Le Crayon Corner~

Sleepy

4 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

wait just one second!

image.png.78436d053fd2a5592279555c496391fb.png

If your character is not based on a Barbot from Mother 1 I'd be very surprised xD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, it's been centuries since I posted a drawing, so here it goes

Blumekko02.thumb.jpg.8244144581d088d404a30dbe511e16a3.jpg

Blumekko!

I had no idea that existed the limbs are based  popsicle sticks, the mask off joker(Persona 5), and the breastplate off ceruledge any idea's how to make it look better?

Cute drawing and how did you come up with the name?

• Shiba Inu 1

17 hours ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

Did you draw this or did someone else?

Nope, this is instruction-booklet art from Mother 1 ooor one of those clay figures they made to promotion the game, I'm unsure xD

EDIT: Dang, I didn't notice Lone Mouse comment's as it was in the next page, I'll post later so it is not considered double post

Edited by Rayfield Lumina
  • Shiba Inu 1

On 12/26/2022 at 9:17 PM, Lone mouse said:

I had no idea that existed the limbs are based  popsicle sticks, the mask off joker(Persona 5), and the breastplate off ceruledge any idea's how to make it look better?

yeah, but IDK if the tools I'll suggest are available in the image editor you're using. One is called Dodge and the other Burn. Dodge helps you give highlights and shines to the pic, and Burn is for shadows. Try to use it in the borders of the image, keeping in mind a light source (I normally take the upper left side of the screen as the light source. You access these tools with the O Key, btw.

On 12/26/2022 at 9:17 PM, Lone mouse said:

Cute drawing and how did you come up with the name?

Thank you! The name is a corruption of Bloom combined with "ko", which is often used in Japan to name girls, like Kanako, Rumiko, etc.

On 12/27/2022 at 2:40 PM, Lone mouse said:

mother 3 is the one that isn't in English, right?

correct. However, you can easily find the fan-made english patch in the web, which is near perfect, so you can play it just fine in emulator.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

today I got green light to start posting some Pokémon Pins I make. While they're not my drawing since they can obviously be recognized as the official artwork, it is a bit of a showcase of digital editing skills I have. I'll post many at a time as I make more as to not clutter the club n.n

Sunset Eevee

EeveeSunsetWM.thumb.png.eb5664e1921f135fc9f01adfcb6657e4.png

Funky Furret

FurretFunkyWM.thumb.png.a6c71842a99b3b2bea298d8fc9084cff.png

Crystal Gimmighoul (Roaming Forme)

GimmighoulRoamingCrystalWM.thumb.png.ef50e6f9fda9a887152ae06cdb76bc39.png

Edited by Rayfield Lumina
  • Like 1
  • Shiba Inu 3

5 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

yeah, but IDK if the tools I'll suggest are available in the image editor you're using. One is called Dodge and the other Burn. Dodge helps you give highlights and shines to the pic, and Burn is for shadows. Try to use it in the borders of the image, keeping in mind a light source (I normally take the upper left side of the screen as the light source. You access these tools with the O Key, btw.

Thank you! The name is a corruption of Bloom combined with "ko", which is often used in Japan to name girls, like Kanako, Rumiko, etc.

correct. However, you can easily find the fan-made english patch in the web, which is near perfect, so you can play it just fine in emulator.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

today I got green light to start posting some Pokémon Pins I make. While they're not my drawing since they can obviously be recognized as the official artwork, it is a bit of a showcase of digital editing skills I have. I'll post many at a time as I make more as to not clutter the club n.n

Sunset Eevee

EeveeSunsetWM.thumb.png.eb5664e1921f135fc9f01adfcb6657e4.png

Funky Furret

FurretFunkyWM.thumb.png.a6c71842a99b3b2bea298d8fc9084cff.png

Crystal Gimmighoul (Roaming Forme)

GimmighoulRoamingCrystalWM.thumb.png.ef50e6f9fda9a887152ae06cdb76bc39.png

Gimmighoul kinda looks like the Reddit Mascot from of Course Reddit. Also these look nice Ray.

Edited by Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Lone mouse said:

It amazes me how good people can be at sketching since I'm so bad. I might post a drawing this week if I have to time to do one 

It's just a matter of practice. Do post your stuff and go with the flow xP
No shame in skill level gaps n.n

For instance, look at this marvel from me. At some point in itme this was my best xD
7Fn8o4W.jpg

• Like 2
  • Shiba Inu 1

Sorry for the double post but I did this sketch a few years back and last night finally decided to ink and color it xD
Autumn, one of my characters, dressed as Little Red Riding Hood.
I was meant to put candy in the basket as it was a Halloween drawing, but I never sketched the candy and now I finally remembered this after I had colored the apples. I think there's a lesson there somewhere xD
wvGHXNT.jpg

• Like 2
  • Shiba Inu 2

2 minutes ago, Lone mouse said:

How did I just learn it's the year of the rabbit also any tips for drawing a mountain setting

Depends on what you are aiming for. Do you want mountains in the background or to draw your characters trailing through the mountains themselves? =3

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lone mouse said:

Mountains in background

Not sure what to suggest. 
I huh.... 
Well for starters I guess you could google Bob Ross' paintings for inspiration xD
Mountainous landscapes with happy little trees is almost everything he ever painted. If nothing catches your eye we can try something else.... Truthfully I don't have a lot of experience with that myself.

• Thanks 1