Election Thread

Ryusei the Morning Star

5 minutes ago, God Emperor Cow said:

except one of the removed tweets was

ErGMt52XIAE92sh?format=jpg&name=large

As well as the video

Was essentially "We were robbed and they're evil....but yeah just be peaceful or whatever"

aw fair enough. i only heard about the tweet from nbc when they reported on it which happened after trump supporters occupied the capital building so i was unaware of the full context. btw, is this just a random scream shot or does twitter have a public archive/means of viewing deleted tweets? would be useful for tracking this stuff down in the future.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, justduelist said:

aw fair enough. i only heard about the tweet from nbc when they reported on it which happened after trump supporters occupied the capital building so i was unaware of the full context. btw, is this just a random scream shot or does twitter have a public archive/means of viewing deleted tweets? would be useful for tracking this stuff down in the future.

Someone screenshotted it before it was removed, had to search for it

12 hours ago, Godbrand said:

This has been roxas "more or less" for the 20+ pages (give or take) 

This sort of attitude/mentality is not needed afterall we here to discuss the elctiom in a civil matter or we not? 

You've posted countless conspiracy theories, and when we point out how they're wrong or have already been debunked, you scream at people for not automatically agreeing with you.

You have hardly been preaching civility.

Thank you, vla1ne. I appreciate that you have finally accepted the facts instead of moving the goalposts even further.

Congress has affirmed that Biden legitimately won the 2020 election, and will be our 46th president. Warnock and Ossoff have also won their respective runoffs, sufficiently outside the recount threshold, so the Senate majority now belongs to the Democrats. If we can all agree that Trump well and truly lost, then it's time for all of us to move on.

I'm happy to watch conservatives eat their own.

23 minutes ago, vla1ne said:

I still believe the election was fraudulent, but after the 6th, it no longer matters, and my energy is better spent working towards fixing the holes revealed than lamenting that nobody else did.

Amazing, you're going to waste your energy on "holes" that don't exist, since the "revelations" you constantly celebrated were you continuously wrecked.

Look, you're free to waste your time on a cause long after it's already been lost, but I can't say we didn't warn you.

Who said anything about a lost cause? the establishment has been corrupt from the start, trump showed the extent. he wanted to drain the swamp, but he could only reveal it. the entire establismhment wanted him out, the media wanted him out, big businesses wanted him out. far as i can tell, every corrupt establishment has been against him. the courts refused cases on standing and not merit, it's about time to step into the ring myself. end of story. i'm running for office in two years, and i will finish the job my damn self. I'll hold this L, that doesn't mean i'll lie down after.

nah, I'm running on policies alone. anything not related to that is not worth answering, and i plan on using these two years to draft the legislation that corrupt officials have been dodging for years. term limits tailored to each seat in government, bill requirements preventing additional pork from being added to presented bills that have already been submitted, submission requirements of 3+ days for bills, depending on the number of pages, so no more 5k page bills being introduced the day before they are voted on (thinking of adding an extra day for every 10 pages past 20). removing the haze around lobbying and proper bill restrictions to it, such as clarifying what can and cannot be accepted. prioritizing american based jobs for any and all tax reductions, so no more overseas prioritizing. scaling tax brackets and reduction of both loopholes and regulations regarding taxes. pulling us out of wars and making damn sure the people responsible don't lie about doing it. dissolving government branches to stop blank check spending. reducing the money we print to stabilize the dollar properly. the list goes on, and it's been far too long since somebody actually finished the job.

This election has fully revealed the disdain that politicians have for the people, and the disdain they have towards those that work for the people. Gonna be a busy two years, and i'm liable to lose any number of times before i win, but I am damn tired of being the guy who says "the government is corrupt" and doesn't become the change that he wants to see. trump was the start, but he is not the heart of this movement. I will respect that man for the rest of my life, but his job is over for now.

Man, it really is hard to just accept that Trump was a bad president, huh. He was the swamp, and he drained it by getting his own people to jump ship.

We've already established that the cases were in fact rejected on merit, but since all you do is repeat the same beliefs ad infinitum, of course you can't possibly conceive of being wrong about that point, either.

You're so committed to never admitting you were wrong that you're running for office just to change the law to make yourself right. Enjoy your future as a perennial candidate.

6 hours ago, vla1ne said:

I still believe the election was fraudulent, but after the 6th, it no longer matters

Oh it matters, it's beyond clear what we're up against now. What you mean is we no longer have any real avenue to change it

On 1/6/2021 at 9:18 PM, God Emperor Cow said:

except one of the removed tweets was

ErGMt52XIAE92sh?format=jpg&name=large

As well as the video

Was essentially "We were robbed and they're evil....but yeah just be peaceful or whatever"

you're such a hypocrite you realize that right? Did you not recently post an image of unsourced claims that attacked the intelligence of Biden supporters?

Genuinely curious what else one should say. I repudiate all my views to make you feel better?

