equip Spell. Since the card conserves its name and is on the field, cards that mention a specific card for their activation, like the ones you mention, can be activated, since they only have a name in their card text, and doesn't specify a card type. I suppose that this is not the case if you have a card that specifies a card type, such as an "X" archetype Spell that ask you to control an "X" monster to activate it.

2) Sangan and similar will activate their effects. Remember that these kind of monster effects activate in the GY. Now, even if a slight doubt exists since it wasn't a monster while on the field (and thus had no monster effect), and the card specifies that the monster must be sent from the field to the GY to activate its effect, you can check this page. Here, it's mentioned that Sangan will activate its effect while equipped by Relinquished (check Dark Ruler Ha Des ruling in that page). In the example, a Sangan is equipped to Relinquished, and attacked by Ha Des. Due to the effect of Relinquished, Sangan is destroyed instead (it is not destroyed by Ha Des and thus its effect is not negated. In the end Sangan activates its effect  ^_^.

• 4 weeks later...

I was playing Link Evolution, if it matters.

I had RAM Clouder, Iblee, and an Excode talker that I summoned by Iblee's effect, but I couldn't Link Summon Borrelguard Dragon. Borrelguard says 3+ Effect Monsters, So I should have been able to do it since I had exactly 3 Effect Monsters on the field.

If I'm wrong, can someone explain?

3 minutes ago, Greiga said:

I had RAM Clouder, Iblee, and an Excode talker that I summoned by Iblee's effect, but I couldn't Link Summon Borrelguard Dragon. Borrelguard says 3+ Effect Monsters, So I should have been able to do it since I had exactly 3 Effect Monsters on the field.

where did you put your Excode Talker?

1 hour ago, Greiga said:

Borrelguard is a Link 4 and thus needs a total of 4 materials. Excode as a Link 3 counts as either 1 material, or 3 materials, and not anything in between. You couldn't make Borrelguard because RAM Clouder + Iblee + Excode is appropriate for either a Link 3 or a Link 5, but not for a Link 4.

If Borrelguard required 2+ monsters instead, then you could have Summoned it using Excode + either of the other 2 monsters, but it needs at least 3 monsters as material.

1 hour ago, Darj said:

Borrelguard is a Link 4 and thus needs a total of 4 materials. Excode as a Link 3 counts as either 1 material, or 3 materials, and not anything in between. You couldn't make Borrelguard because RAM Clouder + Iblee + Excode is appropriate for either a Link 3 or a Link 5, but not for a Link 4.

If Borrelguard required 2+ monsters instead, then you could have Summoned it using Excode + either of the other 2 monsters, but it needs at least 3 monsters as material.

how can i forgot this from all things lol

10 hours ago, Darj said:

Oh yeah I totally forgot about that part, thanks.

• 5 months later...
10 minutes ago, abyss97 said:

hello guys new collector here,

i have 3 ojama token that i can't be sure if they are fake or the real deal everything seems legit exept that in the bottom left corner is a number and no the text that i see in other tokens what is your opinion?

Do you think you could post a picture?

• 3 weeks later...

Can Spirit Ryu discard more than once within the same Battle?
The really old text has always made me wonder about it.... There's this old anime episode where Yugi discarded like 7 dragons in one go to boost it, but then I remember Injection Fairy Lily that also has a cost (even if LP instead of discard) and even though as far as I know it doesn't specify that is once per battle, it is sort of common knowledge that you can't just pay 6000 and have her gain 3000 ATK x 3 in one go opening up the game.....

I wanna just make sure of it...

@SleepyI have a feeling it can only be activated once. Reason being, the effect happens during the Battle Step. This is the rule pertaining the Battle Phase that makes me think this is the case:

Quoting from Yugipedia

"Upon an attack being declared, players can activate cards or effects in response to the attack, as per the rules of fast effect timing. As such, there can only be one Chain made in response to the attack."

Unless I'm wrong, you'd activate the Quick Effect of Spirit Ryu in response to the attack, and according to the above, only one Chain can be made in response.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, The Highlander said:

If Stardust Trail is tributed to summon Stardust Synchron (with that card's 1st effect), is the condition for Stardust Trail fullfilled to be Special Summoned or does it only work if another monster is tributed?

I could be wrong, but I'd would assume not.
Yes Trail would be in the GY during the resolution of Synchron's effect (so her check can apply), but that'd be after the cost of tributing her is paid.

24 minutes ago, ~British Soul~ said:

I could be wrong, but I'd would assume not.
Yes Trail would be in the GY during the resolution of Synchron's effect (so her check can apply), but that'd be after the cost of tributing her is paid.

