Link Summon - Decoder Talker (FIRST EVER MONSTER)

Well I was ready to play the game again, but this killed it for me.  Ah well.

That seems like an extremely shortsighted view. It's like reviewing a movie without having seen the movie, without getting the whole picture, you can't really judge it, so simply not going back without trying them first seems shortsighted to me.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My main takeaway from this is that it solves the problem of where to put the f***ing Pendulum scales - I always used to put them both next to eachother in a top corner but that wasn't allowed at big events like nats and there was never room to put them where they belonged.

Honestly it's because of this that I love the pendulum change. It always pissed me off to see my opponent put them in the corner. And now people will have to keep their monsters in the same zones - people moving them around always messed with my head.

That's actually been Illegal since GX thanks to blasting fuse, alien infiltrator, storm shooter, senet switch and rampaging rhynos. Now it's just going to be enforced.

Thank god for that, I have seen some tournament videos online, and people just put their cards all over the place, I would go crazy if I had to play against someone whose Graveyard laid over the freaking monsters.

That's actually been Illegal since GX thanks to blasting fuse, alien infiltrator, storm shooter, senet switch and rampaging rhynos. Now it's just going to be enforced.

Yeah I know but even though my judge said that I was allowed to ask people to keep their monsters in the same zone, people just ignored me and called me a rule shark.

I'm also annoyed by people's weird placement of cards. Though since it's just aesthetic for the most part I don't usually bring it up.

Though I've seen people put their Scales on the far corner between the Field Spell Zone and Extra Deck, keep their Extra Deck inside a deck box, the Graveyard behind the Deck, the Deck sideways, the banished cards scattered behind the backrow, people throw cards to their Graveyard in any random order that ends in some cards upside down and some falling sideways, and often multiples of these at a time.

I'm guilty of once in a while moving cards if I have like 1 single monster left and it is at a far end corner or 2 backrow in zones 2 and 5 randomly, I just make it look more organized because at least once in the past I've seen a player miss the existence of a card on the field because it was so far out in the corner of an otherwise empty field that it was confused for the Extra Deck. Now if people are gonna generally take better care of where things are placed and relevant cards will actually be making use of this feature, then I don't have any issue with respecting zones and columns a little more.

Well, this is a much better written version, though we still lack a lot of information. What I personally got cleared up was that they definitely don't have Levels/Ranks and that monsters Special Summoned from the Graveyard cannot go to the Extra Monster Zone period. Something I wasn't questioning, but still useful to know, is that they must be face-up, it's not like Fusion Monsters which can use face-downs as well, such as the whole Gladiator Beast situation back in the day.

Just noticed that Pendulums Summoned from the Extra Deck must also be in the Extra Monster Zone. Ouch, that will probably be a big hit for Pendulums, though then again, I suppose that they are the ones that can use Link Monsters the easiest anyway, since they can re-Summon their materials and don't use the Extra Deck nearly as much. This will also suck for Qliphort, since they lock down Special Summoning except their own, so you can't easily make a Link Monster for them to use (well, in some cases you could potentially do it, the Normal Monsters don't have that limitation IIRC)

Links don't have to worry about Ghostricks? Pure Links here I come.

Anyway, a couple of things. I just now noticed that the Link Number = Links Markers. If it's always going to be like that (which may be why the markers are orange like Levels), I was thinking about at what point does laddering Link Monsters become adverse? No time soon, if ever, are we getting a Link-5 w/ bottom, left, right, bottom-left, bottom-right, OR a Link-8, but depending on effects and the game speed would Links like that even be practical at the cost?

Just thoughts I have after thinking about Decode Talker.

Links don't have to worry about Ghostricks? Pure Links here I come.

Anyway, a couple of things. I just now noticed that the Link Number = Links Markers. If it's always going to be like that (which may be why the markers are orange like Levels), I was thinking about at what point does laddering Link Monsters become adverse? No time soon, if ever, are we getting a Link-5 w/ bottom, left, right, bottom-left, bottom-right, OR a Link-8, but depending on effects and the game speed would Links like that even be practical at the cost?

Just thoughts I have after thinking about Decode Talker.

Just to be clear, you mean using Link Monsters as Link Materials because of their Link Number corresponding to the amount of monsters needed? Because I just want to add that Link Spider is already supporting this a bit, since it SS a Normal Monster after you bring it out, so they want you to use the monsters for additional Link Material for sure.

Just to be clear, you mean using Link Monsters as Link Materials because of their Link Number corresponding to the amount of monsters needed? Because I just want to add that Link Spider is already supporting this a bit, since it SS a Normal Monster after you bring it out, so they want you to use the monsters for additional Link Material for sure.

Link Spider links 1 zone.

Honeybot links 2 zones.

Decode Talker links 3.

This is what he is referring to.

Sorry should've clarified a bit more lol my bad. But I meant both points; laddering and having materials for higher links AND at what point would the markers be adverse if they do correlate as mentioned. 

Link Spider is a nice start for laddering, but seems more like Normal support than Link stuff. In regards to markers, Decode gives the opponent one, and has a decent eff to compensate for it, but that same spot could be used for BRD, SVFD, Trish, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Some new information about Link Monsters and the Extra Monster Zone.

Q: After you have Summoned them properly, when you revive an Extra Deck Monster with “Monster Reborn”, which Zone do you put them in?
A: You Special Summon it in a Main Monster Zone, not an Extra Monster Zone.

Q: If you target an opponent’s monster in the Extra Monster Zone with “Mind Control”, what happens?
A: It goes to your Main Monster Zone. When control returns to your opponent, it returns to their Main Monster Zone as well.

Q: Can you use Tokens and Trap Monsters as Materials for a Link Summon?
A: If they meet the material requirements, you may use Tokens and Trap Monster as Materials for Link Summoning.

1. Pretty sure we already knew that, maybe I am wrong, but good to know anyway.

2. Well that's interesting, it means that control changing cards won't be useless if you already have your EMZ occupied, so Big Eye still gets to shine (even though I barely see it used anymore). It is kind of sad that you can't really steal your opponent's Decode Talker to take advantage of its markers, but I guess you win and lose some.

3. Yeah, figured that would be the case, wouldn't make much sense otherwise, and we just got Cyverse Gadget revealed too.

Yea, with the Mind Control ruling, Omega should be able to return to MMZ unless they create special ruling for it for whatever reason.

Btw, do we have a good EARTH token generator? I forgot Scapegoat's type lol.

Scapegoat is EARTH, but of course the restriction is a thing. You can just use any Token to bring out Link Spider though.

Decode's updated eng card says "Effect monsters - 2 min." Which I'm guessing means you have to have a link 2 eff mon + 1 effect monster?

17432761920170316070006038.jpg?ssl=1

HOLY funk!!! they actually called it Cyverse.

I think I like that material line. Not 100% sure tho

Dark :/

they will make Missus Radiants for the other attributes,

also, look at this beautiful mat.

081146uco6futkjit7kcjd.jpg?ssl=1

funk the pendulum zones, they pushed the deck zones down and the field zone and grave up. This looks so much better, with everything being parallel

How am I gonna arrange the EMZs for 3 player free for alls?

Archived