On 1/6/2021 at 7:44 PM, Nobody Really said:

100,000 is a fricking army. That isn't a small number.

On 1/6/2021 at 7:37 PM, justduelist said:

i hadnt heard about the shooting at the time. regardless, you are still demonizing at least 20+% of the american population over the actions of just a small portion of the roughly 100,000 individuals who showed up in dc. and yes, violence committed by anyone should be condemned, but you cannot use violence committed by the few to justify condemning everyone in the group. people are not apples, a few bad individuals do not spoil the rest.

only a small fraction of the 100K charged the capital, and only a fraction of that did anything unlawful IN the capital 

It's all depressing, the best chance we had was the Texas supreme court case where about half the states signed up to contest the elex, beyond that it was increasingly unlikely occurrences

A tragic ending, no doubt we have a few years of pain before us to deal with

49 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

Genuinely curious what else one should say. I repudiate all my views to make you feel better?

When you're supposedly trying to tell people not to be violent starting it off by basically saying they're in the right for doing it really weakens the message.

"I know he killed your parents and burned your village but maybe don't get in a fight with him". Technically this statement is saying not to fight but not really.

He seemed incapable of not including his feelings on the election; despite those feelings being a big part of what stirred people to do this.

Given how much Winter loves to say "You reap what you sow", that's very much in line with what Trump is saying. Kind of wild that asking Trump to not play the victim for one minute is apparently just as absurd as asking to him "repudiate all his views to make us feel better."

Telling us that this insurrection was the consequence of an election he still wants to pretend he was victimized over is just slapping his supporters on the wrist while condoning their motivations anyway.

Winter, vla1ne, you're not trying to prevent stealing an election. You want Republicans to get away with stealing an election. You are acting like entitled children who believe that you were "owed" a second Trump term, and just because he lost, after four years of festering hatred for him, his administration, and everything they stand for, that's all it took to believe that this was "fraud". Trump became the corrupt government he claimed to fight against, and when he lost the election, you both clung to anything you could get to steal if it meant Trump could be president for just a little while longer.

Quit pretending that you're victims of fraud and that you need to "fight back". Trump lost, and apparently that was an outcome you were never going to accept. You've been walking backwards to come up with any excuse because you want this to be "rigged", not because you've actually judged what makes sense and what doesn't. Narrative is more important to you than reason.

21 hours ago, God Emperor Cow said:

When you're supposedly trying to tell people not to be violent starting it off by basically saying they're in the right for doing it really weakens the message.

"I know he killed your parents and burned your village but maybe don't get in a fight with him". Technically this statement is saying not to fight but not really.

He seemed incapable of not including his feelings on the election; despite those feelings being a big part of what stirred people to do this.

They did "kill my parents and burned my village" in this context

And they're openly talking about "raping my daughter and dismembering my brother"

Trump was an prototype. The first of many. The next man or woman will be the Demon you all shamelessly accused Trump of being. I cannot wait

5 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

They did "kill my parents and burned my village" in this context

And they're openly talking about "raping my daughter and dismembering my brother"

Trump was an prototype. The first of many. The next man or woman will be the Demon you all shamelessly accused Trump of being. I cannot wait

Good work entirely ignoring the point.

You asked what was wrong with what he said and I told you. If he was going to pretend to be telling people not to be violent he did it terribly. So either he wasn't actually trying or he's absolute dogshit at using words.

Cry about your perceived injustices to someone else I don't care. I didn't respond to your question so you could whine at me I responded to answer your question.

Don't quote me if you're not going to actually respond.

Yeah and I'm telling you most people can see what occurred. You want him to desperately lie to people.

Telling them, yeah it happened, but it's beyond our fixing now (as vla1ne noted) is the only correct approach. Also these people aren't sheep, Trump telling them the Sky is red for the sake of Biden won't make them believe it

You just don't get it. It's not FOR Trump. Trump works for US. It was a theft from him sure, but the bigger theft is from US. That's why people are enraged. 

6 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

Yeah and I'm telling you most people can see what occurred. You want him to desperately lie to people.

Telling them, yeah it happened, but it's beyond our fixing now (as vla1ne noted) is the only correct approach. Also these people aren't sheep, Trump telling them the Sky is red for the sake of Biden won't make them believe it

tfw I refresh to see this

If someone doesn't believe in Heaven goes to a funeral. Their friend lost their spouse or something. They're crying. Do you think they should go up to them and say "Hey Heaven doesn't exist you'll never see them again but hey my condolences." just because they believe it?

No because that's stupid. You don't have to say everything you think of any given situation just because it relates to it. Especially if supposedly this was him trying to de-escalate things.

Does he suddenly stop believing it if he doesn't mention it at every opportunity?

Are you saying his beliefs are so weak they need to be reinforced constantly? He didn't have to bring that up to say "hey be peaceful"

Get out of here with that grade school bullshit

Archived