I would assume so too, however the ruling with Star Seraph Scepter + Soverignty confuses me a bit, given that for CL1 Scepter, CL2 Soverignty a second copy of Sovereignty searched by Scepter can be summoned, despite not being in the players hand when the first copy was summoned.

Also if the copy of Trail being sent is happening simultaneously with the tribute occuring this might further complicate this.

1 minute ago, The Highlander said:

I would assume so too, however the ruling with Star Seraph Scepter + Soverignty confuses me a bit, given that for CL1 Scepter, CL2 Soverignty a second copy of Sovereignty searched by Scepter can be summoned, despite not being in the players hand when the first copy was summoned.

In all fairness it's been a hot minute since I last saw Scepter and Sovereignty played (incl Duel Links).
We'll have to see what the rulings are surrounding them in a couple of month's time.

I need help, fellow cardmakers.

Here's the deal:

(Quick Effect): You can banish 1 X monster with 1000 ATK from your Deck, face-down, and if you do, this card gains that monster's effect.

Ok, what I'd like to consult you guys in is the following:

1) Can I keep the identity of X monster a secret? I search for it in my Deck and banish it face-down. In a tournament, I guess it'd suffice to show the judge it has the required characteristics (being the X monster with 1000 ATK), but I don't know if I must show it to the opponent so they know this is true.
2) Linked to the above but, can my monster gain X monster's effect and I can still keep it secret if I don't activate it? Sounds pretty hard this is the case, it is face up and even if the other monster if banished face-down, the copying of the effect should "be added to the text of the first monster", so to speak. I still want to confirm if this is doable or not, or opinions about this.

Thanks n.n

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2021 at 8:30 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

I need help, fellow cardmakers.

Here's the deal:

(Quick Effect): You can banish 1 X monster with 1000 ATK from your Deck, face-down, and if you do, this card gains that monster's effect.

Ok, what I'd like to consult you guys in is the following:

1) Can I keep the identity of X monster a secret? I search for it in my Deck and banish it face-down. In a tournament, I guess it'd suffice to show the judge it has the required characteristics (being the X monster with 1000 ATK), but I don't know if I must show it to the opponent so they know this is true.
2) Linked to the above but, can my monster gain X monster's effect and I can still keep it secret if I don't activate it? Sounds pretty hard this is the case, it is face up and even if the other monster if banished face-down, the copying of the effect should "be added to the text of the first monster", so to speak. I still want to confirm if this is doable or not, or opinions about this.

Thanks n.n

For logistics reasoning it wouldn't be possible for a card like that to exist. It would be a ruling nightmare for judges. Also if you are stating it has 1000 ATK the opponent would have to verify that it is such a monster, or even a monster in the first place. Secondly, no. If I ask you "what is that monsters current effect" you would have to tell me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Need help with new Darklord support rulings.

Indulged Darklord special summons a Darklord monster to your opponents side of the field. 

If I choose to put a Darklord Ixchel on my opponents side of the field, can I special summon a Darklord Ixchel to my side of the field later in the same turn?

• 2 months later...

There is a Ruling question I am confused about in regards to cards that force attacks, like Hypnosister or Evil HERO Malicious Fiend. So, what I'm trying to figure out is what happens if you control multiple of them, I thought it might create a lock where you can't attack either, but then I looked at these rulings, and now I'm even more confused at how this whole thing works, because it seems like they are forced to attack Malicious Fiend, even though there's another card that forces attacks, so not sure why that would happen.

If you want to answer anything, the most important thing to me is what happens if I control two Hypnosisters basically.

If you control both "Evil HERO Malicious Fiend" and an "Evil HERO Lightning Golem" equipped with "Ring of Magnetism", and their effects are being applied, all monsters your opponent controls are changed to Attack Position, and they must atack. Since the effect of "Ring of Magnetism" is being applied, all monsters your opponent controls must attack "Evil HERO Lightning Golem" equipped with "Ring of Magnetism".[3]

If you control both "Evil HERO Malicious Fiend" and "Belial - Marquis of Darkness", and their effects are being applied, all monsters your opponent controls are changed to Attack Position, and they must atack "Evil HERO Malicious Fiend"

On 3/6/2021 at 2:25 PM, Bearwolf90 said:

Hello everyone,

Need help with new Darklord support rulings.

Indulged Darklord special summons a Darklord monster to your opponents side of the field. 

If I choose to put a Darklord Ixchel on my opponents side of the field, can I special summon a Darklord Ixchel to my side of the field later in the same turn?

no you are only allowed to summon one per a turn it doesn't mater which side of the field, but if your opponent summoned one to your side you can summon another the same turn.

• 1 month later...

Archived